Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Jason Kidd be in the Hall of fame if finishes his career without a ring?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

167 95.43%
  • No

8 4.57%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopsadvocate View Post
    My opinion like i said is that im not sure at this point true a ring would make his greatness better, but i just think that one of the credentials to get into the Hall should be a ring with only very few exceptions made like consecutive finals appearences, or a crazy amount of all NBA first team elections. All im saying is that Hall is getting a little crowded and J Kidd is like the perfect example of where to draw the line...
    so the consecutive finals appearances in 2002 and 2003 and the 340843498573 triple doubles aren't enough for you?

vCash
    Isiah and kidd top 3?? so no Stockton who is the leader in assist btw and no Big O (Mr. Triple double) now THAT is stupid.
    I'm pretty sure Big O was a SG. Kidd and Isiah are both better than Stockton though. Stockton played so many years which is why he holds the assist record. Because of longevity he has that record and I said if Oscar Robertson is considered a PG he's ahead of Kidd so actually your stupid.

vCash
    easily

vCash
    He will get in, but if I was deciding I'd keep him out.

He's on the fringe for me playing wise, but it's the fighting with teammates, beating his wife, and forcing trades that keeps him out in my mind.

vCash
    Easily Yes. Next thread.

vCash
    I think so pretty easily, one of the best PGs of All Time
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoneytakemoney View Post
    I'm pretty sure Big O was a SG. Kidd and Isiah are both better than Stockton though. Stockton played so many years which is why he holds the assist record. Because of longevity he has that record and I said if Oscar Robertson is considered a PG he's ahead of Kidd so actually your stupid.
    And i said in pg 2 before you posted that kidd did deserve it and to close the thread yet you still did and i read your "Oscar Robertson should be ahead of kidd if hes considered a pg statement" i said it neways because to show you how stupid people are who don't read things completely like when i said kidd did deserve it.

Stockton had the longevity because he was so good. He led the league in total assists and APG for NINE consecutive seasons Hes also the all time steals leader and that wasnt longevity cause he was selected to 5 all nba defensive teams. So don't pull that longevity crap.
    [CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by still1ballin View Post
    Man, any other team but the Heat. I don't mind having the streak broken, but them? Last time I want that to happen!

I am really hoping for LebRon to tear an ACL. I don't know how Rose and other players who are athletic jumping all over the place get injured but this orangutang stays healthy forever.
    Quote from back in March referring to HEATs win streak... Karma is looking like a real thing now huh Laker fans? [CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    I think so pretty easily, one of the best PGs of All Time
    Exactly! HoopsAdvocate eems to think otherwise for some reason. He's heavily outnumbered but still think Kidd doesn't belong.

vCash
    Is this a serious thread?
    R.I.P. Kenny McKinley. You will be missed

vCash
    No point fr this thread. He is one of the best PGs of all time.

vCash
    yeah
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    But theres a discussion about Yao > all NBA centers right?

Anyways that reference has T mac on 98% chance of getting HoF which i think is ridiculous so that shows it credibility.

I'm just up in the air about whether Kidd should be in the Hall or not. 3-4 years ago i would have said sure but he never got a ring and unlike some who haven't (Reggie, Ewing, Barkley) he had help (Nowitzki, jefferson, martin, Mutumbo) and unlike someone else who had help and didnt didnt get a ring (Malone and Stockton) they at least made consecutive finals appearences and i think many would agree that if it wasnt for Jordan they would have at least 1.
    I'm guessing you probably weren't watching basketball in 2002 and 2003 when Jason Kidd made two consecutive finals appearances. You're Jordan argument makes no sense, with all due respect. In that case you could say "if it weren't for Shaq and Kobe, Kidd would have a ring."

Jason Kidd is 3rd all-time in triple doubles and 2nd in playoff triple doubles. He will be 2nd all time in assists when he retires. He's 7th on the all time steals list and 4th in rebounds among guards. He's one of only 3 players in league history with 15,000 points and 10,000 assists. Oh yeah... he's won two olympic gold medals... just for good measure.

He's a first ballot hall of famer, without a doubt, and anyone who even thinks for a second he shouldn't be in is clearly delusional and does not follow the game enough to speak on it. This thread shouldn't even exist.

vCash
    why is this even a question? without a doubt he is a hall of famer. One of the best, pure PG's to ever play the game.

vCash
    Why is this a question? This thread should be closed! Jason Kidd will be the second all-time leading assist leader. He led the Nets to two consecutive Finals appearance. He doesnt need a ring. I hate people being judged on rings. A championship doesnt tell what kind of player you are. Players who ride the bench win a championship ring.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    JKidd first ballot HOF without a doubt.

How old is this HOF probability list anyway? No DWade? T-Mac ranked ahead of Paul Pierce? Allen Iverson ahead of Lebron James?

Somebody close this thing out............

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast