Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mchl_wrrn View Post
    What about Derrick Thomas??? He changed the game.
    Also Sharpe, Carter, should be first ballots-the voters didn't get this right.
    Derrick Thomas was inducted this year.

vCash
    This thread technically sums up all, if not almost all the debates in this entire forum when you think about it.

vCash
    Chris Carter should have been a first ballot HOFer

vCash
    Sorry for bumpind an old thread, I didn't want to create the same topic. There's alot of players who should be in the HOF. Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Ray Guy, Jim Plunkett, and many others.

vCash
    Jerry Kramer still needs to get in. I get sick of seeing some of these old players get bumped because the voters don't want too many guys from one team in the hof. That's crap, it's an individual award and if their play warrants it they should get in. These old guys pass away and then a year or two later they get a posthumous entry into the HoF. Let them enjoy what they deserve when they are still alive.

I'd even like to see them do away with the limit per year, cap the wait time to like 25 years and on that last year have a final yes or no vote.

Just call me Von, that way we'll both feel less stupid about it.

vCash
    LC Greenwood

vCash
    Ken Stabler and Ray Guy

Al Davis. Love him or hate him, respect him for what he did for the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vonshnoopy View Post
    Jerry Kramer still needs to get in. I get sick of seeing some of these old players get bumped because the voters don't want too many guys from one team in the hof. That's crap, it's an individual award and if their play warrants it they should get in. These old guys pass away and then a year or two later they get a posthumous entry into the HoF. Let them enjoy what they deserve when they are still alive.

I'd even like to see them do away with the limit per year, cap the wait time to like 25 years and on that last year have a final yes or no vote.
    Von..dead on here.. Kramer was one of the best lineman in football...period... And I'm sick of the limitations for the "good of the hall". If they really wanted to vote for the "good of the hall", the back room deals wouldn't be made between sponsors and sportswriters to get the requisite votes for election, it would just be if you were one of the best in the game when you played the game...

Great post...

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Guy and Tasker.

End the farce that STers like that don't belong.

Unleash the beast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Guy and Tasker.

End the farce that STers like that don't belong.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Ray Guy is the most egregious omission from any Hall of Fame...anywhere.

-Stork
    Agreed. Ray Guy Dominated field position with his hangtime and placement. When you're the best to play a position you should get post-career recognition.
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    After Carter got in this year, now the 1st 2 guys that come to mind that belong in are Will Shields and Ray Guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    +1

Agreed. Ray Guy Dominated field position with his hangtime and placement. When you're the best to play a position you should get post-career recognition.
    I agree with this 100%. If you are the best ever at your position then you belong in the Hall of Fame. Period.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123