Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are you interested in playing a Private PSD Tournament in PokerStars?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • No

1 10.00%
Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Poker In Orlando

Anybody play 1-2 no limit poker I know some good spots in Orlando.
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

It really depends on the table, game and limit that I'm playing. I don't really think trying to emulate anyone else's game is the way to go though but if I had to pick one or even a few that my style of play is similar to it would be Brunson, Hellmuth and at times Negreanu.

Yeah, I know one style is constantly ideal, I was just throwing the question out there.

I like how these guys play:

- Lederer
    - Juanda
    - Reese (R.I.P.)

"Action" Dan Harrington

Watching poker on tv?

Watching poker on tv is about as boring as it gets. You have these out of shape (and more times over the hill ) dudes trying to make small talk while playing poker. So how's the wife? Is the family ok? Hey, I just came back from vacation? BORING.
    The Knicks are back?

You sir, have never watched Poker after dark.

Just cashed out my PS account. Something just doesnt seem right, seems like dirty beats happen way too often to just be coincidence. Im not just talking about my hands, it seems like runner comes way the **** too often. **** PS!

Bad Beat Thread

Just decided to make a fustration thread that everyone can discuss their bad beat stories.
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

Just last Saturday I lost with a set of nines all in to a guy on a straight draw for a 160 dollar pot. I rebuy in i flop two pair, queens and tens. I go all in and show the other guy my hand before he makes his call, he still calls on a straight draw and hits. So then I decide to go to the 2 5 table to get what I just lost back. First hand I sit down to is ace six and I'm the big blind. The guy first to act raises to 20, four other ppl call so being last to act I call. The flop comes ace six three with two diamonds. I bet 50 everyone folds besides the button. He goes all in for a total of 150, I call. He shows Jack queen of diamonds and hits on the river..... So I rebuy for one last time. I end up with King seven of club I bet 15 on the flop with the flop being six eight nine with two clubs on the board a guy raises me to 35, I call. The turn comes a ten of hearts, I check my straight he bets 45, I smooth call. The river comes a club I go all in he calls with ace six of clubs........
    Ignore List:

Sorry to laugh man but I can't help it. You just had a bad run is all. If there's one thing I know for sure that I would've done differently, it'd be your last hand. I'm not just calling him on the turn, I'm check raising all in right there.

I've got my bad beats from the WSOP this year but I'd rather not relive them right now. I haven't played very much live Poker at all since the middle of June. I've been going multi table crazy lately on PokerStars. Usually 4-6, six handed cash tables at a time. It definitely helps with the bad beats too. There's not much time to be pissed off because you've got a bunch of other tables going at the same time.

I did have a bad one last weekend in a big online tourney. It was a re-buy tourney with about three thousand entrees. I got knocked out 113th I believe it was. The beat wasn't horrible, more standard than bad but I had my top set of Qs lose to a guy who flopped a straight with AK. The action went, I raised pre flop, he re-raised pre flop. So, since I hate putting a bunch of money in the pot pre flop with Queens I just decided to call him and see the flop. Flop come Q J 10 of course and so I check my set to him and he shoves. No way for me to fold there, so I called and saw the bad news. He had a huge stack, so I thought that by me checking and him shoving he was just trying to steal it with a lower pocket pair or maybe even a straight draw.

Or even ESPNs WSOP coverage, or High Stakes Poker, or even the WPT. I love the game, so when I'm watching a show, I'm not watching it for their conversation. I'm watching it to see how some of the best players in the world play. I'm trying to grab bits and pieces of their games and incorporate some of their plays into my own game.

Quote Originally Posted by socalpkrbkr View Post

Sorry to laugh man but I can't help it. You just had a bad run is all. If there's one thing I know for sure that I would've done differently, it'd be your last hand. I'm not just calling him on the turn, I'm check raising all in right there.

I've got my bad beats from the WSOP this year but I'd rather not relive them right now. I haven't played very much live Poker at all since the middle of June. I've been going multi table crazy lately on PokerStars. Usually 4-6, six handed cash tables at a time. It definitely helps with the bad beats too. There's not much time to be pissed off because you've got a bunch of other tables going at the same time.

I did have a bad one last weekend in a big online tourney. It was a re-buy tourney with about three thousand entrees. I got knocked out 113th I believe it was. The beat wasn't horrible, more standard than bad but I had my top set of Qs lose to a guy who flopped a straight with AK. The action went, I raised pre flop, he re-raised pre flop. So, since I hate putting a bunch of money in the pot pre flop with Queens I just decided to call him and see the flop. Flop come Q J 10 of course and so I check my set to him and he shoves. No way for me to fold there, so I called and saw the bad news. He had a huge stack, so I thought that by me checking and him shoving he was just trying to steal it with a lower pocket pair or maybe even a straight draw.
    Damn thats rough.... Thing is no matter what you did the same outcome was going to happen. Because you guys good of easily got it all in preflop and of course on the flop you got to get it in. But yeah that sucks especially when your that close to the end. Did you still get paid?
    Ignore List:

Quote Originally Posted by JiffyMix88 View Post
    Damn thats rough.... Thing is no matter what you did the same outcome was going to happen. Because you guys good of easily got it all in preflop and of course on the flop you got to get it in. But yeah that sucks especially when your that close to the end. Did you still get paid?
    Yes, I still cashed but it was a little painful going out like that after 4+ hours

I'd almost rather be card dead and lose than take a bad beat.

I play limit, so I see tons of bad beats just because terrible players play it and stay in till the river all the time. I'm gonna put in one bad beat that I laid on people and one that I had hit on me.

1. It was my second time ever playing poker live, and I was a idiot. I got Pocket K's in 5-10 limit. I raised preflop but it was a crazy loose table so there's 8 other people in. So the pot is already 80 bucks. Flop is A-J-10 rainbowed. Betting is CAPPED for 20 (I cold call the 20 in late position like a moron.) a person so the pot is 240 already and I"m still in. Two guys had hit sets J's and 10's. I end up hitting a river Q for the straight and take down a 350+ pot. A dumb play that paid off big.
    Last edited by sox_fan_35_2000; 07-30-2010 at 12:16 PM. Reason: grammar

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast