Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Coyotes to deal Jokinen & Morris?

Coyotes to deal Jokinen & Morris?
    Though he has never appeared in a playoff game in an NHL career that began in 1997-98, it's expected Phoenix Coyotes center Olli Jokinen will be dealt. And look for the Coyotes to try to peddle defenseman Derek Morris, who will be an unrestricted free agent this summer. Morris wants a multi-year pact, but the Coyotes are offering one year.
    Toronto Sun

vCash
    i cant see this happening for jokinen... i can see morris leaving but not olli

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    The coyotes roster doesn’t matter until Gretzky is gone as a coach. Greatest hockey player ever no doubt but he is just a bad coach making way too much money! Gretzky earns between $7-million and $8-million per year on a five-year contract, or more than seven times the average annual salary for an NHL head coach...just ridiculous for a man who has put Todd Fedoruk on the first line! He just hired all his buddies as assistants and they rarely let linemates play together for long before they shuffle them again nobody has time to get acclimated to one another. I’m tired of this team not making the playoffs Gretzky should do the honorable thing and step down or at least take a massive pay cut and get him down into the "average" range (about 6 to 7 Million dollars less per year) He makes way too much for a team that is struggling so bad financially and could use that money on a nice player or two but no they are strapped with the greatest hockey player ever as a well below average coach.

vCash
    I can see both leaving.

vCash
    Honestly, Morris seems much more reliable to be moved. He has value to a contender not looking to pay big for Bouwmeester, Kaberle, Neidermeyer, or Pronger. As to Jokinen, any team needing help on the second line should make a run for him.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    There is talk that Derek Morris is coming back to Calgary. From a Phoenix fans perspective, what are you guys seeking in return?

cynomatic is offline spɹoʍ ɯopuɐɹ ǝɯos pɐǝɹ
    vCash
    You would think Phoneix would expect to get a pick and or prospects

vCash
    Send them both to Calgary. I don't know how we'd get them under cap, but the Flames are looking for both a top line centerman and a good dman.

To Flames:
    Olli Jokinen
    Derek Morris

To Coyotes:
    Matthew Lombardi
    Eric Nystrom
    Kris Chucko
    Leland Irving
    Adam Pardy
    1st rounder in 09

Chucko is a former first rounder
    Irving is better than Montoya and will never get to play with Kipper here.
    Pardy is a young project that plays regularly and his a big boy on the backend.
    Nystrom is a young grinder who play regularly.
    Lombardi has amazing skill but can't put it together. Maybe a change of scenary will get him going.

vCash
    I'd say take out Nystom and Pardy and throw in Boyd and another minor league defenseman or draft pick. It sounds like Phoenix want to build with prospects and draft picks anyway. The flames have enough dept in the farm system they can afford to get rid of a few guys and give them a shot in the bigs. I don't think a first round pick would be worth it if we were handing over all those guys, maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder. I do agree that Lombardi needs to go.

vCash
    Well we got the main guy Jokinen.

FlamesFanatic... why don't you post in teh Flames forum, there's only a few of us in there and we would love some more members!