Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Red Sox Call Up Bowden

Don't worry, another one of our starters isn't hurt. The Red Sox simply called up Bowden to help out their tired bullpen, then they'll likely send him back down the Triple-A.

The article also notes that we won't have a backup infielder tonight (with Lugo not arriving until Monday) so we could possibly see Lowell at short. LOL!

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=MLB&id=4209

Bowden's been pitching well at Triple-A. In 14 innings, he has a 0.64 ERA, a 1.07 WHIP, 5 walks and 15 strikeouts.

vCash
    on boston.com they said youk was taking groudballs at short. o boy...

vCash
    Bowden's stats are beast right now.

vCash
    With 3 of our RPs not being able to go tonight Bowden could prove to be very useful. Especially the way our SPs have pitched this series.

vCash
    Bowden's a monster. I assume he'll be optioned tomorrow for Lugo, but not a big deal. Nice to see they're thinking of him, so it means we'll probably see him plenty this year.

vCash
    Not to mention he looked pretty good tonight.
    Thanks to BeAn 5 ToWnE for the sig.

vCash
    cant wait for Bard's turn

vCash
    Two perfect innings of relief against the Yankees? Yes, please. Outstanding.

vCash
    He looked great, even if expert Yankees fan scouts decided that he doesn't have enough different pitches and he's going to injure himself based on his first inning of work.

vCash
    He had a good night, for sure. I'm not ready to exhalt him as the next Boston ace though. I'd still trade him off for the right return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    He had a good night, for sure. I'm not ready to exhalt him as the next Boston ace though. I'd still trade him off for the right return.
    WOW is that you knarf? Trading off a solid pitcher? But Buchholz stays. Putting words in your mouth, sorry.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I like this kid and he has three solid ML ready pitches. Scouts listen to reports and sometimes they are flawed. They parrot what others have seen, like nobody ever improves. This kid is a bulldog. Everytime he comes up he does what he is supposed to do.
    Can't say that about the other prodigy.

vCash
    Haha...remember that big fight we had when I accused you of putting words in my mouth?! Ahh, memories.

I'm willing to send off Bowden, yes. Haha. I think he's solid, but with a limited ceiling. I don't have as many concerns about his delivery as some have mentioned, though. I understand we have depth in pitching and some questions in offense. I also understand you deal from strength to address deficits. The only pitcher I would absolutely NOT deal in the system is Bard, at this point. I would be extremely hesitant to trade Buchholz, but if a truly special player like Miguel Cabrera or Hanley Ramirez WERE to become available (which I highly doubt) then Clay's got to go if necessary. Otherwise, I want to hold on to him.

On the other hand, Bowden has enough potential to possibly get something done in a trade, so he's available. Bowden is a lot more replaceable than Buchholz, in my opinion.

vCash
    Not sure if he was more confident then last year, or they changed him, or he got stronger. But his shoulder whip was a good deal faster then I have seen before. He also looked mentally like he was tuned in like a RP ace and not a SP. He still does not have a full array of pitches to be a very good starter, but with his attitude and his stuff right now, he could be a very effective pitcher in the 6th and 7th.

Very nice.

I would be much more interested in dealing Delcarmen then Bowden. Delcarmen will probably never be worth more.

I think I won't get my wish for a bat or catcher via trade. Between Buchholtz, Bowden, and Masterson they will have 2 of the 3 succeed nicely. No trading that. Anderson is stage left and ready for entry in about 14 months.

Nope, Sox sit tight for '09 and '10, and don't break the plan by trading youth, unless its nothing much, or the economy makes a Miggy type player very attractive.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 04-27-2009 at 09:52 AM.

vCash
    I would honestly have no problem with that. I'm pretty excited about the catchers already in our system, anyway Even though Saltalamacchia still fascinates me, I don't think I would trade for him anymore (I know you were never a big fan of his anyway).

Like you said, for the right opportunity I might part with some of the young guys, but it would have to be for a truly special player.

I think we can still market Bowden as a starter and get a decent return on him, though. If we can, we should.

vCash
    He had a very good tonight and im sure we will see a lot of him this year but im not ready to call him the ace of the staff yet.
    As far as trading on of these guys. I would trade anyone of those guys Bowden,Buchholz,Declarmen or Bard if a player like Miggy Carbera or Hanley Ramirez were to come up and maybe think about a guy like Brian Mcann or Russell Martin for Bard or Declarmen.
    If the price is right you trade one of these guys but if it doesn't you hang up to them. Bard is very intresting to me because of the situation with Papelbon. There were some trade rumors involving him this winter. I would hold on to him until we know if Papelbon is going to stay or not because he is the future closer as of right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast