Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

    6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

    9 60.00%
Page 407 of 2788 FirstFirst ... 3073573974054064074084094174575079071407 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 41807
  1. #6091
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleHose View Post
    It's really ironic that your "retirement" from blogging in this forum due to constant bickering and excessive arguments, has caused... more bickering and another argument.

    Maybe this means that your point is valid after all... good luck with your illustrious blogging career.
    very good post (sarcasm)

  2. #6092
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -
    Posts
    28,403
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not sure why anyone would care?

  3. #6093
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    this is coming from a guy who tries to ram everything down peoples throats that you are the only one who knows what is going on in hockey and the game itself. have you laced up skates and played for 26 years? perfect example is when you state that huet is not out of position,,,,,how would you know???? have you ever played or is the closest thing you have done to playing is watching games on your tv? spare me....so try to throw something like that at the wall and make it stick from the couch where you watch games from and Il do it from the ice.


    hurting each others feelings? close friends? no never did i say that.

    grow a pair bro! your not always right....period. thats the problem with you, you think you are always right and you ram it down peoples throats like they are stupid.
    Okay man, it is all good and dandy. Trust me. However, don't call me up for saying have I laced up the skates and played for 26 years. I am 21 years old. I have played plenty. I played AAA, Prep School and then Junior A. Trust me when I say that I have played and played at very high levels. I made the choice at the age of 20 that I wasn't going to make a living out of hockey so I ventured elsewhere. At that point in time I only had D3 teams calling, and I just made the decision that at that time (and still) it was education over hockey, a choice I am fine with making. I love the sport, I am still very much involved in it too. I'm fine with anyone calling me out on my opinions about the Blackhawks, Eager, Barker, who to trade, who played well in goal, but don't call me out on hockey man, that is kinda uncalled for.

    I realize I am not always right. I even hope that I am not in a lot of situations (such as Skille) but I feel that I back all my opinions up with solid observations and facts, what more do you want from me? I am an opinionated guy, you said it about yourself. I think its fine that me and you argue, because other people jump in and voice their opinions, and trust me we all have them.

    I like Huet, you don't. If I had to pick who I wanted in game 7, I would pick Khabi. I think that Huet is a better goalie than you give him credit for and we go back and forth with that. It is what it is. I still think Huet is capable of winning those game sevens and I realize the facts of the cap and etc. I think Huet is a good goalie, I also think Khabi is.

    Look man, like I said. Argue with me all you want but calling me out on hockey and saying the closest I have gotten to a game is the couch, uncalled for and pretty far from the truth.

  4. #6094
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    I meant no harm when I said it was old news. The reason I did that is because the trade deadline is less than a week away (6 days and a few hours) and new news about players is pretty big news. All I was doing was informing you, and others that this was news that was about a month old. You did nothing wrong, TFP just posted that today again, you and I obviously both saw it, no big deal at all man.

    I wonder if Bulin is back like you said. I would think this points to it, but I had heard that he wouldn't be back until after the deadline. I had seen that in a few places but it would be nice if he was back.

  5. #6095
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Okay man, it is all good and dandy. Trust me. However, don't call me up for saying have I laced up the skates and played for 26 years. I am 21 years old. I have played plenty. I played AAA, Prep School and then Junior A. Trust me when I say that I have played and played at very high levels. I made the choice at the age of 20 that I wasn't going to make a living out of hockey so I ventured elsewhere. At that point in time I only had D3 teams calling, and I just made the decision that at that time (and still) it was education over hockey, a choice I am fine with making. I love the sport, I am still very much involved in it too. I'm fine with anyone calling me out on my opinions about the Blackhawks, Eager, Barker, who to trade, who played well in goal, but don't call me out on hockey man, that is kinda uncalled for.

    I realize I am not always right. I even hope that I am not in a lot of situations (such as Skille) but I feel that I back all my opinions up with solid observations and facts, what more do you want from me? I am an opinionated guy, you said it about yourself. I think its fine that me and you argue, because other people jump in and voice their opinions, and trust me we all have them.

    I like Huet, you don't. If I had to pick who I wanted in game 7, I would pick Khabi. I think that Huet is a better goalie than you give him credit for and we go back and forth with that. It is what it is. I still think Huet is capable of winning those game sevens and I realize the facts of the cap and etc. I think Huet is a good goalie, I also think Khabi is.

    Look man, like I said. Argue with me all you want but calling me out on hockey and saying the closest I have gotten to a game is the couch, uncalled for and pretty far from the truth.
    ok, I am man enough to apologize and take back what I said about hockey and your experience. so I apologize (not being sarcastic)

    My levels of hockey were highschool starter as a freshman and exceptance to Wisconsin let alone all the pee wee leagues with rolling meadows chargers and schaumburg kings.. wasnt guarenteed anything like to actually play,start etc. The scholarship was not enough and i chose education as well since I knew that it was going to be a long journey to get to the level of the NHL. also dislocating my hip didnt help when I was 18. I chose my education at a smaller school which led me to where im at today.

    as far as huet, well if I didnt want a stanley cup so bad i wouldnt mind huet. i just dont in my heart feel he is the guy to bring us a championship in the coming years unless we have redwings like depth.

    so yes in a serious non sarcastic way i do apologize.

    ps- I just wish some other people who never post in here mind their own business. my god. I may have been just frustrated when i posted this but people who arent hawks fans or never post chimming in, i love it.

    dew

  6. #6096
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -
    Posts
    28,403
    vCash
    1500
    I'll do as I please, thanks.

  7. #6097
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I meant no harm when I said it was old news. The reason I did that is because the trade deadline is less than a week away (6 days and a few hours) and new news about players is pretty big news. All I was doing was informing you, and others that this was news that was about a month old. You did nothing wrong, TFP just posted that today again, you and I obviously both saw it, no big deal at all man.

    I wonder if Bulin is back like you said. I would think this points to it, but I had heard that he wouldn't be back until after the deadline. I had seen that in a few places but it would be nice if he was back.
    no harm no foul.

    it is good to have him back in a way just in case huet gets hurt or implodes, good insurance policy. Im thinking he may start the next game as a showcase but i still dont think there is any takers for him with two injuries (which pissed me off) i love bulin but he is fragile.

    Huet is going to be here for the long haul whether i like it or not, if we arent going to make an impact deal for the cup this year I really want to see huet everyday. next year there wont be a rotation so he will be the man from than and until his contract expires. i could be wrong because im not on any stat page but i do not think huet has a year where he was playing as many games as say a marty turco or luongo, i may be wrong but i need to see what we have.

  8. #6098
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    I'll do as I please, thanks.

  9. #6099
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    The most games that Huet played was 52 last year with Montreal/Washington. I think he is a goalie who needs a solid back up but I think he could play 65 - 70 games if he was the top guy.

    I agree, Khabi is fragile. That and I hate his contract and I feel like our goalie contracts have kept us from getting that second line center, which will take us to the next level. We can't play both Huet/Khabi in a game, but we can play Toews/2nd line center and need to. It is going to be real interesting to see what happens on Wednesday.

  10. #6100
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    The most games that Huet played was 52 last year with Montreal/Washington. I think he is a goalie who needs a solid back up but I think he could play 65 - 70 games if he was the top guy.

    I agree, Khabi is fragile. That and I hate his contract and I feel like our goalie contracts have kept us from getting that second line center, which will take us to the next level. We can't play both Huet/Khabi in a game, but we can play Toews/2nd line center and need to. It is going to be real interesting to see what happens on Wednesday.

    do you think hjmarrson <<spelling could take barkers spot if barker is dealt? i wish barker was on another team

  11. #6101
    J75's Avatar
    J75 is offline minion of brother justin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kankakee, IL
    Posts
    380
    vCash
    1500
    Don't you have to be out for 2 weeks before coming back after being placed on IR, which would be March 4 for Khabi. I could be wrong. If that is the case, maybe they sent Niemi down to get some playing time since hes been sitting for awhile and then call him back up for Fridays game.

  12. #6102
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,090
    vCash
    1500
    well that's why i said to add in a pick or something with brouwer to get vermette. i think that would be a good offer for both. sens get rid of vermette who they've been unhappy with this year and get a young guy who's got decent upside in return and a prospect/pick. then we would get that center we've been lookin for, and i think he would thrive with a change of scenery.... especially one where he's coming to a talented young group like we've got

  13. #6103
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hanover Park
    Posts
    457
    vCash
    1500
    This **** is best served for the idiots in the Cubs forum...we are all friends here....except for people who like Ben Eager =P. JK...he actually is officially no longer on my **** list as long as he is on the 4th line.

    But seriously.....just say what you feel, and if someone takes offense to it, just don't respond and laugh in your chair at how stupid you think they are. That's what I have been doing the last 2 months with all of you guys.

  14. #6104
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    Hjalmarsson is supposed to be a offensive defenseman. I have to be honest, I am not too high on him. I am okay with Barker as long as we just utilize him on the Power play and not five on five as much as we have. I don't like Barkers contract. If a dman were to be traded at this point, I think Hjalmarsson would get the first call up.

    How is Hendry doing this year? I have to be honest, I haven't payed that much attention to him when I watch Rockford but he was solid five on five last year.

  15. #6105
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GA Hill's Afro View Post
    This **** is best served for the idiots in the Cubs forum...we are all friends here....except for people who like Ben Eager =P. JK...he actually is officially no longer on my **** list as long as he is on the 4th line.

    But seriously.....just say what you feel, and if someone takes offense to it, just don't respond and laugh in your chair at how stupid you think they are. That's what I have been doing the last 2 months with all of you guys.
    thats a good post. now the last two months you have been laughing? please elaborate on what you are laughing about

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •