Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,518
    vCash
    5471

    Put on your tin foil hat

    What do you think about the US Gov't involvement in the drug trade? Here is the article that got me thinking on this (its about coke and funding the Contras. If people are interested in this topic cool, if you want to talk about the gov't and the drug trade more broadly, cool)

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ampaign=buffer

    anyway if i have time, this is likely what i will be reading about today and thought hearing your perspectives and learning from your knowledge would be cool.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    a cardbroad box under the overpass
    Posts
    3,643
    vCash
    1500
    NO. Our government involved with drugs? Seriously, this one of many reason I am for legalize drugs to keep the money out of the thugs hands on the streets and in government. There is a long list of us being involved in drug trade for money or gaining allies (the drug lords in afthanistan). The corruption is more wide spread then the media is showing or highlighting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,739
    vCash
    1500
    This isn't the biggest reason, but it is up there on the reasons why I believe that we should legalize many drugs. I don't think that I'm ok with them all being legalized, as many do have damaging consequences that can extend beyond the user themselves. Marijuana is an easy one though...legalize it.

    I don't know enough about the impacts of cocaine usage to say whether I support decriminalization or legalization for it. But I am typically of the view that you have to prove it is dangerous before you can criminalize, not the other way around (i.e. someone having to prove it's safe).
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    14,415
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This isn't the biggest reason, but it is up there on the reasons why I believe that we should legalize many drugs. I don't think that I'm ok with them all being legalized, as many do have damaging consequences that can extend beyond the user themselves. Marijuana is an easy one though...legalize it.

    I don't know enough about the impacts of cocaine usage to say whether I support decriminalization or legalization for it. But I am typically of the view that you have to prove it is dangerous before you can criminalize, not the other way around (i.e. someone having to prove it's safe).
    Yeah, I'm a little torn on these issues too. Marijuana I am totally pro-legalization. But I worry about condoning and legalizing drugs that can seriously impact your ability to reason and function, to where you can be a danger to others when you otherwise would not have been. Like you, I would need to know a lot more about it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,518
    vCash
    5471
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This isn't the biggest reason, but it is up there on the reasons why I believe that we should legalize many drugs. I don't think that I'm ok with them all being legalized, as many do have damaging consequences that can extend beyond the user themselves. Marijuana is an easy one though...legalize it.

    I don't know enough about the impacts of cocaine usage to say whether I support decriminalization or legalization for it. But I am typically of the view that you have to prove it is dangerous before you can criminalize, not the other way around (i.e. someone having to prove it's safe).
    it can impact you the same way wanting a pack of smokes makes a drunk much more likely to get in his car and drive to the store. It is easy for addicts to over value their drugs. In general i think very rarely do drugs "make people crazy". If you have violent tendencies I can see speedy drugs like coke bringing it to the surface faster but i still don't consider that a direct correlation- something to be considered yes, but not a direct correlation
    Last edited by ewing; Yesterday at 10:07 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,518
    vCash
    5471
    Seems like people are happy that the Gov't has a little experience in drug running . They are getting ready to go legit like the Corleones'.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,524
    vCash
    2708
    The War on Drugs was pushed into America's legislation by Republicans controlled by Corporate power such as Nixon and Reagan.

    Government was used as a weapon, Corporate Power pulled the trigger.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,518
    vCash
    5471
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    The War on Drugs was pushed into America's legislation by Republicans controlled by Corporate power such as Nixon and Reagan.

    Government was used as a weapon, Corporate Power pulled the trigger.
    take off your hat
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,524
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    take off your hat
    I'd love to hear you explain how that it is not true.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bothell
    Posts
    14,415
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    I'd love to hear you explain how that it is not true.
    That isn't how it works. You have to prove it, he doesn't have to disprove it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,518
    vCash
    5471
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,524
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    That isn't how it works. You have to prove it, he doesn't have to disprove it.
    Nixon declared the war on drugs in 1971 as Reagan expanded it in 1984.
    Just take a look at incarnation statics, they spike after 1971 and we see another rapid spike after 1984
    How is this even disputable

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •