Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

How do baseball players get paid?

Here's an interesting question. So does Alex Rodriguez get a check every Monday for like $325000? Or do you get paid monthly? Maybe a $2,000,000 check on the 31st of each month? I just wonder do they get a check for the full amount of their contract after they sign it? That would mean the owners would have to have a pot with like $500 million in it to cash checks. Maybe they give them a debit card with a balance on it they can use? But there's a 3 dollar surcharge each time they want to withdraw money from an ATM that is not MLB licensed
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    They get paid twice a month 15th and the end of the month.

vCash
    In cash

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    The specific of A-rod's contract were up awhile ago. It was like once every two weeks and something like $1 million in the begining of the season

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    I would be surprised if players actually got checks, more than likely it is just deposited into a bank account, brokerage account, etc.

vCash
    Imagine getting a weekly pay check of $80,000 like A-Rod would. The guy would get paid more in 36 hours than a normal school teacher would get paid in a year. Wow. Just shows where the priorities in the world are ya know.

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

vCash
    I always thought of that as well... how astronomical would it be to have a check like that? Not only one check like that, but a continual flow of them for about 10-20 years. Amazing.
    Thanks to BeAn 5 ToWnE for the sig.

vCash
    they give him giant checks. literally. like happy gilmore

vCash
    Thanks to BeAn 5 ToWnE for the sig.

vCash
    Yeah i remember when i use to get weekly $1,000,000 check's with Megan Fox and Manny's wife by me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Imagine getting a weekly pay check of $80,000 like A-Rod would. The guy would get paid more in 36 hours than a normal school teacher would get paid in a year. Wow. Just shows where the priorities in the world are ya know.
    not sure where you went to school but school teachers round here dont make anywhere near that amount

vCash
    2 things. let me first say i understand what u mean... but the 2 things are like someone else said: teachers dont really make that much "normally." im not sure if u meant that as literally as im taking it but i lived in a area where teachers make that much but the caveat is our area was rich as **** when it came to school districts and teacher pay. professors in college make that much and more tho so its not a big deal.

heres why i diagree with the priorities thing. entertainment is really just entirely critical to human life. i agree that their salaries are outta whack, but i do think they deserve a few million dollars. if literally everything was scaled back, salaries-ticket costs-stadium costs-everything costs, it would be nice. like i wouldnt have any problem with chase utley taking home 3 million dollars. but its just not like that for some reason. same with hollywood. movies and sports are forms of entertainment and escape for people that create happiness and communication that is pretty cool. to sum it up, 15 mill take home pay bad, 3 million acceptable.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure you were just trying to make a point. However if ARod got paid weekly, it would be about 615,000 a week. That's really something else. I mean that almost 88,000 a day. Wow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantYankees View Post
    not sure where you went to school but school teachers round here dont make anywhere near that amount
    No I meant if you took A-Rods weekly check, and divided it by say 2 days of the normal 5 you would get like $40,000 which is more than a regular school teacher makes in a year. Hence the he makes more in two days than most people could make in a year.