Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Grade Obama's presidency from '09 to date.

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

0 0%
  • A

0 0%
  • A-

0 0%
  • B+

4 18.18%
  • B

3 13.64%
  • B-

1 4.55%
  • C

4 18.18%
  • D

5 22.73%
  • F

5 22.73%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Exclamation The Obama Era: Grade his presidency thus far.

Having been in office since 2009, where do we stand on our 44th President right now? His impact? His policies? His priorities? Grade his presidency thus far.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    B+.

got bin laden
    16 million new people with healthcare
    Turned around the economy

Those are 3 strong victories.

vCash
    I gave him a C. I guess it really depends on your perspective on things. I graded him on a combination of his executive orders and Vetoes; as well as things I would hope he would do but didn't.

Obama has barely Vetoed anything. Part of that has to do with a terrible Congress. Most recent is the Keystone pipeline, which I was "mehish" with. If it was for leverage then power to Obama there. Love Canada, but if they want to run a pipeline through our country then we should get something of substance for allowing it.

I scrolled down his list of Executive Orders, and its basically what you'd expect. Pay adjustments, Improving safety measures, Wildlife Regulations, a few foreign policy orders. Not a fan of the recent Immigration order though.

I think the main reason I gave him a C was because back when he was running in 08', he came off as a person that would bring massive change and big overhaul to government. The country is better now then it was when he entered office, but he didn't make much headway on things that are important to me. Those include Less foreign presence (Especially drones), more personal freedom, Wealth gap, holding white collar guys more accountable. I don't blame him entirely, we have a complete mess in congress.

To me, Obama ran as the next FDR or Kennedy, but honestly I don't think he quite measures up to those guys. I don't think hes been terrible, but he hasn't set the world on fire like Teddy Roosevelt either. My grade could change in time though. Hes working on a few things that are important and could be long impact type stuff. The Iran nuclear talks, and his Healthcare could be monumental depending on where things go.

vCash
    He failed to deliver on a lot of promises. But the obstructionist GOP Congress (most notably, the GOP Senate who filibustered any attempt at real change) threw a damper on his grand ambitions.

Still, a solid B (maybe even a B+).
    An itchy trigger finger with the Report Button on speed dial.

What others are saying about JV35:
    In His Short Time At PSD--Already Established As A Living Legend...
    A Throwback To The Days Of Honor--A True Stand Up Guy...
    The Personification Of GOAT--An American Treasure...

vCash
    With any president there will be policies you like and some you don't. I'll start with the negatives. Didn't like the fact he extended Bush's Patriot Act. I also don't like the fact he tried to pass the national defense authorization act. I also don't like the fact that he bailed out all the banks, however it did save many people from losing their home. I just think you need to let something and then build it again instead of sticking a bandaid on it.

I did like the fact he got us out of Iraq. I like the fact he got Bin Laden. I like the fact he Reformed healthcare. Regardless of what Fox News says I think it's going to have a good affect in the longrun (only time will tell).

I think he did more for gay rights then any president in our history (kind of a big deal). He got Syria to admit they had chemical weapons without having to go to war with them to do it. I like the fact he is bringing awareness to climate change. He's very pro science unlike the conservatives. However I think he's been really weak with the war on drugs and the NSA.

I give him a B+ just. Because he's had to fight Republicans on literally everything making it harder for him to do his job. Plus I like the fact that he's extremely smart. We didn't get that with our last President

vCash
    A relatively liberal president economically that has refused to leave behind the neocon foreign policy that he ran against as a candidate. A near-disaster. I give him a D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    A relatively liberal president economically that has refused to leave behind the neocon foreign policy that he ran against as a candidate. A near-disaster. I give him a D.
    A lot of truth to this. Unfortunately Obama in my mind has messed up in foreign affairs. An A for me would consist of him completely pulling out and leaving it to the locals to deal with. Bush got an F- here, Barack isn't much better in my mind. Although I do like his more modest approach. I like that he doesn't give in to Israel like our bone headed Republican Congress. I also like the fact that hes trying to get a diplomatic solution to Iran. Bottom line is our leaders for the past 50 + years have screwed the pooch over there, and Barack didn't do much to remedy the situation in my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    President Obama is far from liberal economically. He's to the right of Republicans who were in office during my lifetime. His healthcare plan was largely the Republican alternative to Hillary Clinton's universal healthcare proposal in the 90's, for example. The economic side of his executive agencies is littered with revolving door Wall Street types like Larry Summers and Tim Geithner. They're hardly fiery-eyed populists. His Attorney General repeatedly refused to prosecute Wall Street criminals, citing "economic dispruption" if they were held account for their crimes, crimes that damaged the world economy and millions of Americans. Liberal much? Picture Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders in the same position, and what they would be doing. On the plus side, he did get a small but effective stimulus package through that mitigated the worst impacts of the recession.

On foreign policy, he did leave the neocon foreign policy largely in place, along with its derision for transparency, its reliance on executive fiat, and its misguided premises. He let war criminals walk free without so much as a slap on the wrist, and joined their ranks when he decided to wage undeclared war on the people of Yemen, Pakistan, and anywhere else he feels like sending an assassination drone. He also waged a war on whistleblowers, with is DoJ misusing the arguably unconstitutional Espionage Act more times than under all other Presidents combined.

Note that almost everything I have cited is under the President's executive branch control. He decided who to appoint. He decided to "look forward, not back". He decided to become the world's foremost assassin. The flawed, half-arsed step towards universal healthcare is a bit of an exception, as that had to pass through Congress. He gets somewhat of a pass on that one, though his failure to fight at all for a progressive option was disappointing there, too.

I rate his presidency as an opportunity lost, and another generation disillusioned with government's power to make a positive difference. There was progress on social and noneconomic issues during his time in office, but crediting him with gay marriage, don't ask don't tell, or pot law relaxation gets things exactly backward. He was no leader on those issues, and was slow to go along with the growing consensus.
    “If we sacrifice our values because we’re afraid, we don’t care about those values very much" -- Edward Snowden

vCash
    The man came in with much hype and promise and unfortunately for our country has failed. He leans on his liberal base to make choices which sometimes are wrong. Sometimes I feel Nancy Pelosi was making the calls for him.

Presidents are suppose to compromise even when they must oppose their own party. He fails to accomplish this over and over again. President Obama was suppose to be the trend setter, the man that changed the way we look at presidents. Unfortunately, he failed us once again.

We as a nation are on a bad stretch of Presidents for the last 25+ years. Presidents who have embarrassed the nation. Can we for once get someone in office who is looking out for the true middle class. The individuals who received vocational or college degree and are contributors in building America strong with family values and involvement in the local communities. Earners who are doing it the right way.

I say screw the poor and screw the rich!!!!!

They have been receiving hand outs for long enough!

Republicans and Democrats need to find a candidate who will fight for the middle class and not their oil loving, eco loving, bank loving, California loving, Wall Street loving disease of human beings.

I gave this President a D. I'm shaking my head that I indorsed and encouraged others to follow his lead. Never again!

vCash
    I give the President a C. He enacted Obamacare, which has actually been very beneficial to a lot of states and given insurance to millions without drastically raising premiums for most people (if you want a great example, listen to Mitch McConnell try to weasel his way out of talking about Obamacare in his state, where it has been a godsend). He got Osama Bin-Laden. Under his watch, the economy has turned around from the recession.

However, he also promised to close down Guantanamo Bay, which he hasn't done. He said he would have a transparent presidency and it's actually been one of the least transparent presidencies. He set the precedent of killing US citizens without due process. Although he did turn the economy around, it took awhile.

Can't say it was an overwhelmingly positive presidency because there were some definite negatives there.
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    So many missed opportunities to make things better. Mine as well etch off the 4th amendment. He had a chance to really reinforce our rights to reasonable search and seizures with the whole Snowden issue. Candidate Obama promised to; President Obama? Eh. He really is the Assassination president as well.

I agree with Lab on almost everything he wrote. He didn't really lead on any of our social progress either. Lost opportunities is what comes to mind.

I really hope we get a chance to elect a strong executive leader in 2016. We're likely going to need a Teddy Roosevelt type to see positive change, because the Legislative and Judicial branch both have their collective heads in their ***** honestly.

vCash
    I agree with alot of points being made here but I do have to ask how people think things can change so much in such a short time. It's hard to make changes. Obama has power but his power is limited. Esp when you have a GOP that fights literally everything you are doing out of spite.

Ofcourse during elections there will always be promises that aren't kept. Like the closing of Gitmo for instance. I don't think Obama Completely "changed how the game is played" but he did revise how we do business. Republicans are becoming a shoot first ask questions later party. Remember the Syria conflict? He got Asaad to admit and hand over their chemical weapons 'without' us having to bomb them. He is trying to do something similar with Iran.

I think it's good to take a political approach when talking to our 'enemies.' War is not the answer. Hopefully we evolve to the point where we understand this on a global scale. Every attack has a counter attack. Every drone that misses it's target and kills civilians creates new terrorists.

Obama isn't where I want to be but at least he is taking steps in the right direction. This going to war with everyone has to stop. We say iran can't have nuclear weapons but yet we have them and so does israel. We come off as hypocrites.

I wish obama would walk away from the middleeast. Isis isn't our fight. Bombing the area only unites them. Let them fight their own civil war.

vCash

The Obama Era: Grade his presidency thus far.

The problem with President Obama leadership is he can't piss off his own base to compromise. example the key stone pipeline, fracking, guns, borders etc. Throw the republicans a bone so u can get your own treat.

He is too loyal to democratic base. Screw your party, you're OUR PRESIDENT! As an independent, it makes me reluctant to vote democratic because of a President who is loyal to his party before THE PEOPLE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    The problem with President Obama leadership is he can't piss off his own base to compromise. example the key stone pipeline, fracking, guns, borders etc. Throw the republicans a bone so u can get your own treat.

He is too loyal to democratic base. Screw your party, you're OUR PRESIDENT! As an independent, it makes me reluctant to vote democratic because of a President who is loyal to his party before THE PEOPLE
    The only bill that he has signed with regards to guns is to allow them on national parks. So in his defense, he has an excellent record on guns as the president.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The only bill that he has signed with regards to guns is to allow them on national parks. So in his defense, he has an excellent record on guns as the president.
    Yep. Annoying to debate this to all my conservative friends. They think because hes a democrat hes out to "Gun grab". It's just not true so far.

EDIT: Its mostly stuff like FOX news thats riles you up over it. Most politicians, both R and D wont touch gun legislation.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast