Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 377 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 2773273673753763773783793874274778771377 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,655 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

Fraser scores.

5-0. God its great to be home again.

Hawks win 6-2.

Yes, and I would like to thank Brouwer for proving you wrong and me right! Not bad, just inconsistent and he has some things to work on! Nice game by him tonight

aaahh... feels good to watch that!

gotta love goals with 4 seconds left too!!!! whoooooh! Too bad sharpie got hurt, didn't look too good. hopefully his MRI comes back showing no structural damage. It will be very interesting to see what dale will do if sharpie ends up being out for a while.

btw, how great did buff look tonight

Nice win by the Blackhawks tonight.

Huet played solid in the first two but got sloppy in the third. First goal you can't blame anyone but the defense, and the second goal is on Huet because he got sloppy. Nice game overall

Good to see the Blackhawks with a lot of jump.

Wiz and Byfuglien both came back and played very physical games.

Like I have said...this is why you don't sit young guys like Kane and Toews. Whoever made a case for that is crazy. They combined for five points tonight (Toews 3 and Kane 2) They are working their kinks out, let them be.

Great game by Havlat tonight. He is really turning it on and playing well, definitely one of the most consistent Blackhawks throughout the whole season.

Great game by Brouwer tonight. He brought some intensity to the table and played hard till the very end. Good to see him get a good game under his belt.

Let's hope that Sharp is okay and that knee-to-knee just looked a whole lot worse than it was.

agreed about sharps injury... but it kind of reminded me of toews injury last year. was just a little tweak of the knee that turned out worse than thought. i'm going to say at the very least, sharp doesnt play for the next few games.

if that is the case, who's getting the call from rockford?

This won't happen. Pittsburgh doesn't have enough cap space. Pittsburgh is actually looking at Martin St. Louis and Milan Hejduk. Anyways, the Hawks need a veteran or two, not another young player.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    agreed about sharps injury... but it kind of reminded me of toews injury last year. was just a little tweak of the knee that turned out worse than thought. i'm going to say at the very least, sharp doesnt play for the next few games.

if that is the case, who's getting the call from rockford?
    If Sharp is going to be out for a while, I think Pelletier or Skille will be called up.

sharp hurt

day to day...wont join hawks on road trip. the public from what i gather wont know until monday what the injury is.

I don't disagree with ya boom but the law of averages for either guy getting ijured playing hockey in the NHL probably arn't that different over a 3 year period. Staal being younger and bigger dosn't dramatically lower that number for him, crazy stuff happens. Everybody runs the risk of injury. You can factor in lingering injuries but you can't really account for a future one in signing a player. Now that Sharp is dinged up I really wonder if this will happen. Hopefully it won't be a major injury because I wouldn't mind the deal going down. I also wouldn't mind seeing Havlat sticking around

If he's out for a long time, the this will really hurt the Hawks. Hopefully he is just day-to-day.

Quote Originally Posted by masseycubs View Post
    This won't happen. Pittsburgh doesn't have enough cap space. Pittsburgh is actually looking at Martin St. Louis and Milan Hejduk. Anyways, the Hawks need a veteran or two, not another young player.
    Maybe we can package some young guys like Barker & Kontiola with Havlat for Staal & one of their D-men. The Hawks want a physical D-men & maybe they can get him in a deal with Pittsburgh. Just b/c Havlat is having a good season doesn't mean we should lock him up long term. Guys do this all the time. They're injury prone guys who play less than half the season & then when their contract year is here, they have career years & teams shell out the big bucks to get 'em. And then the next year, they go right back to where they were. Staal will be really good for years to come & still is getting better. If I'm the Hawks, I'd do everything I can to get this done ASAP.

and if Pelletier or Skille are called up it will do us no good in replacing Sharp, we would be in trouble.

How can you say that the Pens don't have the cap space, and then go on to say that they are looking at St. Louis who only makes .725 less than Havlat. Go to nhlnumbers.com and check it out. The Penguins definitely have the cap space for a guy like Havlat. They have 4.885 million in available cap space (With Gonchar back on, they actually have only about 3.2 or so million, because they havent sent a D man down to the AHL on nhlnumbers.com yet) and 3.2 million is more than enough to take on Havlat's contract for the end of the year, as he would only count about 2.0 million against the cap at this point, and they would be shedding the rest of Staal's contract. Pittsburgh has the cap space.

That is fine if everyone thinks that Havlat won't be injured, but honestly just look at his past record. The guy is made of glass. From 2005/2006 to 2007/2008, his highest game total played for a season was 56. When you sign a "superstar" to a big long term contract, you better hope he isn't injury prone. Let's just face it, Havlat is injury prone, I don't know how anyone can dispute that. Funny how everyone forgets that we paid Havlat 6 million for 3 seasons and have gotten only about 2 seasons worth on that contract. I love what Havlat is doing this year, but with the Cap era, I think this could be a risky move.

I dont like this one bit ... lol.

Hopefully He is back soon.