Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    One thing I am tired of -- is the talking point that's going around that Obama's cutting the defense budget when he's actually proposing an increase from Bush's record $514B budget up to $537B.

    While that's insanely high during hard economic times, I'm just seriously sick of hearing flat-out lies getting repeated 24/7 by the talking heads.
    I'm tired of people saying bush didn't do this/or that, then having to dig up articles and videos directly proving otherwise.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,033
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    hmm? I must have imagined this:

    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3591016&page=1

    I don't have to dig deep at all, it's right on top of a soapbox. For this administration, they don't grandstand with military strategy. In case you missed it, obama was in arizona today talking about foreclosure. there was a general in the pentagon giving the briefing on Afghanistan.

    your argument would be valid if it was true or fact based at and harder to completely disprove.
    Ah you got me. Good job. In other news, so it's ok to grandstand for foreclosers or for the economy or anything else but if you don't do it for the Military it's ok. But if you do it for the military but don't do it for other things, well then you are ****ed. You know how ****ing ridiculous that sounds?


    Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

  3. 02-18-2009, 08:46 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

  4. 02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
    Reason
    Response to Baiting

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,581
    vCash
    1500
    Why is it wrong for the president to speak about military matters? He's the Commander in Chief.

    Absurd point PHX.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Why is it wrong for the president to speak about military matters? He's the Commander in Chief.

    Absurd point PHX.
    It's not wrong at all. It's just a blowhard move to thump your chest on this issue only. In case you guys haven't payed attention, Obama is out dealing with all issues, not just one that his base falsely believes is his strong suit. It's nice to have a president focusing on everything, relying on expertise, deferring to that expertise, and not grandstanding on one issue. Valid point

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,581
    vCash
    1500
    I don't see how Bush trying to gain support for his actions in Iraq is a "blowhard move" or "chest beating" or anything like that.

    About grandstanding on an issue....isn't that what Obama just did to get the stimulus passed? Hasn't he been pretty focused on that one issue?

    I have no clue what you're talking about Soxfan. If you could point out to me how the link you posted about GW was an example of "grandstanding and chest thumping" and Obama's speech on the economy wasn't....I'm all ears. Because both examples look like the same exact thing. A president trying to gain public approval for a plan he supports. I fail to see anything wrong with it on either side.

    And, on the subject of the Afghanistan surge. By not mentioning it, it seems to me that Obama kind of wants to sweep it under the rug. Like I said, he's the Commander in Chief...this is one of the main aspects of his job.
    Last edited by gcoll; 02-20-2009 at 03:25 AM.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    It's not wrong at all. It's just a blowhard move to thump your chest on this issue only. In case you guys haven't payed attention, Obama is out dealing with all issues, not just one that his base falsely believes is his strong suit. It's nice to have a president focusing on everything, relying on expertise, deferring to that expertise, and not grandstanding on one issue. Valid point
    So I guess letting Pelosi and Reid write up the stimulus is relying on expertise




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Santa Cruz/Tracy
    Posts
    1,260
    vCash
    1500
    Sending troops in the right direction to find the terrorists and possibly bin laden. Wow its been a long 8 years LOL

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoA's View Post
    Sending troops in the right direction to find the terrorists and possibly bin laden. Wow its been a long 8 years LOL
    Haha that's funny ****. Question, mods. Are new posters allowed to just copy and paste from Moveon.org talking memos, or do they have to come up with original material?
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •