Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Blackhawks Reassign Niemi To Rockford

Blackhawks Reassign Niemi To Rockford Chicago Blackhawks Press Release Feb 25, 2009, 5:56 PM EST
    Niemi
    The Chicago Blackhawks have reassigned goaltender Antti Niemi (AN-tee, nee-YEH-mee) to the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs. Niemi will be available to play for the IceHogs tonight when they face off against the Peoria Rivermen at Carver Arena at 7:00 P.M.

Niemi, 25, who did not appear in any games with the Blackhawks after being recalled on Feb. 12, leads Rockford with a 2.47 goals-against average and two shutouts, and has notched a 13-12-2 record with a .910 save percentage in 29 games during his North American professional debut.

The Vantaa, Finland, native was signed by the Blackhawks as a free agent on May 5, 2008, after spending the previous three years in the Finnish Elite League with the Pelicans of SM-Liiga. Last season, he notched a 26-6-14 mark with a 2.35 goals-against average and a .927 save percentage in 49 appearances with the Pelicans. He recorded 56 wins (56-44-29) and a 2.71 goals-against average in three seasons of action in Finland’s top professional league
    hopefully this isnt too old of news ......boom!

vCash
    looks like bulin is back.

vCash
    I meant no harm when I said it was old news. The reason I did that is because the trade deadline is less than a week away (6 days and a few hours) and new news about players is pretty big news. All I was doing was informing you, and others that this was news that was about a month old. You did nothing wrong, TFP just posted that today again, you and I obviously both saw it, no big deal at all man.

I wonder if Bulin is back like you said. I would think this points to it, but I had heard that he wouldn't be back until after the deadline. I had seen that in a few places but it would be nice if he was back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    I meant no harm when I said it was old news. The reason I did that is because the trade deadline is less than a week away (6 days and a few hours) and new news about players is pretty big news. All I was doing was informing you, and others that this was news that was about a month old. You did nothing wrong, TFP just posted that today again, you and I obviously both saw it, no big deal at all man.

I wonder if Bulin is back like you said. I would think this points to it, but I had heard that he wouldn't be back until after the deadline. I had seen that in a few places but it would be nice if he was back.
    no harm no foul.

it is good to have him back in a way just in case huet gets hurt or implodes, good insurance policy. Im thinking he may start the next game as a showcase but i still dont think there is any takers for him with two injuries (which pissed me off) i love bulin but he is fragile.

Huet is going to be here for the long haul whether i like it or not, if we arent going to make an impact deal for the cup this year I really want to see huet everyday. next year there wont be a rotation so he will be the man from than and until his contract expires. i could be wrong because im not on any stat page but i do not think huet has a year where he was playing as many games as say a marty turco or luongo, i may be wrong but i need to see what we have.

vCash
    The most games that Huet played was 52 last year with Montreal/Washington. I think he is a goalie who needs a solid back up but I think he could play 65 - 70 games if he was the top guy.

I agree, Khabi is fragile. That and I hate his contract and I feel like our goalie contracts have kept us from getting that second line center, which will take us to the next level. We can't play both Huet/Khabi in a game, but we can play Toews/2nd line center and need to. It is going to be real interesting to see what happens on Wednesday.

vCash
    The most games that Huet played was 52 last year with Montreal/Washington. I think he is a goalie who needs a solid back up but I think he could play 65 - 70 games if he was the top guy.

I agree, Khabi is fragile. That and I hate his contract and I feel like our goalie contracts have kept us from getting that second line center, which will take us to the next level. We can't play both Huet/Khabi in a game, but we can play Toews/2nd line center and need to. It is going to be real interesting to see what happens on Wednesday.

do you think hjmarrson <<spelling could take barkers spot if barker is dealt? i wish barker was on another team

J75 is offline minion of brother justin
    vCash
    Don't you have to be out for 2 weeks before coming back after being placed on IR, which would be March 4 for Khabi. I could be wrong. If that is the case, maybe they sent Niemi down to get some playing time since hes been sitting for awhile and then call him back up for Fridays game.

vCash
    Hjalmarsson is supposed to be a offensive defenseman. I have to be honest, I am not too high on him. I am okay with Barker as long as we just utilize him on the Power play and not five on five as much as we have. I don't like Barkers contract. If a dman were to be traded at this point, I think Hjalmarsson would get the first call up.

How is Hendry doing this year? I have to be honest, I haven't payed that much attention to him when I watch Rockford but he was solid five on five last year.

vCash
    Hjalmarsson is supposed to be a offensive defenseman. I have to be honest, I am not too high on him. I am okay with Barker as long as we just utilize him on the Power play and not five on five as much as we have. I don't like Barkers contract. If a dman were to be traded at this point, I think Hjalmarsson would get the first call up.

How is Hendry doing this year? I have to be honest, I haven't payed that much attention to him when I watch Rockford but he was solid five on five last year.
    I havent focused on hendry actually at all, for some reason wasnt in my thinking for the play of the hawks for this year.

as far as the other poster posting about bulin, I am not sure the details of the rule, i dont know if it is retro from the last start or first word of him being hurt to the press. good quesion. no articles yet on bulin.

ps- boom! i also responded in the other thread about your hockey experience.

vCash
    I saw that Dew. I appreciate you acknowledging the mistake. It is honestly all good man, we don't see eye to eye on most things, but what fun would it be if we agreed on everything? All I know is that i'll be at the game on Friday, and as sick as this sounds, I hope Crosby plays because I haven't got a chance to see him in real life yet.

vCash
    I saw that Dew. I appreciate you acknowledging the mistake. It is honestly all good man, we don't see eye to eye on most things, but what fun would it be if we agreed on everything? All I know is that i'll be at the game on Friday, and as sick as this sounds, I hope Crosby plays because I haven't got a chance to see him in real life yet.
    i hope he plays too. when I was younger I felt the same way going to games against lemeuix.

vCash
    Im telling you man.... give barker some time. in 2 years everyone will look back on these arguments and wonder how in the world we ever complained about him. he's gonna be good, and he's definitely shown vast improvements night in and night out. He's not there yet by any means, but you see the improvements... he's getting there.

Plus, you never wanna give up on young Dmen. Good defenders are always hot commodities, so keep em while you got em.

Also dew, about your thought on huet... Who knows, we may throw some money at backstrom this summer and then trade huet after we get him. Maybe we could trade huet and brouw for.... a bag of pucks?! haha

vCash
    btw... gotta love how a niemi to rockford thread turns into a praise/bash bark thread!! haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    Im telling you man.... give barker some time. in 2 years everyone will look back on these arguments and wonder how in the world we ever complained about him. he's gonna be good, and he's definitely shown vast improvements night in and night out. He's not there yet by any means, but you see the improvements... he's getting there.

Plus, you never wanna give up on young Dmen. Good defenders are always hot commodities, so keep em while you got em.

Also dew, about your thought on huet... Who knows, we may throw some money at backstrom this summer and then trade huet after we get him. Maybe we could trade huet and brouw for.... a bag of pucks?! haha
    I think we could get more than a bag of pucks for them. well....maybe not due to the contract huet has. if only huets contract was smaller we could add depth to really make sure if huet implodes games that we could still cover his ***. detroit can doit why cant we, hell id take huet all day long over conklin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    btw... gotta love how a niemi to rockford thread turns into a praise/bash bark thread!! haha

lol.

ps backstrom would be sweet. i wander how much he would cost. these damn goalies cost too much.

i will be sad when bulin is gone that is for sure. i always wandered if he just laid down all those years because the hawks put a crap team together year after year. thank god no more mark bell, tyler arnason teams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast