Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

New Hampshire declares Sovereignty?

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...9/HCR0006.html

A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles.

Whereas the Constitution of the State of New Hampshire, Part 1, Article 7 declares that the people of this State have the sole and exclusive right of governing themselves as a free, sovereign, and independent State; and do, and forever hereafter shall, exercise and enjoy every power, jurisdiction, and right, pertaining thereto, which is not, or may not hereafter be, by them expressly delegated to the United States of America in congress assembled; and

Whereas the Constitution of the State of New Hampshire, Part 2, Article 1 declares that the people inhabiting the territory formerly called the province of New Hampshire, do hereby solemnly and mutually agree with each other, to form themselves into a free, sovereign and independent body-politic, or State, by the name of The State of New Hampshire; and

Whereas the State of New Hampshire when ratifying the Constitution for the United States of America recommended as a change, “First That it be Explicitly declared that all Powers not expressly & particularly Delegated by the aforesaid are reserved to the several States to be, by them Exercised;” and

Whereas the other States that included recommendations, to wit Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island and Virginia, included an identical or similar recommended change; and

Whereas these recommended changes were incorporated as the ninth amendment, the enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people, and the tenth amendment, the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people, to the Constitution for the United States of America; now, therefore, be it

The Tenth Amendment restates the Constitution's principle of Federalism by providing that powers not granted to the National government nor prohibited to the states are reserved to the states and to the people.

Looks like there are number of states following NH lead.

http://community.marketwatch.com/gro...re-sovereignty

Can anybody confirm if any of this is true?

vCash
    Well, the Federal government is still the supreme government body in the United States and will have power over any state.

vCash
    http://axiomamuse.wordpress.com/2009...federal-power/

Key, R-Oklahoma City, said he thinks many federal laws violate the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which states the powers not delegated to the federal government “are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.” The Constitution lists about 20 duties required of the federal government.
    “We, the people in the states, created the federal government,” Key said. “They act like they created us and we’re under their authority, and that’s really not the case.”

What’s proposed?

Key’s resolution states the federal government should “cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated powers.” A resolution is a formal expression of opinion, will or intention voted by legislators.
    “It’s to help try to get us back to following the Constitution and try to preserve our constitutional form of government,” Key said. “The federal government continues to violate it more and more. It’s gotten so bad that they pretty much do whatever they want and get away with just about anything they want to get away with.”

Hmmmm... of course the mainstream media won't say word about this.

I wonder if any of this is true?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas View Post
    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...9/HCR0006.html

The Tenth Amendment restates the Constitution's principle of Federalism by providing that powers not granted to the National government nor prohibited to the states are reserved to the states and to the people.

Looks like there are number of states following NH lead.

http://community.marketwatch.com/gro...re-sovereignty

Can anybody confirm if any of this is true?
    And so what? They're not breaking away. They're simply reaffirming their state's legislative rights. There's nothing new about this. Several states are actually "commonwealths" and not really "states"
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Article 1, Section 8, Clause 18

The Congress shall have Power - To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

This is known as the elastic clause and it allows the Federal Government to do basically anything they want. They are still subject to judicial review, but it does give them a ton of flexibility in laws.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 3 : The Congress shall have power . . . To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes.

Congress has also used the commerce clause to legislate more specific areas, although Judicial review again sometimes prohibits them from doing this. Quite often though, Congress is able to pass issue-specific legislation under the veil of the commerce clause. This coupled with the elastic clause make it fairly easy for Congress to legislate in conflict with some states "sovereignty."

vCash
    http://www.mrstep.com/politics/az-wa...g-sovereignty/

what the hell?

21 States Claiming Sovereignty: AZ, AL, AK, AR, CA, CO, GA, HI, ID, IN, KS, ME, MI, MO, MT, NH, NV, OK, PA, TX, & WA

The Republic of Texas
    http://www.texasrepublic.info/

I wonder how this could play out in the future... Texas is the only state that is a Republic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday_Dallas View Post
    http://www.mrstep.com/politics/az-wa...g-sovereignty/

what the hell?

21 States Claiming Sovereignty: AZ, AL, AK, AR, CA, CO, GA, HI, ID, IN, KS, ME, MI, MO, MT, NH, NV, OK, PA, TX, & WA

The Republic of Texas
    http://www.texasrepublic.info/

I wonder how this could play out in the future... Texas is the only state that is a Republic.
    How does it feel to be you?
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    See how both letters are capitalized?

That means they're not really sovereign.

vCash
    Hey DD, thanks for brightening my day.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

RIP Jesse Helms

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Hey DD, thanks for brightening my day.
    Anytime.

vCash
    HA!!!

Finally a little media attention on the subject. MAINSTREAM MEDIA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8b8VhAfiAc
    Glenn Beck, "Live Free or Die: New Hampshire, Leading the Revolution? Secession!?"

maybe it's a subject worth discussing after all? Of course I'm not a big fan of Fox News, but they're discussing it too.

It seems like the resoultion is made in case Martial Law happens.

vCash
    Glenn Beck? Seriously? That man is in ****ing orbit. He's psychotic.

So, last week I was listening to his radio show while I was out (I generally listen to conservative talk radio when I'm in the car because it's at least entertaining -- the radio in Des Moines leaves much to be desired). So, Glenn Beck is on and he was commenting on Obama's Monday night presser. And, he's going on and on about how Obama is really intelligent, and over-informs in his answers, and how he (Glenn Beck personally) is a lot like Obama -- because he (Glenn Beck) is intelligent and over-informs on answers.

The next day (I was out again), and Glenn Beck says that Obama is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

See what I mean ... entertaining.

Oh, and really nuts.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post

So, last week I was listening to his radio show while I was out (I generally listen to conservative talk radio when I'm in the car because it's at least entertaining, awesome and I love to piss off PHX -- the radio in Des Moines leaves much to be desired). So, Glenn Beck is on and he was commenting on Obama's Monday night presser. And, he's going on and on about how Obama is really intelligent, and over-informs in his answers, and how he (Glenn Beck personally) is a lot like Obama -- because he (Glenn Beck) is intelligent and over-informs on answers.

The next day (I was out again), and Glenn Beck says that Obama is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

See what I mean ... entertaining.

Oh, and really nuts.
    Fixed for accuracy.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash

Oh, and since PHX has been absent from the site for a number of days (or at least this specific forum), the duration of this agreement has been increased another week as per my discretion.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Well I could care less about Glenn Beck or Fox News for that matter... but it's more about the state representative Dan Itse in this video.

I guess it's just about reminding the Federal Governmnet that the States have the power, not them.

I don't know what all this means, or what it could lead to, but I thought this part of the conversation was interesting....

Glenn: Is New Hapshire going to take any of the stimulous money?

Dan: I don't have controll over that right now, the Democrats are in the majority, and WE'RE IN A BUDGET DEFICIT, and I suspect if anything comes are way it's going to be snagged up,

Glenn: So then they're buying you off?

Dan: They're bribing us with our own money

Glenn: So that line in the sand doesn't really mean anything?

Dan: Well, the issue at had is declaring Martial Law or a state of emergency without the connsent of that sate's Government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast