Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Where do you feel our country is headed?

I know its a very general question. Do you think we are heading in a positive direction or negative? I am very curious as to what others think since we have such a large age group.

vCash
    I think we're slowly headed in the right direction. People had large percentages of their savings and investments evaporate and people are surprised that someone can't just wave their magic wand and fix it. That makes no sense to me.

This isn't to give Obama credit or take it from the Republicans. It's credit for the country as a whole as the world is still a few steps behind us in terms of recovery.

vCash
    We are making slight improvements despite the government's help. More and more people are looking to the government to "fix" their lives when what we really need is the government to get the hell out.

I'm not against help for those that are really in need but we are pushing those numbers way too high by moving the goal posts for who exactly is in need. At the same time we have regulation making it more difficult on those that are willing to help themselves.

If we as the people of this nation are not willing to make a stand and turn these trend around I am fearful that we will lose our greatness in world standing....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    Where is our country headed? Away from representative government. Away from having a healthy middle class. Away from respect and dignity for those who work for a living. Away from a number of the values that made this a great nation, like fair and equal application of the law to all our citizens. Towards the empowerment of a new hereditary aristocracy. Towards the establishment of a serf class who works more than full time for poverty wages.

Corralski, did you drink clean water today, free of disease and pollution? If so, how do you know? Did you drive on a road? Use a phone? Breathe clean air? Make more than minimum wage? Get overtime for any hours worked past 40 this week? Benefit from any of the million other things our government helps ensure are possible? How about security? Been in a war at home recently? Americans are spoiled as ****. Given the possible governments we see around the world? You think things are too restrictive and gentle here? We go too easy on the 20% of American children who live in poverty and suffer food insecurity? Fine. Move to Libertarian paradise, then, where the government won't get in the way of anything you want to do: Somalia, land of the free. Really, really free. Just don't expect any of the things you take for granted from government like clean drinking water, driveable roads, a police force of any kind, or any degree of national security, to provide a few of many, many examples.
    …authoritarian followers drive through life under the influence of impaired thinking a lot more than most people do, exhibiting sloppy reasoning, highly compartmentalized beliefs, double standards, hypocrisy, self-blindness, a profound ethnocentrism, and—to top it all off—a ferocious dogmatism that makes it unlikely anyone could ever change their minds with evidence or logic. These seven deadly shortfalls of authoritarian thinking eminently qualify them to follow a would-be dictator.

vCash
    I'm not an anarchist, we need some government.

Stop trying to imply anything else with your hyperbole. Maybe, just maybe the government's authority becomes so encompassing that it does the things it does to preserve it's own existence and not to serve the people that it was created for. We have gotten to that point and the solution is to scale back a little IMO....
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

vCash
    I have been able to vote 4 times in my life and the only time I feel I have gotten it right is when I didnt vote last year.Lobbying and two party politics are ruining this country and I really cannot see anyone turning it around. They distract people with social issues to hide bigger issues like our debt which no one seems to talk about.

They take our money and do what they want with it. Half the time wasting it( look up power plant in afganistan) and main stream media never brings it up. I feel they have gotten the American people hooked on free money and who ever keeps giving that out is who will get elected. Our troops fight these sense less wars and are not taken care of properly after they are damaged. Yet we will throw aid at every country

I never used to think like this but I think a small percentage of people are starting to wake up but at the end of the day most are sheep (like the matirx) so dependent on the system they could not make it without them. Sometimes I wonder if that was a part of the plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post
    Where is our country headed? Away from representative government. Away from having a healthy middle class. Away from respect and dignity for those who work for a living. Away from a number of the values that made this a great nation, like fair and equal application of the law to all our citizens. Towards the empowerment of a new hereditary aristocracy. Towards the establishment of a serf class who works more than full time for poverty wages.

Corralski, did you drink clean water today, free of disease and pollution? If so, how do you know? Did you drive on a road? Use a phone? Breathe clean air? Make more than minimum wage? Get overtime for any hours worked past 40 this week? Benefit from any of the million other things our government helps ensure are possible? How about security? Been in a war at home recently? Americans are spoiled as ****. Given the possible governments we see around the world? You think things are too restrictive and gentle here? We go too easy on the 20% of American children who live in poverty and suffer food insecurity? Fine. Move to Libertarian paradise, then, where the government won't get in the way of anything you want to do: Somalia, land of the free. Really, really free. Just don't expect any of the things you take for granted from government like clean drinking water, driveable roads, a police force of any kind, or any degree of national security, to provide a few of many, many examples.
    You ever see the documentary Inequality for all? Big eye opener

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    We are making slight improvements despite the government's help. More and more people are looking to the government to "fix" their lives when what we really need is the government to get the hell out.

I'm not against help for those that are really in need but we are pushing those numbers way too high by moving the goal posts for who exactly is in need. At the same time we have regulation making it more difficult on those that are willing to help themselves.

If we as the people of this nation are not willing to make a stand and turn these trend around I am fearful that we will lose our greatness in world standing....

There are way too many people getting aid. That black man that was killed by police in NY a few weeks back is perfect example. Where is he getting the money to feed his 6 kids? I am going to guess our taxes. I am not trying to make this a racial thing either because white people bleed disability dry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think we're slowly headed in the right direction. People had large percentages of their savings and investments evaporate and people are surprised that someone can't just wave their magic wand and fix it. That makes no sense to me.

This isn't to give Obama credit or take it from the Republicans. It's credit for the country as a whole as the world is still a few steps behind us in terms of recovery.

Its been a bull market for quite awhile now. I have made back a lot of my money and double and so have a lot of people. I am not sure if the comment of not fixing it is to que Obamas thinking when he first became President. I know I bought that line hook and sinker but him and George W will go down as being some of the worst presidents.

vCash
    The sad truth is people who need money the most get the least help. I'm not saying that as a howling liberal although I admit that I am a fiscal liberal and social conservative. With that said it's the honest truth. There is little discretionary spending in this country. Most of it goes to mandatory programs that by law must be funded.

Ask yourself this question guys? We have by far the biggest, best, diverse and kickass economy in the world. Yet we still generate lots of deficit. Where does it all go if it's not going to discretionary spending.

It goes to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Defense as well is a notable expenditure. We run a huge deficit due to Social Security, Medicare and the interest on those programs.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/truste...rticle/2530908

vCash
    Whether discretionary or mandatory spending we waste a ton of money and thats because every angle of the system is worked from the top to the bottom.

People are lazy and are above simple jobs. I worked it Burger King when I was 15. It sucked but it made me try and find another job. Which I eventually did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutjacked View Post
    Whether discretionary or mandatory spending we waste a ton of money and thats because every angle of the system is worked from the top to the bottom.

People are lazy and are above simple jobs. I worked it Burger King when I was 15. It sucked but it made me try and find another job. Which I eventually did.
    Why isn't the source of spending important?

vCash
    Where ever it's going, it won't be boring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beyourself View Post
    Why isn't the source of spending important?
    Where did I say it wasn't?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutjacked View Post
    Where did I say it wasn't?
    Your last post in the first paragraph. It seemed implied. If that wasn't the intention then that paragraph did not have any importance to the thread.

You seem to be driving home a point of people being above lazy jobs, people taking handouts, etc. Well that really isn't occurring all that much in today's society. The statistics show we aren't giving money to the poor. We are giving it to mandatory programs. Period.

Go walk through Baltimore and tell me if we are handing out money left and right to the poor.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast