Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Obama Approves Afghanistan Surge

Breaking News: President Obama has approved a significant troop increase for Afghanistan, Pentagon officials say.
    cnn.com

At least he did something right today after signing that horrific stimulus into law.

vCash
    Ha ... horrific

Yea, I've seen that the troop level increase is for between 10k and 17k troops.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Ha ... horrific

Yea, I've seen that the troop level increase is for between 10k and 17k troops.
    I'm not sure where those troops are coming from, but this is good news.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Diverting from a deployment to Iraq.

vCash
    Well I suppose this is some good news conservatives can finally appreciate.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigleyboy25 View Post
    cnn.com

At least he did something right today after signing that horrific stimulus into law.
    exactly, fantastic move by our President after a huge blunder

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    war monger.

vCash
    Leave Iraq, more in Afghanistan...

Did you people actaully think he was bringing the troops home?! Haha...

vCash
    How dare you call anything Obama has done a blunder Wrigs

But seriously why this has not bothered more people is beyond me..........the fact these folks voted on something they did not even get a chance to read is pitiful.

Why it does not bother more people on both sides of the aisle will remain a mystery to me for some time.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Wow -- people continue to stick with the notion that "nobody" read the stimulus legislation.

OK, everybody, you all do realize that this is virtually the same legislation that they had been debating for weeks prior to it's eventual passing. It's actually a smaller piece of legislation than the original package that was passed by the US House a couple weeks ago.

This is a completely inane talking point. We all know what was in the bill -- there are numerous websites devoted to it. You're really going to continue to say that nobody got "a chance to read" it?

It's really just an attempt to undermine the legitimacy of Obama and congressional Democrats.

And, I'm not sure you can call Obama's stimulus plan a "blunder." He campaigned on the idea of getting stimulus legislation through congress. He passed it -- seems like less a blunder and more of a fulfillment of a campaign promise.

Oh yea, and the voters are happy about it. And, the voters are happier with Democratic members in congress; nearly twice as much as congressional Republicans.

I guess that's probably because the majority of people voted for them.

vCash
    What a surprise
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    It's nice to see military decisions not being touted with an evening address to the nation. There's no need for a president to thump his chest on these issues in a grandstanding manner. Just let the general make the statement and move on with the plan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    It's nice to see military decisions not being touted with an evening address to the nation. There's no need for a president to thump his chest on these issues in a grandstanding manner. Just let the general make the statement and move on with the plan.
    Are you kidding me? He's on tv all the time. And when bush had his surge he didn't do it over the evening address either. You really are digging in deep in your hatred for Bush, when you have to accuse him of grandstanding.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Are you kidding me? He's on tv all the time. And when bush had his surge he didn't do it over the evening address either. You really are digging in deep in your hatred for Bush, when you have to accuse him of grandstanding.
    One thing I am tired of -- is the talking point that's going around that Obama's cutting the defense budget when he's actually proposing an increase from Bush's record $514B budget up to $537B.

While that's insanely high during hard economic times, I'm just seriously sick of hearing flat-out lies getting repeated 24/7 by the talking heads.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    hmm? I must have imagined this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3591016&page=1

I don't have to dig deep at all, it's right on top of a soapbox. For this administration, they don't grandstand with military strategy. In case you missed it, obama was in arizona today talking about foreclosure. there was a general in the pentagon giving the briefing on Afghanistan.

your argument would be valid if it was true or fact based at and harder to completely disprove.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast