Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash

Trade Deadline

The trade deadline is aproaching, there is lots of rumors and possibly trade ideas for this team. #1 is our top defence Jay-Bo. He obviously won't resign with this team so you have to trade him. Maybe trade him for a young forward. Jay Boumester to Philly for Jeff Carter. One team needs Offence and the other needs Defence.
    Question #2.

Do we have enough depth. Some teams are starting to unload so this team should look for some trades. WE ARE OFFICALLY BUYERS.(as in we , this is my 2nd fav team) Trade our first round draft pick to St.Louis blues for Brad Boyes.

#3 We need a top Ofensive defence since we lost Jay.Trade our 2nd round pick to Carrolina for Joni Pikanen.

Stillman-Carter-Zednik
    Booth-Horton-Boyes
    Olesz-Weiss-Frolik
    Dvorak-Campbell-McLean/Stewart

McCabe-Pikanen
    Ballard-Boynton
    Allen-Cullimore

Vokoun
    Anderson

Maybe Cullimore,and a prospect for Jordan Leopald. The PP unit would look like this.

Stillman-Horton-Carter

McCabe-Pikanen

Booth-Boyes-Weiss

Leopald-Ballard
    Last edited by BranWingss; 02-25-2009 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    The trade deadline is aproaching, there is lots of rumors and possibly trade ideas for this team. #1 is our top defence Jay-Bo. He obviously won't resign with this team so you have to trade him.

No you do not have to

Maybe trade him for a young forward. Jay Boumester to Philly for Jeff Carter. One team needs Offence and the other needs Defence.
    Question #2.
    I like it
    Do we have enough depth. Some teams are starting to unload so this team should look for some trades. WE ARE OFFICALLY BUYERS.(as in we , this is my 2nd fav team) Trade our first round draft pick to St.Louis blues for Brad Boyes.
    Frolik and Boyes is hella fast
    #3 We need a top Ofensive defence since we lost Jay.Trade our 2nd round pick to Carrolina for Joni Pikanen.
    Then we have no picks

Stillman-Carter-Zednik
    Booth-Horton-Boyes
    Olesz-Weiss-Frolik
    Dvorak-Campbell-McLean/Stewart

McCabe-Pikanen
    Ballard-Boynton
    Allen-Cullimore

Vokoun
    Anderson
    Not bad
    Props to pheagles 10 and phins1983

vCash
    Yeah but with the people they pick up I garruntee playoffs for next year, and for years to come.

vCash
    Well, who would not want that?

vCash
    The Flyers will not trade Jeff Carter. They almost made that mistake last year and look what he has done this year. He has proven what he can do, you dont trade 35 goals away, Holmgren is smart enough to know that.

On the other hand, there are a few possible deals that could happen with J-Bo and Philly. One would be to deal J-Bo to us for James van Riemsdyk and Danny Briere. You get a #2 overall pick and top prospect in addtion to the much needed offense help and a point a game player in Briere. We love Briere in Philly but we have been winning without him and he is known to be available especially with the emergence of Claude Giroux. The other possible deal is James van Riemsdyk, Joffrey Lupul, and Randy Jones or Ryan Parent. In this deal you get a top prospect, a proven 20-30 goal scorer in Lupul and a good young defensemen. I personally would like to keep Parent because he is 20 and a shutdown Defender but I would pull the trigger on that trade.

If Florida rejects both of these offers I would move on. There are other teams who would accept either deal of this quality. J-Bo would absolutely be the top choice but other solid D can be had for less prices...Dan Hamhuis, Niclas Havelid, etc.

As a Flyers fan, I just hope if we give up JVR. J-Bo signs with us long term. He has stated his deisre to play in a hockey town. Philly offers him that and a good young team with players his age. Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Giroux, Coburn, Lupul, Sbisa.

vCash
    I hope we dont trade carter. If anyone is giving to the panthers i hope it would be one or some of these guys lupul/hartnell/jones/jvr

vCash
    Maybe it will be like Lupul,Hartnell,Upshall,& Knuble.

vCash
    All for J-Bo? I would do that, but would Philly?

vCash
    I think so,Philly really wants a top D.

vCash
    I would do it in a heartbeat, BranWingss, what can we do with Boynton now?

vCash
    Possibly trade Boynton,&2nd Round Pick to The Coyotes for Jovi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Maybe it will be like Lupul,Hartnell,Upshall,& Knuble.
    i would take that trade but Hartnell or Knuble would have to stay need one of them on the PP keep Knuble like Hartnell but Knuble dont go to the box as much

vCash
    Maybe Hartnell. I don't see Knuble wanting to lead, he said he doesn't want to so he'd just resign in the summer

vCash
    JBO is leaving and florida will get nothing or The panthers will take Lupul and either Jones or carle from the Flyguys.

vCash
    I would try getting Upshall,Lupul&Coburn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast