Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Does the U.S. government have too much control over people's private lives?

Well, Ramon Nivar is writing a paper on this and wanted to get everyone's opinion. Partly to give Ramon Nivar some ideas and partly to let Ramon Nivar know how crazy he can get on the paper in terms of most people's tolerance and ideas on the subject.

One thing Ramon Nivar does ask is to respect people's opinions in this thread and please feel completely free and even encouraged to give your honest opinion on the subject.

vCash
    yup, Bush got people to give up all their rights to fight terrorism, what a joke, protect your freedom....by giving all of it up to your government. I guess if they are after our freedom not having any is a good way to take away their target. If they hate us for our freedom ()then they should love us now
    Last edited by aNYer; 02-25-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: double typed a word

Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    vCash
    Watch out Ramon Nivar, the government is watching this thread.

Literally.

Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

vCash
    My private life has yet to be invaded by the government so I would not know.

I have not had anything as far as civil liberties taken from me by the government as of yet so a big negative on that one as well.

I have not seen any freedoms of American citizens stripped or taken so a no on that one as well.

I have had zero intrusion into my private affairs by anyone in government........I would be interested in hearing stories of folks who have though.

I wonder where they are at?
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    yes by censoring what I listen on the radio and watch on tv. The FCC is so full of **** it isnt funny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    yes by censoring what I listen on the radio and watch on tv. The FCC is so full of **** it isnt funny
    Kind of ironic that, in a post about the government censoring you, your post is censored.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Meh, I'd rather see Big Mac hit some dingers.

vCash
    The Government should just mind its own business.

vCash
    My life still has not been violated by the government yet...so I am alright.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zep View Post
    Watch out Ramon Nivar, the government is watching this thread.

Literally.
    The government watches all of Ramon Nivar's activities. And yours. And everybody's.

vCash
    I don't think they do, but we are headed in that direction. With the government now controlling a lot of the banks and possibly socializing health care we could be headed down that road. It will probably turn around but we could be in a spot in about 20 years.

vCash
    i know the cops watching my house

so i gotta split now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    The Government should just mind its own business.
    I agree and disagree. The title of this thread needs some specifics, Ramon Nivar.

While I certainly do not want the government poking into my private affairs (whoops, Freudian slip), I do believe they need to oversee the economy better.

An example of the government minding it's own business, whereas they should have monitored it more closely, can be seen recently in the banking industry and Wall Street.

In a nutshell, the subprime mortgages the institutions dished out to practically everyone and anyone...and then packaged off to the greedy buggers on Wall St., who then repackaged them, and so on and so on, is a large part of why the bottom fell out. The government failed in not having stricter regulations.

Capitalism is great. Unfettered capitalism is dangerous.

So government involvement? No. And yes.