Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Another Stupid Science Based Liberal Idea

Mandatory measles vaccinations!

This is a public safety issue. People die from measles. Your non science based reason for not vaccinating your child does not trump what never should have become a political issue.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Wasn't the anti immunization crowd spurred by the medical reports that linked the measles vaccine to an increase in autism? Haven't those studies been refuted?

I'm thinking that most of the opt outs based their choice on that and only a very small number are opting out for other reasons.

For the record, I side with the vaccine, it nearly wiped out measles completely...
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    I don't think any vaccination should be MANDATORY. I think everybody has the right to make that decision for themself or their children. The route I would take is to make sure all patients are properly informed of how vaccinations can help them on a personal level and the people around them on a community level, and let them proceed as they see fit.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    Wasn't the anti immunization crowd spurred by the medical reports that linked the measles vaccine to an increase in autism? Haven't those studies been refuted?

I'm thinking that most of the opt outs based their choice on that and only a very small number are opting out for other reasons.

For the record, I side with the vaccine, it nearly wiped out measles completely...
    You got origin right, and of course, you got the policy right.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I don't think any vaccination should be MANDATORY. I think everybody has the right to make that decision for themself or their children. The route I would take is to make sure all patients are properly informed of how vaccinations can help them on a personal level and the people around them on a community level, and let them proceed as they see fit.
    I agree. The vaccination shouldn't be mandatory...however before you agree with me know that I preface this with some conditions.

No enrollment to any schools that receive federal money for you or any of your children.
    No admittance to any hospitals that receive federal money for you or any of your children.
    There are others, but those are the big ones.

If someone sits in their own home without having any affect on anyone around them, then they have the right to refuse vaccinations and immunizations. However, for the 100% of us that are going to be doing those things, you have an expectation to do these things as a contributing member of society.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I agree. The vaccination shouldn't be mandatory...however before you agree with me know that I preface this with some conditions.

No enrollment to any schools that receive federal money for you or any of your children.
    No admittance to any hospitals that receive federal money for you or any of your children.
    There are others, but those are the big ones.

If someone sits in their own home without having any affect on anyone around them, then they have the right to refuse vaccinations and immunizations. However, for the 100% of us that are going to be doing those things, you have an expectation to do these things as a contributing member of society.
    Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Ur basically making it mandatory with conditions like that. Do this or be shunned from society.

Pay taxes yet get no benefit from it unless you do this.

I think every single person has a right to refuse to put something in their body without having to be outcast from society

And let me post-face this with saying not getting vaccines is a little different from walking around town with active TB
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-03-2015 at 01:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice:29586857

Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Ur basically making it mandatory with conditions like that. Do this or be shunned from society.

I think every single person has a right to refuse to put something in their body without having to be outcast from society

And let me post-face this with saying not getting vaccines is a little different from walking around town with active TB
    Maybe a way to look at it is like this.. By getting vaccinated not only do you protect you and yours. But you protect your friends and family as well. As well as ur kids friends and their families. Kinda like a group defense.

In the comfort of our society we have choices. But if it can't save a life and that life includes yours. It's just being obtuse to not get one.

Go back a couple thousand years.. if you were the member of the tribe that wouldn't fight or stand guard over the tribe you would find your self cast out or out right killed.

Nice to have choices eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    Maybe a way to look at it is like this.. By getting vaccinated not only do you protect you and yours. But you protect your friends and family as well. As well as ur kids friends and their families. Kinda like a group defense.

In the comfort of our society we have choices. But if it can't save a life and that life includes yours. It's just being obtuse to not get one.

Go back a couple thousand years.. if you were the member of the tribe that wouldn't fight or stand guard over the tribe you would find your self cast out or out right killed.

Nice to have choices eh?
    yeah, I get the idea of lowering overall incidence by vaccinating maximum people, but I still think people should have the right to make that choice without having to face being shunned from such big parts of society. I think keeping someone out of public school and health care would have VERY drastic effects on their lives
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    how the **** are you in med school with these positions, nasty?!?!

i'm normally not one for gov't mandates... but when it comes to preventable immunization, YES, everyone should be on board, and those who are too stupid or stubborn to hop along should be forced into not jeopardizing the rest of the population. are we living in the 21st century or some medieval times?!?!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    yeah, I get the idea of lowering overall incidence by vaccinating maximum people, but I still think people should have the right to make that choice without having to face being shunned from such big parts of society. I think keeping someone out of public school and health care would have VERY drastic effects on their lives
    and what about the people who have contracted measles as a result of stupid anti-vaxers? what about the drastic effects on their lives?
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    and what about the people who have contracted measles as a result of stupid anti-vaxers? what about the drastic effects on their lives?
    Hi Joe.

You see, the problem is that people want the choice, without taking the consequences of their choice.

If someone wants to make an anti social choice, than accept the anti social consequences of that choice. That is pretty much a summary of what broncs stated. I fully embrace this concept.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Hi Joe.

You see, the problem is that people want the choice, without taking the consequences of their choice.

If someone wants to make an anti social choice, than accept the anti social consequences of that choice. That is pretty much a summary of what broncs stated. I fully embrace this concept.
    good to see you around here again, cab!

as is often the case, i agree 100% with you (and, by extension, dbroncs)
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice:29586000
    ...says the pro-lifer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Hi Joe.

If someone wants to make an anti social choice, than accept the anti social consequences of that choice.
    That is pretty much a summary of what broncs stated. I fully embrace this concept.

No its not. If you take heroin and accept the possibility of heroine addiction/overdose you are accepting the consequences of your choice to take heroin. Their is no direct correlation b/t the choice not to vaccinate and the right to attend school. The consequences are not resulting from the choice but from decisions made by people in power. That said if i were in power, i'd make everyone get certain vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash

Yep. If you want to be an outcast from society and deny the proven benefits to society, then stay home. I won't apologize for it for a second. You have every right to do whatever you want to your own body, but you have absolutely no right to endanger everyone around you because you think you're special. The states and federal government have every right to place realistic restrictions and regulations that serve to protect the health and well-being of all citizens. The common defense applies to attacks that we cannot see or protect ourselves from.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast