Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

    6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

    9 60.00%
Page 414 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 3143644044124134144154164244645149141414 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

  1. #6196
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,090
    agreed^^^ i would lock up havlat for 4 more years. and in this case, "four more years!!" is a good thing...

  2. #6197
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbolter73 View Post
    Niemi played really well in his start for Rockford. He gave up one goal in regulation and the team lost in a shootout. Niemi should be recalled tomorrow from what I heard. As for the whole turn about Hjallmarson. He isn't an offensive D-man. He has great passing ability and a big shot but 0 accuracy. He has also turned into a rather big hitter. He has 16 points 2 G 14A and is a +9. He may have been drafted as an offensive D-man but he hasn't turned out to be that. HE does seem to be adjusting to the N. American style of game well and is only 21. If you can't tell I like the kid and think he has the potential to be a part of our future. That being said he could be really valuable in a trade. Hendry has had a lot of injury issues this season. He was out for about a month with a knee injury. Shortly after his return, i'm talking within a week or so, he broke a finger and has been out for a few more weeks. It sounds like he is going to be returning this weekend on a road trip down in Texas. He has played 36 games and has 6pts 3g 3a and a +8.
    The reason I haven't shot Hjalmarsson down 100% in my mind is that he has a decent set of wheels. That will take you a long long way in the NHL as a dman (Duncan Keith and Campbell) and that is one of the big reasons why I have very little faith in Barker is because he is so slow. What I have seen is that Hjalmarsson seems overwhelmed at times and makes poor decisions. I realize you he has become a "big hitter" in the AHL, but that is the AHL. I don't think that could carry over to the NHL personally.

    I actually liked Hendry last year. Like I said before, I barely noticed him out there which was a good thing because that is what his game is all about. He is a stay at home defenseman who does nothing great but is well rounded

  3. #6198
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    i know eager is not avery and boom! is right with that regard but i think he has the tools to be a sean avery caliber player minus the media remarks of course.
    I just think Sean Avery has more skill than Eager is doing his best to become that kind of player. I think Avery is able to get under the other teams skin more, which throws them off (even though I think Eager does a good job as well) and also Avery has a nice touch around the net, he can bury the puck. Avery has put up 15 goals in the past and gotten real close to 40 points a bunch of times.

    One thing everyone has to remember about Eager is that he is only 25 years old. He was drafted 23rd overall by Phoenix...and you don't draft fourth line guys in the first round. Obviously Phx thought he would develop into a power forward type who could bury the puck and play physical.

    Eager hustles and I like it, he is also a RFA at the end of this year so lets see what happens with that.

  4. #6199
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    Wow four more years? You don't think that is too many for Havlat? The guy is made of glass...I am just afraid that we will see the first two years of Havlat and not this year.

  5. #6200
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    boonies
    Posts
    4,191

    Havlat trying to get new contract- Monsters in the Morning

    Havlat was a phone guest on Monsters in the Morning. North asked him about his upcoming free agency. Havlat said his agent and the Hawks are working on a new contract.

    Thoughts?

  6. #6201
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Depaul
    Posts
    1,702
    Same as 2 monthes ago.

  7. #6202
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  8. #6203
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    The Pens did just trade for Kunitz, so the ideas of trading Havlat to a Penguins team that needs a winger probably isn't as likely now.

    I would like to see him signed 2 - 3 years for 4 million each.

    I agree with the second post, same as a month or two ago, which is what scares me. At this point, no news is bad news with the Havlat contract situation. Both have made it clear that they want to get a new contract done, so why hasn't one been done yet? We will have to wait and see what happens.

  9. #6204
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    362
    The refs cut them so much slack, and the Huet roughing should have gone to Ward, you don't run into a goalie at all...so stupid.

    I had aweome seats though, for anyone who saw it I was behind the Preds bench behind the Bud Light sign, I thought it was surreal to see all the players...

    For those willing to see

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8900550&ref=mf

  10. #6205
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Griffith, IN
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    The Pens did just trade for Kunitz, so the ideas of trading Havlat to a Penguins team that needs a winger probably isn't as likely now.

    I would like to see him signed 2 - 3 years for 4 million each.


    I agree with the second post, same as a month or two ago, which is what scares me. At this point, no news is bad news with the Havlat contract situation. Both have made it clear that they want to get a new contract done, so why hasn't one been done yet? We will have to wait and see what happens.
    My thoughts exactly.

  11. #6206
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I just think Sean Avery has more skill than Eager is doing his best to become that kind of player. I think Avery is able to get under the other teams skin more, which throws them off (even though I think Eager does a good job as well) and also Avery has a nice touch around the net, he can bury the puck. Avery has put up 15 goals in the past and gotten real close to 40 points a bunch of times.

