Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Panthers decide to retain Bouwmeester

Jay Bouwmeester will remain with the Florida Panthers for the rest of the season.

There was ample speculation that Bouwmeester would be dealt by Wednesday's 3 p.m., but the Panthers elected to keep the pending unrestricted free agent for their playoff push.

Rotoworld
    Though its clear form everywhere else, Rotoworld is now claiming this to be official that there was no trade made.

Retaining Bouwmeester will definatley help with the Panthers, now a 6th seed and only 1 point back of the 5th seed, playoff push. Retaining Bouwmeester also sends a strong message to both the players and fans that the Florida Panthers are seriously running hard into the playoffs.

Bouwmeester will have increased value if he has a decent playoff appearence. Though he is an UFA this off-season, it is still possible the Panthers trade him prior to free agency. Many teams will be looking for his services, so the Panthers may still be able to get some value for him during the offseason, or, if they are really luck, convince Bouwmeester to do a sign-and-trade.

So, what does everyone thing on this?
    One day, I will own a new NFL team, and to it I will sign:

QB: Michael Vick, RB: Ricky Williams, RB: Lendale White, WR: Terrel Owens, WR: Chad Johnson, WR: Plaxico Burress, WR: Chris Henry, TE: Jeremy Shockey, LB Ray Lewis, CB Deangelo Hall, CB Pacman Jones, DT Tank Johnson, and fill the holes with Bengles and Raiders.

Noone will #$@! with us, or we'll send our new offensive cooridnator Rae Carruth their way...

vCash
    I dind't think he would get traded. There is just no way someone could give fair value. I heard the Canucks offered Bieksa, Raymond and a First for him and that still wasn't enough

"A friend in need is a friend to avoid"

vCash
    If that is not enough, then he wasn't going anywhere. I love the non-move because I wanna win now, not worry too much about later.
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    Melrose called us a big winner at the deadline! And Olli got traded to Calgary

vCash
    Yeah, I like the idea to retain him. I know some say its too much of a blow to keep him for the sole purpose of a first round appearence, but its been so long, I think it is a huge benefit for the rest of the team going into next year to have seen the playoffs and be hungry for more. Florida always has a very impressive showing of home-town and sell-out support during the playoffs, I really think this organization needs the playoffs more then they do some new faces.
    One day, I will own a new NFL team, and to it I will sign:

QB: Michael Vick, RB: Ricky Williams, RB: Lendale White, WR: Terrel Owens, WR: Chad Johnson, WR: Plaxico Burress, WR: Chris Henry, TE: Jeremy Shockey, LB Ray Lewis, CB Deangelo Hall, CB Pacman Jones, DT Tank Johnson, and fill the holes with Bengles and Raiders.

Noone will #$@! with us, or we'll send our new offensive cooridnator Rae Carruth their way...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phxcyots22 View Post
    Yeah, I like the idea to retain him. I know some say its too much of a blow to keep him for the sole purpose of a first round appearence, but its been so long, I think it is a huge benefit for the rest of the team going into next year to have seen the playoffs and be hungry for more. Florida always has a very impressive showing of home-town and sell-out support during the playoffs, I really think this organization needs the playoffs more then they do some new faces.
    100% on the dot. You don't need live here to know that we are fair weather fans. Let's get fans excited. By keeping J Bo, we do this. And let's bring back the rats!

vCash
    we need to resign him. or trade his rights. he would be the biggest blow to the franchise if we dont resign him

vCash
    I hope we can, but can we do it?

vCash
    just have to wait and see

vCash
    Well, lets worry about this season first.

vCash
    exactly, sort of like the saying if you build it they will come, if you win he will stay imo. dont bother going into the nhl forum because it is full of guys doubting j bo because they want him on THEIR team. its kind of funny actually

vCash
    oh, i wont even bother

vCash
    i think its kind of funny how people can convince themselves of things that arent true