Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    he went to my high school i'm happy i was a freshman and he was a senior and i saw a playoff game of his and he was sick, i know i mention this all the time though, but anyways i'm glad to see him succeeding.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    I really dont think bowden will be that special he will not be an ace i think he could be a good 2 or 3 on a normal team but not higher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportfan6197 View Post
    I really dont think bowden will be that special he will not be an ace i think he could be a good 2 or 3 on a normal team but not higher
    Based on...??

vCash
    He pitched well last night, lets see if he gets another chance soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sawxfan View Post
    Based on...??
    LOL, also wondering this. If you haven't seen him pitch a handful of times, how can someone come to this conclusion? The guy has sick stuff and they weren't willing to trade him for a Catcher.

vCash
    I still and always have liked Bowden better than Buchholz against all others opinions. I like mentally tough pitchers he has that odd arm angle , he is bulldog. Buchholz to me seems to be fragile. Neither have conventional arm angles.

I said this once, I'll say it again, he HAS three ML ready pitches right now , two plus pitches. Name a pitcher this side of Dicek that throws more than three. I'm ok with him in a set up role to start with ...but he is doing just fine , thank you , as a starter.

I don't get the ceiling thing , not yet anyway. He has dominated every level given enough time. Go look......
    I'd say eventually he is a solid starter but I'm not smart enough to slot him with such a small sample. Same with Buchholz.
    Bowden is younger too. Much more powerful build. As for longevity who knows. I just like his mental makeup. I'd also love to see a batter run out to the mound, now tell me you feel the same with Buchholz. Luckily Buchholz runs real fast...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lil'papi View Post
    I still and always have liked Bowden better than Buchholz against all others opinions. I like mentally tough pitchers he has that odd arm angle , he is bulldog. Buchholz to me seems to be fragile. Neither have conventional arm angles.

I said this once, I'll say it again, he HAS three ML ready pitches right now , two plus pitches. Name a pitcher this side of Dicek that throws more than three. I'm ok with him in a set up role to start with ...but he is doing just fine , thank you , as a starter.

I don't get the ceiling thing , not yet anyway. He has dominated every level given enough time. Go look......
    I'd say eventually he is a solid starter but I'm not smart enough to slot him with such a small sample. Same with Buchholz.
    Bowden is younger too. Much more powerful build. As for longevity who knows. I just like his mental makeup. I'd also love to see a batter run out to the mound, now tell me you feel the same with Buchholz. Luckily Buchholz runs real fast...
    I do get the feeling that, if charged by a batter, Buchholz would look kinda wussy. Maybe something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSxFl...om=PL&index=44

Or...if things are really weird, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw_g3c70eGo

vCash
    i really like bowden i think he can be better than people give him credit for. im still waiting for clay to show me something, he had a good spring but honestly i think hes another over rated prospect, i hope im wrong about him but jmo.

Thank you K.G. JR!!!

vCash
    Why do you think that though? What are you basing that opinion on? What is the critical difference that you see between Buchholz and Bowden?

I'm asking honestly, not sarcastically.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12