    One thing everyone has to remember about Eager is that he is only 25 years old. He was drafted 23rd overall by Phoenix...and you don't draft fourth line guys in the first round. Obviously Phx thought he would develop into a power forward type who could bury the puck and play physical.

    Eager hustles and I like it, he is also a RFA at the end of this year so lets see what happens with that.
    Id like to see Eager and burish on that 4th line for several more years. Their both tough and Burish is a machine on the PK.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23


  12. #6207
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Griffith, IN
    Posts
    4,059
    Eager, Burish, and Fraser make a badass fourth line of "Grinder-Puck" guys. I like all 3 of them alot.

    Barker is only really useful on the power play, but he's very good there.

    I would also like to see Big Buff pretending to be Holmstrom, and he had a deflection goal on Campbell's shot Tuesday night. So theres a step in the right direction.

    I also hate this thread, and would hate to see Dews leave.

  13. #6208
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Griffith, IN
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Wow four more years? You don't think that is too many for Havlat? The guy is made of glass...I am just afraid that we will see the first two years of Havlat and not this year.
    Is that why they put him on the 3rd line, just to give him less minutes and keep him healthy? Or is it just a chemistry thing with him, Bolland, and Ladd? He's for sure good enough to be a top 6.

  14. #6209
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    Definitely a chemistry thing. Gives us an awesome third line who can play against top lines and also score. I wouldn't say it is to give him less minutes and keep him healthy at all.

  15. #6210
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Griffith, IN
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Definitely a chemistry thing. Gives us an awesome third line who can play against top lines and also score. I wouldn't say it is to give him less minutes and keep him healthy at all.
    It is nice to have an effective 3rd line. Thanks I always kind of wondered that.

Tags for this Thread

**** the wild, 2010 stanley cup, 2011-12, 2014, 2017, all-star, allstar, anaheim, anderson, appearances, arizona, artemi, autograph signing, autographs, avalanche, backes, bad goaltending, barack, benn, best in the world, bickell, biron, black ice, blackhawks, blackhawks coyotes, bluejackets, blues, blues suck, bolts, boston, bowman, brian campbell, bruins, brunette, buffalo, bulin, byfuglien, calgary, canadiens, canes, canucks, capitals, captain serious, car crash, carbomb, carcillo, carolina, central, chalupa batman, champions, chicago, chicago black hawks, chicago blackhawks, chicago blackhawks video, christian, coach q, colorado, congrats on the cup, courage, coyotes, crawford, cristobal huet, crosby, cup, current, dale, dallas, danault, dano, darling, datsyuk, defenseman, deja vu, detoilet, detroit, devils, dont murder me, draft, ducks, duncan, edmonton, ehroff, eichel, elliot, extension, finals, flames, fleischmann, florida, flyers, former, funny, get that w, go hawks, goal, goalie, goals, gustafsson, habs, hall, hartman, hawks, hawks fans are ok, hedger, hinostroza, historic, history, hockey, hossa, huet, hurricanes, hutchinson, icehogs, igt, injury, jersey, jets, jiri, kane, kaner, karlsson, keith, kero, kieth, kings, kovy, kruger, leafs, lightning, lightning suck balls, los angeles, lundqvist, luongo, luuuuuuuser, macintyre, malkin, maple leafs, marcus, marko, marleau, mcdavid, mighty, minnesota, minny, montreal, nashville, nbc, new jersey, new york, news, nhl, nhl draft, nhl playoffs, niemi, niemi sucks, obama, oduya, oilers, onegoal, ottawa, panarin, panthers, parise, pat foley, patrick, pavelski, penguins, phoenix, phoenix coyotes, pittsburgh, playoffs, predators, preds, press conference, prospects, pussywillow, rangers, rape, rasmussen, red wings, redwings, regular, rexall, rinne, rob, robertson, rockford, roy, rozsival, rumors, saadfather, sabres, san jose, schedule, scuderi, season, sedin, sedin sisters, seguin, sekac, senators, sexual assault, shanahan is a douche, sharks, sharp, shaw, signing, single game tickets, st louis, st. louis, stache, stadium series, stamkos, stanley, stanley cup finals, stanley cup playoffs, stars, streak, svedberg, tampa bay, tarasenko, tazer, tazer bros., tcf bank, teeth, teuvo, thornton, three, tickets, toews, tomas, toronto, trade rumors, trades, vancouver, vancouver sucks, varlamov'd, versteeg, waive, waived, washington, wcqf, weber, weise, white house, wild, win, wings, winnipeg, winter classic, world, world cup, wrigley field, write-in, yotes

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •