Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -PRIMETIME- View Post
    I think that question is impossible to answer but that the checks weren't ment to fix like you are saying...more to just stimulate, or keep people in high spirits...

and people got checks right after Bush was elected into office his first term...
    That was a tax rebate for FY 2001 -- not a stimulus check.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    The government recovery page i have been ranting about is up now.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -PRIMETIME- View Post
    well...alright...

I think you are kinda getting off topic and going into a debate on Bush and the economy during his time there...

I was just trying to relate this to getting checks...
    No, I think it's meant to show that we needed something to jumpstart the economy because we've had about 13 months of downward momentum after about 8 years of utter stagnation.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Why would it matter if we get to read it? The fact the folks that voted on it did not get a chance to bothers me more than anything else at this point.

We have a new fear monger in office........just a different fear this go around.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Randy -- they read it. It's that simple. I responded more in depth in the other thread. But, it's virtually the same bill it was before -- it's virtually the same bill it was two weeks ago, only with less spending in certain areas.

It's still a bill where tax cuts make up a third of the total cost (among the largest tax cuts in history).

But, they still read it. If Boehner didn't get a chance to read it personally -- it's because he was too busy orchestrating theatrics.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    But, they still read it. If Boehner didn't get a chance to read it personally -- it's because he was too busy orchestrating theatrics.
    You said Boehner :Beavis&Butthead:

Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Randy -- they read it. It's that simple. I responded more in depth in the other thread. But, it's virtually the same bill it was before -- it's virtually the same bill it was two weeks ago, only with less spending in certain areas.

It's still a bill where tax cuts make up a third of the total cost (among the largest tax cuts in history).

You are really placing too much faith in our government to do the right thing.

I should expect it at this point I guess
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    You are really placing too much faith in our government to do the right thing.

I should expect it at this point I guess
    I know we all "forgot" that the government can be effective thanks to the last 8 years of Bush and some choice moments of Clinton. But this is exactly when the government can shine. Since the 1930s, the government has been quick to act to prevent crazy economic fluctuations that plagued us for the 60 years prior.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    I am just stuck here hoping it works like the rest of us Ari

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    I am just stuck here hoping it works like the rest of us Ari
    It's a pretty large group of us.

If this fails, the nation's in big trouble. Luckily, the chances of that are very small. It would have to entail some sort of foreign player (China?) deciding to dump debt at our doorstep. And that would basically bankrupt them and us.

vCash
    Well I am of the opinion that we are in big trouble now........sure it could get worse. Could the money that was spent have been spent better.......that is what I wonder??

If given a little more time and effort things could have been better this go around.

I have time to read through it.........well I will have time if the boss man shuts down all operations in California.......I should know about that fairly soon I would imagine.
    Last edited by Randy West; 02-18-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123