Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump

Donald Trump

A question for my conservative friends. Other than not being a Democrat, why would any of you vote for this guy? And how does he have ~20% support?

I'm not a Rpublican, but I honestly believe this thread belongs in the Entertainment forum. He's not a politician and he isn't getting elected.

Boggles my mind. But as said above, it won't last.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

He's giving an unvarnished narritive to subjects that interest conservatives. Although the remarks may have the utmost in sincerity, they are being made in a very clumsy and insensitive manner.

I am amused that some think he is speaking on behalf of conservatives, he does not. The polls that show him leading are relying heavily on name recognition. These are not the voters that will be asking for substance as the election nears.

What he will accomplish is to force some of the actual candidates to participate in revealing opinion on some subjects that are actually relevant and not soft shoe some homogenous response.

Dude is a media whore with a fat cheÁk book....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

he speaks his mind and isn't politically correct, which most conservatives like. He also would probably create a lot of jobs and would boost our economy again.. maybe. He's right about most things. I mean, our border really is a problem that should be dealt with. He's a strong guy that doesn't back down, which most like. I think we can all admit that Obama is weak, and Romney was a little weak as well. He's also not a politician. Believe it or not, theres a good chunk of people who are sick and fed up with life long politicians. He's big on capitalism too, which makes republicans cream their pants.
    To be honest, I'm not really sure why people think he's a joke and has no chance of winning. Why? Just because he's not a politician? The media tries their hardest to make him out to be a clown. Yes, some of the things he says are a little comical and straight forward, but I appreciate the "lay it all out" attitude. He's leading the GOP polls as of now, which really makes me wonder why people say he has no chance.
    Last edited by coakland; 07-18-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coakland View Post
    he speaks his mind and isn't politically correct, which most conservatives like. He also would probably create a lot of jobs and would boost our economy again.. maybe. He's right about most things. I mean, our border really is a problem that should be dealt with. He's a strong guy that doesn't back down, which most like. I think we can all admit that Obama is weak, and Romney was a little weak as well. He's also not a politician. Believe it or not, theres a good chunk of people who are sick and fed up with life long politicians. He's big on capitalism too, which makes republicans cream their pants.
    To be honest, I'm not really sure why people think he's a joke and has no chance of winning. Why? Just because he's not a politician? The media tries their hardest to make him out to be a clown. Yes, some of the things he says are a little comical and straight forward, but I appreciate the "lay it all out" attitude. He's leading the GOP polls as of now, which really makes me wonder why people say he has no chance.
    Politically correct is a bull**** term that people come up with to cover up their lack of a filter within their own brain.

He wouldn't create jobs any more than any other politician would. He is wrong on the border, this is evident from the fact that we're getting more deportations every year and net migration has been neutral. He talks big on capitalism but doesn't really believe in it or follow it in his own life. I don't know why people ignore all the times he takes advantage of government protection in bankruptcy or when he supports universal health care.

I don't take him seriously because he calls everyone a loser and makes generalizations that the likes of Steve King make. Steve King shouldn't be taken seriously and (fortunately) on any other platform than one segment of Iowa he would be booted from office so fast that there would be a print on his ***. I am hoping/expecting one of the candidates who knows they also don't have a chance of winning to be the pit bull and really go after him to chase him out of the race. Marco Rubio or Chris Christe would be the best choices, and maybe Lindsey Graham too.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Saw on the news that he said some dumb **** about McCain not being a war hero for getting captured. Guess being a draft dodgers is more heroic. Dude's a joke and probably senile, but he's not as much of a joke as draft dodging warmongering Presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm not a Rpublican, but I honestly believe this thread belongs in the Entertainment forum. He's not a politician and he isn't getting elected.
    Neither are Ben Carson or Carly Fiorina. Are you putting them in the Entertainment section too? Listen - I think Trump is an irreverent ***, don't agree with him all that much politically, and really would be okay if the guy just slid off the face of the Earth forever. But, he's as legitimate of a candidate right now as anyone in the race. This HuffPo-inspired ******** that he isn't a real candidate is bush league. In fact, HuffPo seriously hurts their credibility as a news outlet by making such a determination.

It's sad that people are listening to this insufferable ****.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Saw on the news that he said some dumb **** about McCain not being a war hero for getting captured. Guess being a draft dodgers is more heroic. Dude's a joke and probably senile, but he's not as much of a joke as draft dodging warmongering Presidents.
    It's one thing for Trump to stay on topic, but these wild attacks on the other conservatives are what earn him his "clown" status.

If this is the best he can muster he needs to just go away.....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Neither are Ben Carson or Carly Fiorina. Are you putting them in the Entertainment section too? Listen - I think Trump is an irreverent ***, don't agree with him all that much politically, and really would be okay if the guy just slid off the face of the Earth forever. But, he's as legitimate of a candidate right now as anyone in the race. This HuffPo-inspired ******** that he isn't a real candidate is bush league. In fact, HuffPo seriously hurts their credibility as a news outlet by making such a determination.
    Come on Homestar, there is a difference between Trump and Carson/Fiorina and you know it.

Personally, the decision to dub him as not a candidate (at least for me) has absolutely nothing to do with Huffington Post. I would have to check my history to see the last time that I even opened their site, so for me at least bringing them up is not relevant at all.

He is getting votes in the early stage of the primary before most of the voting public knows any of the people involved, their credentials, and positions on the issues. Right now, they are voting on name recognition and not much else. This is why Donald Trump and Jeb Bush are in the lead. Once the rest of the candidates wake up and do their job, then Trump will be gone quickly and relegated back to opening outlandish hotels that a good number of which end of declaring bankruptcy, where he belongs.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

I love it, these republicans deserve Trump. I wouldn't count him out in a field of lackluster republicans. Lord Trump is going to the Fox's republican debate, which makes it must see TV. Trainwreck time.

Donald Trump might have the support of 15-20% of the Republican base. But he has no support from any other demographic.

This will play itself out and we will end up with Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton.... So we get the same recycled government that businesses want these days.

Marcus Mariota

Jeb Bush is turning into a lousy campaigner, considering Donald is at the top of the polls. What happen to Rand Paul? These guys just don't have any appeal or drive. No wonder Trump is in the lead. The longer this happen the more the republicans will tilt torwards him to get his base. Dumb-arse Cruz already have. Trump is the Bernie of the republican brand right now. He will make the republicans more hard-core on issues thus losing the presidential race.
    Last edited by WES445; 07-20-2015 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Come on Homestar, there is a difference between Trump and Carson/Fiorina and you know it.

Personally, the decision to dub him as not a candidate (at least for me) has absolutely nothing to do with Huffington Post. I would have to check my history to see the last time that I even opened their site, so for me at least bringing them up is not relevant at all.

He is getting votes in the early stage of the primary before most of the voting public knows any of the people involved, their credentials, and positions on the issues. Right now, they are voting on name recognition and not much else. This is why Donald Trump and Jeb Bush are in the lead. Once the rest of the candidates wake up and do their job, then Trump will be gone quickly and relegated back to opening outlandish hotels that a good number of which end of declaring bankruptcy, where he belongs.
    He's a candidate. He's running for President. He may not be a candidate that you like, but he is a candidate nonetheless. Maybe he's doing it for attention, but a lot of these candidates are doing it for attention, the book deals and talk shows and speaking engagements that come along with running for President and the aftermath of a campaign. Do you really think someone like Jim Webb or George Pataki really thinks they can win? No, but I'm sure they won't fight the name recognition and monetary windfall that comes along with running for President, if they can keep their campaign afloat long enough to reap the benefits.

Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast