Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fiancee Problem

vCash

Fiancee Problem

Okay, so this is a weird situation and I would just like some other opinions. My fiancee told me today that she wanted revenge on a guy she liked in high school who didn't like her, and she bumped into him today and I guess he's attracted to her. I'm all for revenge, so I told her to tell me her idea. Well, turns out that she wants to go out on a date with this guy just to use him and stuff like that. I wasn't too happy about that, but then she said something else that just put me over the to; she would make out with him to tease him, I guess.
    Now consider me old fashioned but, I don't think she should do that and now since I didn't like her idea, she's pissed off at me and thinks I don't trust her. Did I overreact or would you react the same way? By the way, she lives in Maryland and I'm in Chicago, obviously. Thanks for your perspectives.
    Xbox Live Tag:cubsjunkie26
    Legends Never Die. R.I.P Probie.

vCash
    Well...I wouldn't want my gf (I don't have a fiancée) making out with some guy she liked in high school. I'd tell her I'm all for you getting "revenge" but making out with him is just going too far for me. She should respect that.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    If your fiance is pissed you didnt let her go on a ****ed up date with another guy, then maybe should be reconsider that "fiance" title...

either way what she wants to do is just ****ed up, what did that guy ever do to her?

I get rejected more than Shaq's freethrows, yet I don't go around revenging on girls that don't like me. Life is a *****, she needs to learn to deal with it.

vCash
    Two black eyes should let her know what decision she should make.

No, I'm kidding, domestic abuse isn't funny.

I'm in the same boat as you. I wouldn't want her going out with the guy either. It's an extreme scenario, but what if he's a real ****o, and doesn't take no for an answer, and things get ugly. I don't know, revenge rarely works out as sweet as you want it to. And it was high school, get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

vCash
    Absolutely not cool at all.

You need to have a talk with her and make sure things are still cool between you guys. If she's suggesting something like this "as a joke," she could really be thinking of cheating, and is just trying to see how far you'll go. It's the "foot-in-the-door" effect - psychology suggests that if you say yes to this, you'll be more likely to start saying yes to increasingly "big" things.

This is basically the same kind of "just kidding" as if you guys were drunk with one of her hot friends, and you said "let's have a threesome!" and then gave a "just kidding!" when they both scowled at you.

vCash
    Dude you need to explain that this is messed up, and that if she really wants to go threw with it, she will lose you. That's messed up, the date, then the making out. You need to explain to her how that would make you feel, and explain to her that it worked out for the best that he didn't like her. Also I'm thinking she might be way to young to be engaged. Actually if you are actually 20 you are way to young to be engaged anyway.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Dude you need to explain that this is messed up, and that if she really wants to go threw with it, she will lose you. That's messed up, the date, then the making out. You need to explain to her how that would make you feel, and explain to her that it worked out for the best that he didn't like her. Also I'm thinking she might be way to young to be engaged. Actually if you are actually 20 you are way to young to be engaged anyway.
    I think the whole relationship is messed up. If she's 100% committed, why would she feel the need for revenge on someone she "used to" like? If she's in this for the long haul, there should be no need for any type of revenge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    I think the whole relationship is messed up. If she's 100% committed, why would she feel the need for revenge on someone she "used to" like? If she's in this for the long haul, there should be no need for any type of revenge.
    Very true. But I thought you were going to say something about me saying that 20 was to young to be engaged. And I was going to say you are the exception the to rule. But yes that **** is whacked out bad.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Very true. But I thought you were going to say something about me saying that 20 was to young to be engaged. And I was going to say you are the exception the to rule. But yes that **** is whacked out bad.
    I didn't notice it until right after my post. it was too late to be cranky

vCash
    your ***** is caaaaaaaaaazy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsjunkie View Post
    Okay, so this is a weird situation and I would just like some other opinions. My fiancee told me today that she wanted revenge on a guy she liked in high school who didn't like her, and she bumped into him today and I guess he's attracted to her. I'm all for revenge, so I told her to tell me her idea. Well, turns out that she wants to go out on a date with this guy just to use him and stuff like that. I wasn't too happy about that, but then she said something else that just put me over the to; she would make out with him to tease him, I guess.
    Now consider me old fashioned but, I don't think she should do that and now since I didn't like her idea, she's pissed off at me and thinks I don't trust her. Did I overreact or would you react the same way? By the way, she lives in Maryland and I'm in Chicago, obviously. Thanks for your perspectives.
    This is not a person you can trust. I would seriously advice you to reconsider if this is someone you want to be engaged too.

vCash
    She seems to be an obsessive girl who will cause problems later in life...

May I ask how long you have known her before you proposed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinke Masta View Post
    either way what she wants to do is just ****ed up, what did that guy ever do to her?
    He didn't like her back. That's why I'm not comprehending that steep of revenge. I suggested she lit a bag of dog **** on his door instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    Absolutely not cool at all.

You need to have a talk with her and make sure things are still cool between you guys. If she's suggesting something like this "as a joke," she could really be thinking of cheating, and is just trying to see how far you'll go. It's the "foot-in-the-door" effect - psychology suggests that if you say yes to this, you'll be more likely to start saying yes to increasingly "big" things.

This is basically the same kind of "just kidding" as if you guys were drunk with one of her hot friends, and you said "let's have a threesome!" and then gave a "just kidding!" when they both scowled at you.
    Exactly, and that's why I'm not giving into this because it doesn't make any sense. This really came out of the blue because she has never, ever acted like this before. It is her time of the month, maybe that's why?

She's actually 22, soon to be 23. She was engaged prior to me, but she was cheated on.

Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    May I ask how long you have known her before you proposed?
    Six months. I know it's very early, but until now, she has been completely perfect. Our wedding isn't until 2010, though.
    Thanks for your opinions everybody, and I'm glad that I am not the only one to think that this suggested revenge is asinine. This has been the first time ever that I have doubted our relationship.
    Xbox Live Tag:cubsjunkie26
    Legends Never Die. R.I.P Probie.

vCash
    punch her in the baby maker

vCash
    Sounds like your fiancee is a bit screwy when it comes to formulating plans. No offense.

You don't do that to anybody and you certainly don't do that when you have a man that loves you and are probably better off without the guy she liked in H.S.

I think you reacted like any sane man would, who would want to see their woman purposely teasing another man? Hope it all works out.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast