Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Most memorable Playoff Series That went the Distance ..

Most memorable Playoff Series.

Not in any particular order, but exciting series to watch (where you DID NOT Know who was going to win the series):

1. Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers (First Round 1989 – 5 game series) (Jordan wins it on the shot. Bulls win in 5)

2. Detroit Pistons vs Boston Celtics (1987 ECF – 7 Game Series) (Bird steals Isiah Thomas’s InBounds Pass in Game 5, Boston wins in 7)

3. Milwaukee Bucks vs Philidelphia 76ers (1986 East Conf Semis – 7 Game Series) (Mil wins series in 7 and wins Game 7, 113-112)

4. Boston Celtics vs LA Lakers (NBA Finals 1984, Boston wins in 7, Bird finally beats Magic.)

5. LA Lakers vs Detroit Pistons (NBA Finals 1988, LA Lakers win in 7, but win Game 6 by 1 over Detroit and Game 7 by 3 over them.)

6. Boston Celtics vs Atlanta Hawks (East Conf Semis 1988, Boston wins in 7 over Nique and Hawks, 118-116)

7. Seattle Sonics vs Houston Rockets (1993 West Semis, Seattle wins in 7, wins Game 7 by 3 over Houston)

8. NY Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (1994 ECF, Knicks win in 7)

9. Houston vs NY Knicks (1994 NBA Finals, Houston wins in 7)

10. Indiana Pacers vs NY Knicks (1995 East Conf Semis, Indy wins in 7 and wins game 7 in NY by 2.)

11. Houston vs Phoenix (1995 West Conf Semis, Houston wins in 7, and wins the last 3 games of the series, including game 7 in Phoenix 115-114)

12. Atlanta Hawks vs Indiana Pacers (1996 First Round – 5 game series), (Hawks win in 5, and win game 5 in Indy 89-87)

13. Miami Heat vs NY Knicks (1997 East Conf Semis – Heat win in 7)

14. Chicago Bulls vs Indiana Pacers (1998 ECF – Bulls win in 7)

15. NY Knicks vs Miami Heat (1999 East Conf 1st Round - 5 game series, #8 Seed Knicks win game 5 in Miami on last second shot by Allan Houston)

16. Denver Nuggets vs Seattle Sonics (1994 First Round, 5 game series - #8 seed Nuggets win in 5 in Seattle, becoming the first #8 seed to beat #1)

17. Utah Jazz vs Sacramento Kings (1999 West 1st Round – 5 game series) (Utah wins in game 5 in Overtime to hold off Kings)

18. NY Knicks vs Miami Heat (2000 East Conf Semis), Knicks win in 7 again on Miami’s Home Floor, 83-82.

19. LA Lakers vs Portland (2000 WCF – LA Wins in 7, after Portland blows 15 point 4th qtr lead)

20. Philadelphia vs Toronto (2001 East Conf Semis, Phili wins in 7 games, while Vince misses final shot to win series for Toronto)

21. LA Lakers vs Sacramento Kings (2002 WCF – LA Lakers win in 7 games, after barely surviving three of those games in that series and they win game 7 on the road).

22. NJ Nets vs Indiana Pacers (2002 First Round – 5 game Series) (Nets win in 5 after Reggie Miller hits a three in regulation to send the game into OT)

23. Minnesota T-Wolves vs Sacramento Kings (2004 West Conf Semis, T-wolves win in 7, and game seven 83-80, while Christie has a chance to tie the game in regulation)

24. Miami Heat vs NO Hornets (2004 East 1st Rd, Miami wins in 7, D Wade begins to make a name for himself)

25. Detroit vs Miami (2005 ECF, Detroit wins in 7, and wins game 7 in Miami)

26. San Antonio vs Detroit (NBA Finals 2005, SA wins in 7 over Detroit)

27. Dallas vs S.A. (2006 West Conf Semis - Dallas wins in 7, after blowing 3-1 series lead, but manage to win in S.A. in game 7 in OT)

28. Detroit vs Cleveland (2006 East Conf Semis – Detroit wins in 7, after nearly losing the series to a team they should have swept)

29. Phoenix vs LA Lakers (2006 First Round Matchup, Phoenix wins in 7, after LA blows 3-1 series lead)

30. Phoenix vs Clippers (2006 West Conf Semis, Phoenix wins in 7)

31. Boston Celtics vs LA Lakers (1969 NBA Finals, Celtics win in 7, winning games 6 and 7 of the series and game 7 on the road)

32. LA Lakers vs NY Knicks (1970 NBA Finals, Knicks win in 7)
    Which are Your Top 5 of these that went the distance that are the most Memorable?

33. Indiana Pacers vs NY Knicks (1994 East Conf Finals, Knicks wins in 7 and wins game 7 in NY by 4 with a flagrant foul called on Miller that was bogus.)

34. Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics (2008 East Conf Semifinals, Celtics wins in 7, the Lebron vs Pierce dual in game 7.)

35. Philadelphia Sixers vs Boston Celtics (1981 ECF , Celtics wins in 7, however they were down 3-1 and won game 5 by 2 points, game 6 by 2 points and game 7 by 1 point)

36. San Antonio Spurs vs Portland Trailblazers (1990 Western Conference Semifinals), Blazers win in 7, Portland trailed the Spurs 97-90 with 2:32 left in regulation. With the score knotted at 103 in overtime, the Spurs' Kevin Strickland inexplicably threw a no-look pass over his head toward the basket with no teammate in the vicinity. Portland wins 107-103.

37. Philadelphia Sixers vs New Jersey Nets (1984 1st Round Eastern Conference) Nets win in 5, Nets won all 3 games in Philly while losing the two games in New Jersey. This was coming off winning the title in 1983 on one of the greatest teams ever. Nets win 101-98

NOTE: It had to be a series that was a concluding game.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    If I had to pick just one...

Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers (First Round 1989 – 5 game series) (Jordan wins it on the shot. Bulls win in 5)

Honorable Mention
    Miami Heat vs NY Knicks (1997 East Conf Semis – Heat win in 7)

LA Lakers vs Portland (2000 WCF – LA Wins in 7, after Portland blows 15 point 4th qtr lead)

LA Lakers vs Sacramento Kings (2002 WCF – LA Lakers win in 7 games, after barely surviving three of those games in that series and they win game 7 on the road).

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Boston Celtics (2008 East Conf Semifinals, Celtics wins in 7, the Lebron vs Pierce dual in game 7.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

vCash
    So many great series to pick from but from a homer perspective. I'd pick the 2000 WCF. I had lost all hope when we were down by 15 or 16, thanks to an epic Blazer chokejob and Kobe, Shaq, Shaw etc stepping up, we clinched the gaem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba View Post
    So many great series to pick from but from a homer perspective. I'd pick the 2000 WCF. I had lost all hope when we were down by 15 or 16, thanks to an epic Blazer chokejob and Kobe, Shaq, Shaw etc stepping up, we clinched the gaem.
    I'd fault you for the homerism, but you were up front about it so i respect it, and that was a great sereies, I can still remember watching it, Blazers had it but choked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DocUSN View Post
    I'd fault you for the homerism, but you were up front about it so i respect it, and that was a great sereies, I can still remember watching it, Blazers had it but choked.
    Why would it be homerism? It was a good series.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Well there's no doubt this bulls celtics series gets added to that list. 7 total OT periods so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

vCash
    Celtics vs Lakers 2010 gets added here.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Boston and Miami in 2012 now gets added here.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    As a bulls fan for me it was the bulls cavs series where MJ hit the shot. One of the great sports moments of all time for me. The other series would be the pacers/bulls series that went 7 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    As a bulls fan for me it was the bulls cavs series where MJ hit the shot. One of the great sports moments of all time for me. The other series would be the pacers/bulls series that went 7 games.
    Yeah and IMO is what propelled the Bulls. Without that shot we lose in round 1 and don't get to advance to ECF to play the Pistons.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I'm biased. Rockets over Knicks. Celebrating with my dad and older brother. I miss those times sports-wise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    I'm biased. Rockets over Knicks. Celebrating with my dad and older brother. I miss those times sports-wise.
    Nothing wrong with this especially for a 1st title.
    - Michael Jordan