Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 408 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 3083583984064074084094104184585089081408 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    Dhingy, the Blackhawks have approximately 800,000 in cap space right now. At this point in time, that is approximately enough space to add a guy who makes 2.5 million on the year.

There have been talks about Havlat resigning, but if he was going to resign for about 4 million I am guessing he would have done it already. Jordan Staal makes exactly four million over the next 4 years.

The Blackhawks would have to sign a second line center in the offseason, because it has become pretty apparent that we need one. Otherwise we could trade for a guy like Staal.

If Havlat makes sense to you at 4 - 4.5 million yet Staal doesn't at 4 million, then well that makes no sense. Jordan Staal to the Blackhawks makes plenty of sense in several different areas. The Penguins need a winger to play with Sid, the Blackhawks need a second line center, the Blackhawks want to make moves that would help them now and the future, the Blackhawks want young guys, the Penguins are trying to make a push for this years playoffs. There are a lot of reasons for why Jordan Staal to the Blackhawks makes sense. With all that being said, will it happen? I don't know, and neither does anybody, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if it did.

vCash
    i dont see staal coming here. it would be nice for the future since i dont think the hawks are good enough this year.

as far as antropov, the rumor has it toronto wants a 1st round pick and a prospect for him. i think that is a lot, but at the same time you wont be giving up havlat in the deal so keeping havlat and adding antropov makes the hawks a serious contender this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    i will say no again to you dew... just cause he would be that bad!
    so if you want to try to win it this year you get antropov, if you are looking future, than it is staal. neither one though will happen imo.

vCash

New rumors about 2nd line center

February 25, 2009 | 3:22am ET
    Blackhawks eyeing depth center
    TheFourthPeriod.com

According to the Chicago Daily Herald, the Blackhawks would like to acquire depth centerman before next week's trade deadline.
    The paper lists Tampa Bay's Jeff Halpern, Toronto's Dominic Moore and Anaheim's Samuel Pahlsson as possible trading targets.

The Blackhawks have approximately $750,000 in available cap space, enough to land any of the three players previously mentioned.

It's believed the Hawks are still toying with the idea of trading goalie Nikolai Khabibulin, although such a move appears unlikely at this point.

Meanwhile, negotiations between the Blackhawks and Martin Havlat's agent are ongoing. The two sides have expressed a desire to get a new deal done.
    ehh

vCash
    Ehhh what? This has been the same ole news for the last month basically

vCash
    do you always have a comment????? i mean does it ever stop with you.

I DID NOT HEAR ABOUT MOORE AND PAHLSSON UNTIL NOW SORRY!

vCash
    Yes I do feel the need to comment on various things. Such as this article, to you it seemed that it was brand new news, which is fine. However, I am clearly letting people know that this has been news for a while now. Wouldn't it matter to you if something like this just happened today or if it was a month ago? I think it would, that is all man. You seem to always have a comment too, so I don't know why you are flipping out here.

By the way, what person in here posted that they wouldn't trade Versteeg straight up for Crosby? I haven't found that one yet

vCash

Peace out guys!

All-

It has been fun, but I will not be in the PSD Hawks forums anymore. The only forums i will be using will be baseball. As far as hockey forums are concerned I will use another site, that I cannot broadcast due to PSD rules of spam and promoting other sites.

Hope you all enjoy the season! See whoever talks baseball later and for the rest gluck.

PM me anytime.

Dewssox79
    Last edited by DewsSox79; 02-25-2009 at 04:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Yes I do feel the need to comment on various things. Such as this article, to you it seemed that it was brand new news, which is fine. However, I am clearly letting people know that this has been news for a while now. Wouldn't it matter to you if something like this just happened today or if it was a month ago? I think it would, that is all man. You seem to always have a comment too, so I don't know why you are flipping out here.

By the way, what person in here posted that they wouldn't trade Versteeg straight up for Crosby? I haven't found that one yet
    duck610 2nd page of 2nd line center
    Last edited by DewsSox79; 02-25-2009 at 04:17 PM.

vCash
    Well you make a good point with the pro rated salary cap hit. So that changes my thinking a little. That means the Hawks could potentially go after some bigger name centers. But I still would not want to get anyone locked up long term. Vermette sounds very interesting.

I think we could also go after a winger such as a Tkachuk as a rental, as long as we don't give up too much and move Sharp back to center (46% Faceoff percentage is bearable. The reason I like Tkachuk is because we need someone that can stand in front and pick up rebounds. Byfuglien just doesn't do it. (Toews and Havlat are the only ones I see scoring the tough goals in front of the net.)

That would give the Hawks a line of Sharp, Tkachuk, and Versteeg as a second line and Toews, Kane, and Brouwer/Byfuglien as the top line. With the great third line they already have. That's a pretty strong team.

vCash
    im confused
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

J75 is offline minion of brother justin
    vCash
    Jeff Halpern in 31 games FO% 55.4 with 4G 7A

Dominic Moore in 60 games FO% 54.5 with 11G 28A

Samuel Pahlsson in 52 games FO% 53.5 with 5G 10A

I think I would lean toward Moore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    duck610 2nd page of 2nd line center
    You completely misread what he said. He didn't want to include Versteeg in a trade for Staal. He was saying he would include Versteeg in a package for Crosby, but we all know that isn't going to happen because the Pens obviously won't do that. I think you just misread him.

vCash
    I rather not go for Halpern at all. He is signed through next year at 2 million a year. He just came off of surgery, I would be weary of him.

I like Moore. He could come cheap and we could even resign him.

Pahlsson is okay, a good face off guy but he doesn't help us any way on offense.

With Moore we could send Brouwer down, trade him, etc. or something like that, and have Toews, Moore and Bolland as our top three centers.

Personally I would go Vermette, Moore, Antropov as my top three guys as of now. I would like Staal but I don't know what is going on with the Pens. However, the Sens and the Leafs will be selling and possibly trading those guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    You completely misread what he said. He didn't want to include Versteeg in a trade for Staal. He was saying he would include Versteeg in a package for Crosby, but we all know that isn't going to happen because the Pens obviously won't do that. I think you just misread him.
    thanks for having my back BOOM.

When Kris Versteeg gives blood he declines the needle and asks for a handgun and a bucket.