Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    On this day in 1993, race car driver and owner Alan Kulwicki, who won the 1992 (NASCAR) Winston Cup championship by one of the tightest margins in series history, is killed in a plane crash near Bristol, Tennessee, where he was scheduled to compete in a race the following day. The 38-year-old Kulwicki had been the first owner-driver to collect the championship since Richard Petty did so in 1979, as well as the first NASCAR champ to hold a college degree.
    I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR Diva#3 View Post
    On this day in 1993, race car driver and owner Alan Kulwicki, who won the 1992 (NASCAR) Winston Cup championship by one of the tightest margins in series history, is killed in a plane crash near Bristol, Tennessee, where he was scheduled to compete in a race the following day. The 38-year-old Kulwicki had been the first owner-driver to collect the championship since Richard Petty did so in 1979, as well as the first NASCAR champ to hold a college degree.
    such a sad day in Nascar history

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Vis View Post
    such a sad day in Nascar history
    Yeah I was less then a year old when he died. My dad always says that was such a sad year for NASCAR with the deaths of Kulwiki and Davey Allison.
    I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It

vCash
    First NASCAR race...65 years ago today: Thursday, June 19, marks the 65th anniversary of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series' first race, held in 1949. In what was then called the Strictly Stock division, the race was held at Charlotte Speedway, a .75-mile dirt track, and won by #34-Jim Roper. It featured a 33-car field that included NASCAR Hall of Famers Tim Flock(5th), Buck Baker(11th), Lee Petty(17th) and Herb Thomas(29th).(NASCAR), see race results at racing-reference.info. Eventual 1949 Champion, Red Byron, finished 3rd in a Raymond Parks owned car.(6-19-2014)
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Dang.. Long time ago

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123