Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 628
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    I didn't know you weren't to touch the queen like that.

    But some people over their take that stuff serious, someone needs to prep the Obama's on things like that. Simple gestures that we take for one meaning (niceness, or closeness such as this case) others in different cultures take way different.

    From the sounds of it, it didn't offend anyone so that's good.

    Isn't there something with a right or left handed in Arab cultures, that is a sign of disrespect?


    Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,280
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know anything about Arab cultures, really, but I'm pretty sure that in India you should pretty much never touch anybody with your left hand.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Yea that might be what i'm talking about.


    Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not aware of anything like that in Arabic culture.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    OK so I know this doesn't technically belong in here, but it is quite humorous: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=347837
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,280
    vCash
    1500
    One trillion dollars!

    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Posts
    24,232
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    I didn't know you weren't to touch the queen like that.

    But some people over their take that stuff serious, someone needs to prep the Obama's on things like that. Simple gestures that we take for one meaning (niceness, or closeness such as this case) others in different cultures take way different.

    From the sounds of it, it didn't offend anyone so that's good.

    Isn't there something with a right or left handed in Arab cultures, that is a sign of disrespect?
    It's the left hand. My Dad was doing a tour in Saudi Arabia and his squad was leaving Riyadh in a bus and some people went to the bus and was waving at them and my dad waved back with his left hand and some people started to punch and kick the bus as it was pulling away. It's kind of the same as giving someone the finger.

    #PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO / SIUe
    Posts
    35,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    It's the left hand. My Dad was doing a tour in Saudi Arabia and his squad was leaving Riyadh in a bus and some people went to the bus and was waving at them and my dad waved back with his left hand and some people started to punch and kick the bus as it was pulling away. It's kind of the same as giving someone the finger.
    But that's not touching. I know you're not supposed to eat with your left hand -- because that's the same thing as in my culture. And the open palm of your left hand is a curse (like a middle finger here).

    But I've never heard anything about actual touching. You'll see Arab leaders give each other a full 2-arm embrace all the time.
    Member of the Owlluminati

    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

  9. #54
    Zep's Avatar
    Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    OK so I know this doesn't technically belong in here, but it is quite humorous: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=347837
    He's quite mad you know.


    Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

    A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    9,701
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    But that's not touching. I know you're not supposed to eat with your left hand -- because that's the same thing as in my culture. And the open palm of your left hand is a curse (like a middle finger here).

    But I've never heard anything about actual touching. You'll see Arab leaders give each other a full 2-arm embrace all the time.
    And, I believe it's because the left hand is seen as filthy because it's the *** wipe hand. So, when you gesture with the left hand, you're saying as much as "I want to wipe **** on your face."
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,280
    vCash
    1500
    courtesy of dbroncos (via profile message):

    http://pbh2.blogspot.com/2007/07/fox...ing-crazy.html

    You will need to fill in the blank since PSD filters out one of the words.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,522
    vCash
    1500
    I grew up watching that man and I will do my best to defend him and attack fools who attack him. Society has a lot of problems but he isn't one of them.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    courtesy of dbroncos (via profile message):
    Link didn't work.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Shakedown Street, Japan
    Posts
    30,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Link didn't work.
    did you read the sentence under the link? f-bomb was filtered, need to put it back in manually
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

    Atheists Of PSD

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,522
    vCash
    1500
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •