Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What do you want to see the Panthers do this offseason?

SImple thread, where do you want us to improve and what do you want to see us do?

I want to sign either Marian Hossa or Marian Gaborik and then resign Craig Anderson and trade Tomas VOkoun for a defensive replacement and a nice scorer. I think we need to improve the scoring from this year. We desperately need a high volume scorer.

vCash
    I wanna keep Vokoun. But we never get big players to come here via FA. So, let's get solid and get some more D. Resign Jay!
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    We aren't resigning jay and I don't want to keep VOkoun. He is overpaid and basically lost like 3 games down the stretch with blown leads in the 3rd period. Id rather resign Andy and call up MArkstrom in 2 years and trade vokoun for some offense.

vCash
    We need freaking offense. I am so sick of us being a defensive team. Even in '96, we were a defenseive team playing the trap. I HATE trap hockey!!! I played trap hockey my whole life and its brutal, you need high goal scorers for it to work and we don't have that. When was the last time we made the playoffs, 2000? Wasn't a certain russian on the team? What a coincidence

I agree, Jay-bo is gone. I pray we sign-and-trade, but I doubt. Atleast get a pick for his rights or something. Huge mistake keeping him at the deadline. I know that we didn't have offers like we were looking for, but Nik Antropov and some picks would have been fine with me and could have given us some goals down the stretch (3-1 ATL, 2-1 PHL, cmon guys....).

I prefer we keep Vokoun and Andy, they pushed eachotehr well this year. I prefer goalie tandems, it forces competition, and that is a very good thing.
    One day, I will own a new NFL team, and to it I will sign:

QB: Michael Vick, RB: Ricky Williams, RB: Lendale White, WR: Terrel Owens, WR: Chad Johnson, WR: Plaxico Burress, WR: Chris Henry, TE: Jeremy Shockey, LB Ray Lewis, CB Deangelo Hall, CB Pacman Jones, DT Tank Johnson, and fill the holes with Bengles and Raiders.

Noone will #$@! with us, or we'll send our new offensive cooridnator Rae Carruth their way...

vCash
    how can you do a sign and trade for an unrestricted free agent. and i agree, high goal scorer and a centerwho can actually win faceoffs

vCash
    If J-Bo is a cool enough guy, he will resign with us and request a trade, which we will grant. That way, noone else can have him without trading for him. We get les value becuase people know we HAVE to trade him, but its better then nothing. This requires some cooporation with J-Bo though, he needs to help us. Basically, we tell him to pick a team and then force a trade with that team.

QB: Michael Vick, RB: Ricky Williams, RB: Lendale White, WR: Terrel Owens, WR: Chad Johnson, WR: Plaxico Burress, WR: Chris Henry, TE: Jeremy Shockey, LB Ray Lewis, CB Deangelo Hall, CB Pacman Jones, DT Tank Johnson, and fill the holes with Bengles and Raiders.

Noone will #$@! with us, or we'll send our new offensive cooridnator Rae Carruth their way...

vCash
    i dont think he would ever ever do that though

vCash
    just look at all the games we blew in the 3rd period with tomas in goal, pittsburgh, columbus, buffalo. that 6 points that we **** out. pathetic 3rd period efforts along with no true goal scorer and nobody in the shootout who can actually put the puck in net is the reason we are sitting home after saturdays game. fire jaques martaan, trade vokoun, resign anderson, and get a high volume scorer and we will make the playoffs next year.

vCash
    I really think we need to keep Vokoun. Yeah, those were some games that fell off from us, but we did little to help him. Teams know we don't have an offensive threat and that we are likley going to sit on leads. You have to look at other stats. Vokoun lost 2 or 3 2-1 games. Thats offense right there. 2 goals is fine from you goalie, you should be able to win those games. Also, 6 3-2 losses, we should be able to score more for Vokoun. 3 of those 3-2 losses were in OT. We need a goal scorer above all else. I don't see Anderson as a full time goalie, so why experiment. I love the tandem. Give Andy 30-35 starts and use him to push Vokoun. Vokoun had a nice shutout total. Most of any NHL goalie relative to the amount of games played (Minimum 10 games played).

vCash
    Two Word: Fire Jacques

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJames1222 View Post
    Two Word: Fire Jacques
    we have a winner!

vCash
    ya. i think that happens. also, i think we seriosuly need to trade vokoun. he starts off bad and finishes poorly as well. make andy the starter!!!!

vCash
    Looks like our wish wont come true...Cohen says Jacques is going no where.
    We def need a powerplay. Our D is set even though we have to suck it up and admit Bo is leaving. We need to lock up Boooooooooth and need a Center who can light up the lamp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MilfHunter07 View Post
    ya. i think that happens. also, i think we seriosuly need to trade vokoun. he starts off bad and finishes poorly as well. make andy the starter!!!!
    Sorry to say, but I fully disgree. If anything, I say we keep Vokoun and trade Andy. You cannot deny Vokoun's talent. And you say he finihsed poorly? He finished exactly average. I crunched some quick numbers, and in his final 10 starts of the season, Vokoun had a 2.50 GAA nad a .925 sv%. his season average is a 2.49GAA and a sv% of .926. You can't get much closer then that. He finished in the top 5 goalies with save percent (As did Andy). This is a goalie platoon we have with a bulk going to Vokoun, and thats how it should be. Vokoun should get 50 starts and Andy 30. Play the hot hand again. The biggest mistake was trying "get them going" early in the season where Vokoun was sent out game after game even after poor starts. We should be on a constant rotation of goalies next season, it worked good when it was applied this season.

Goaltending is the least of our worries, lets not chase another franchise goalie out of town. We have Vokoun under contract for another 3 years and h is about to hit his prime as a goalie (Goalies always hit prime in mid-30s, later then any other position player). I know Andy is 5 years younger, but if we get some actual goal scoring talent, then I think Vokoun will look that much better. Maybe he can actually get a win in those games where he stops 40+ shots and gives up 2 goals (He had 4 losses while giving up only 2 goals).

I cannot wonder enough how differnt it would have been to send Jbo for some actual offense. I was DIEING for my boy Antropov to come south with some picks...

Bottom line, lets not even consider touching defense or goaltending until we get a guy that can freaking score, which I think we can all agree on.

vCash
    I actually agree. The question is, is it worth Vokoun if we can get more value?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast