Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 91
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    62,744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by socalpkrbkr View Post
    How in the **** am I posting right now while PS says I've got internet connectivity problems! This is bull****! I just registered to a heads up sit-n-go and never even got dealt a hand. My money is just being blinded away... Another day another problem... ****! I'm done with cable internet, I'm going back to Verizon.

    What a pile!
    Doesn't sound like an internet problem. The fact you're posting on PSD right now means your internet is fine.
    Sounds like a pokerstars connectivity problem. If this happens frequently, I'd just uninstall then reinstall pokerstars. Only would take like 5 minutes.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where tilt happens
    Posts
    12,613
    vCash
    1500
    Really? I never had any issues with that before. Alright, I'll try that...

    My service is REALLY slow right now though...

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where tilt happens
    Posts
    12,613
    vCash
    1500
    Well, it didn't work for me. For whatever reason I could still post but not play. Soon after that last post everything went dead on me. There's been times in the past where I could still play on Stars but had no internet connection. I've got no idea why it was the other way around last night. That's never happened to me before. I was so pissed, $31.50 into someones pocket and they didn't have to do a thing. I'm going to send em an e-mail and see if there's anything they can do but I'm pretty sure I'm wasting my time.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Does anyone usually plays cash games on PokerStars?

    Please tell me if the same happens to you...

    I go all in preflop, a guy with position on me calls me.

    Starting hands aren't showed preflop, only after the river.

    I show mine first, if it's good, the other guys mucks and I don't get to see with which hand he called me.

    It's pretty lame...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where tilt happens
    Posts
    12,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Faneik View Post
    Does anyone usually plays cash games on PokerStars?

    Please tell me if the same happens to you...

    I go all in preflop, a guy with position on me calls me.

    Starting hands aren't showed preflop, only after the river.

    I show mine first, if it's good, the other guys mucks and I don't get to see with which hand he called me.

    It's pretty lame...
    On the top left of the page on PS (any ring game) you will see some text that says:
    Game #(numbers of game)
    Previous #(numbers of hand)
    to the right of the "Previous #" text you'll see a little red icon with an arrow in it.

    You can click on either one of the texts to get the info you're looking for or a newer feature that they added in recent months is the red icon with the arrow in it. Click on the icon for a complete visual of the previous hands. You should be able to figure it out from there.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by socalpkrbkr View Post
    On the top left of the page on PS (any ring game) you will see some text that says:
    Game #(numbers of game)
    Previous #(numbers of hand)
    to the right of the "Previous #" text you'll see a little red icon with an arrow in it.

    You can click on either one of the texts to get the info you're looking for or a newer feature that they added in recent months is the red icon with the arrow in it. Click on the icon for a complete visual of the previous hands. You should be able to figure it out from there.
    So...

    anytime someone mucks with the replay you can see what they had?...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where tilt happens
    Posts
    12,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Faneik View Post
    So...

    anytime someone mucks with the replay you can see what they had?...
    No not anytime someone mucks. Only if it goes to the river. They have the option to show or muck and most of the time players will muck but you have the right to see their hand. That's why PS has that option. If someone mucks on the flop or turn you're not going to be able to see their hand. The only time you can see their hand is if you or they call or check the river card and it goes to showdown.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where tilt happens
    Posts
    12,613
    vCash
    1500
    In live games people get pissed off when you want to see there hand. I love it, don't try bluffing me because I'll make you show your crap. I'll do that when I feel like a player is trying to make moves on me or run me over. It's usually frowned upon but the way I look at it is it's perfectly fine and I'm totally justified to want to see what the other player is trying to do to me or what cards they're playing. It's all about getting as much info as I can. If it throws them off their game because they get butt hurt over it, well that's to my advantage too.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    62,744
    vCash
    1500
    In tournament play, if a player is all in, both players are required to show there hands before the flop/turn/river (whatever cards are left to be dealt).

    In cash play, players are NOT required to show their hands.
    Also it depends on whether or not you made the bet or if you called the bet.
    If you made the bet and someone else called you, the "caller" has the right to see your hand regardless of the outcome. However, you do not have the right to see the "callers" hand if he mucks.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    In tournament play, if a player is all in, both players are required to show there hands before the flop/turn/river (whatever cards are left to be dealt).

    In cash play, players are NOT required to show their hands.
    Also it depends on whether or not you made the bet or if you called the bet.
    If you made the bet and someone else called you, the "caller" has the right to see your hand regardless of the outcome. However, you do not have the right to see the "callers" hand if he mucks.
    In another site I play, whether I'm playing tournament or a ring game, doesn't matter if you're betting or calling, if 2 players go all in they show their hands at the moment of the bet...

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    62,744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Faneik View Post
    In another site I play, whether I'm playing tournament or a ring game, doesn't matter if you're betting or calling, if 2 players go all in they show their hands at the moment of the bet...
    The casino I work at has some pretty strict rules.
    If a player shows another player his hand (even if the guy he shows isn't in the hand), everyone at the table has the right to see the cards. Now that is pretty standard everywhere, but here is where it gets tricky.

    So lets say you and me are heads up. You go all in and show your cards to your neighbor. Before I call/fold, I can ask to see your cards and the dealer would have to enforce it since you showed someone else your hand.
    This actually happened a few days ago and I didn't realize it was a rule, so I had to ask the floor for a ruling.

    We also enforce the betting line, which hardly any casinos around here do. So if you are the initial better and you don't announce what your bet is, once your hand crosses the betting line, every chip in your hand has to stay. Basically you cant "cut chips" without verbally announcing what you're doing.
    Trying to think of some other funky rules we have.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where tilt happens
    Posts
    12,613
    vCash
    1500
    I'm using this as my socal vent thread when horrible **** happens to me!

    So I'm free rolling on PS, playing their quadruple shoot out to the Main Event satellite. I've won the first two tables three times now and have been bad beated out of each of the final tables. For those that don't know what a shoot out is, it's a single table and only the winner of that table advances. Then you start all over again on another table and the winner advances again. So you need to win three of them to get into the Main Event satellite. This last one, I'm heads up on the third shootout. I've got just under a two to one chip lead. I get aces in the small blind. This guy I'm playing has been playing so tight right, so, I didn't want to lose him before the flop so I hit him for a min raise. He calls. Flop comes J83, looks great for my hand. Possible straight draw but no flush draw. Blinds were 200/400 There's about 1600 in the pot. So I bet the pot and he insta calls. Turn comes A! Yeah ACE! **** YEAH, RIGHT? There's now close to 5k in the pot and I decide to move in. He's only got about 25- 2600 hundred left. He insta calls me again. He's got 10 7. FOUR DAMN OUTS! FOUR! Guess the river croce_99... yeah a ****ing 9, a 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999! I'm so hurt...
    Very next hand I've got A 10 and I'm obviously tilted after that beat. He limps in from SB and I pump it up to 1200. He moves in right away. I'm like woah! So I type in, "I've got A 10, you want action?" He says yes, so I call him. He's got 44. So I'm like alright, cool, this could be worse, I could be crushed but instead I've got overs. So the flop comes A 9 6 all clubs. I've got the ten of clubs too. I'm like, yeah baby, here comes the comeback! He turns a 4 for his set, killing my A and I couldn't catch a club on the river... DONE

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    62,744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by socalpkrbkr View Post
    I'm using this as my socal vent thread when horrible **** happens to me!

    So I'm free rolling on PS, playing their quadruple shoot out to the Main Event satellite. I've won the first two tables three times now and have been bad beated out of each of the final tables. For those that don't know what a shoot out is, it's a single table and only the winner of that table advances. Then you start all over again on another table and the winner advances again. So you need to win three of them to get into the Main Event satellite. This last one, I'm heads up on the third shootout. I've got just under a two to one chip lead. I get aces in the small blind. This guy I'm playing has been playing so tight right, so, I didn't want to lose him before the flop so I hit him for a min raise. He calls. Flop comes J83, looks great for my hand. Possible straight draw but no flush draw. Blinds were 200/400 There's about 1600 in the pot. So I bet the pot and he insta calls. Turn comes A! Yeah ACE! **** YEAH, RIGHT? There's now close to 5k in the pot and I decide to move in. He's only got about 25- 2600 hundred left. He insta calls me again. He's got 10 7. FOUR DAMN OUTS! FOUR! Guess the river croce_99... yeah a ****ing 9, a 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999! I'm so hurt...
    Very next hand I've got A 10 and I'm obviously tilted after that beat. He limps in from SB and I pump it up to 1200. He moves in right away. I'm like woah! So I type in, "I've got A 10, you want action?" He says yes, so I call him. He's got 44. So I'm like alright, cool, this could be worse, I could be crushed but instead I've got overs. So the flop comes A 9 6 all clubs. I've got the ten of clubs too. I'm like, yeah baby, here comes the comeback! He turns a 4 for his set, killing my A and I couldn't catch a club on the river... DONE
    Sure makes you wonder how legit online poker is.
    I deal and see hundreds of hands every night. Of course you see random bad beats, but not as often as you see on online poker when you play for 3 hours. I realize online poker = more hands. But that doesn't mean you should see a 200% increase in the bad beats!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Where tilt happens
    Posts
    12,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    Sure makes you wonder how legit online poker is.
    I deal and see hundreds of hands every night. Of course you see random bad beats, but not as often as you see on online poker when you play for 3 hours. I realize online poker = more hands. But that doesn't mean you should see a 200% increase in the bad beats!
    I've really wondered that since the beginning of my online play but I've actually made money so it can't be all bad. I agree about the beats though. It's out of control honestly. Here's one from last night. I was playing a cash table and this guy had been playing tight, at least up until this hand. So I've got AA in the BB. I'm playing a $1/$2 6 handed cash table. He raises it up to 6 bucks and I re-pop it to 18, he calls. I think the flop was 874, two spades. So obviously there's a lot of **** to watch out for but I feel good anyways because of the way he's been playing, that he's playing with big cards or pairs only. Anyways, I check it and he bets 22 bucks and I just go ahead and set him all in. He only had about 60 to start the hand. He calls and it comes spade spade. Of course I don't have the A of spades because he does. He's got AK and jacks my money.

    I shut it off for the night after that hand. Don't get me wrong either, I give out beats but the beats I give out vs the beats I take.... it's not even fair.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,613
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by socalpkrbkr View Post
    I've really wondered that since the beginning of my online play but I've actually made money so it can't be all bad. I agree about the beats though. It's out of control honestly. Here's one from last night. I was playing a cash table and this guy had been playing tight, at least up until this hand. So I've got AA in the BB. I'm playing a $1/$2 6 handed cash table. He raises it up to 6 bucks and I re-pop it to 18, he calls. I think the flop was 874, two spades. So obviously there's a lot of **** to watch out for but I feel good anyways because of the way he's been playing, that he's playing with big cards or pairs only. Anyways, I check it and he bets 22 bucks and I just go ahead and set him all in. He only had about 60 to start the hand. He calls and it comes spade spade. Of course I don't have the A of spades because he does. He's got AK and jacks my money.

    I shut it off for the night after that hand. Don't get me wrong either, I give out beats but the beats I give out vs the beats I take.... it's not even fair.


    I look at it this way. If you take more bad beats than you give out, you must be a pretty good player because your usually getting your money in with the best of it. Bad players will give more bad beats than they take, because they are constantly getting there money in with the worst hand.

    So, if your taking a ton of bad beats, dont get to mad because in the long run it all evens out.



Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •