Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Do'h Obama messup/mistruth

As some of you know yesterday Obama said Caterpillar would start hiring again, if the stimulus is passed.

Not so fast we actually will lay more off regardless

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...terpillar.html

D'oh! Caterpillar CEO Contradicts President on Whether Stimulus Will Allow Him to Re-Hire Laid Off Workers

February 12, 2009 6:16 PM

EAST PEORIA, ILL. -- President Obama today repeated the claim we asked about yesterday at the press briefing that Jim Owens, the CEO of Caterpillar, Inc., "said that if Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off."

Caterpillar announced 22,000 layoffs last month.

But after the president left the event, Owens said the exact opposite

Asked if the stimulus package would be able to stop the 22,000 layoffs or not, Owens said, "I think realistically no. The truth is we're going to have more layoffs before we start hiring again"

"It is going to take some time before that stimulus bill" means re-hiring, he said.

Owens supports the stimulus plan, but said it would take some time to have an impact on his industry and "is a little light on the heavy construction."

- jpt

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Big thing is Obama said twice on two different days they'd rehire.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Big thing is Obama said twice on two different days they'd rehire.
    "It's going to take some time before that stimulus bill" means rehiring -- as in the money needs to start rolling first.

This one's a non-story.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    "It's going to take some time before that stimulus bill" means rehiring -- as in the money needs to start rolling first.

This one's a non-story.
    I imagine that will be his defense, he'll come out with something like I meant they would start rehiring after the stimulus was injected. Still, I imagine it gave a lot of false hope to those laid off.

Major props to rdwilliamson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post

This one's a non-story.
    How do you figure. Obama said yesterday that Cat would be able to rehire some of those people. That's exactly what they said. Not well this will help in 2 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    I imagine that will be his defense, he'll come out with something like I meant they would start rehiring after the stimulus was injected. Still, I imagine it gave a lot of false hope to those laid off.
    Exactly, it sounded a lot like we'll this will help immediatly, and never once said well they are going to lay off more regardless.

vCash
    WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama says Caterpillar's chief executive has told him the company will rehire some laid-off workers if the stimulus bill passes.

The heavy equipment maker announced more than 22,000 job cuts last month as it scales back production amid the economic slowdown.

During a visit to a transportation construction site just outside Washington in Springfield, Va., on Wednesday, Obama urged Congress to pass the bill.

The House and Senate are working out differences between competing versions of the legislation.

Obama said Caterpillar's CEO has told him that if the stimulus bill passes he would be able to rehire some of those employees.

Obama is to speak with some of those workers on Thursday when he visits a Caterpillar manufacturing plant in Peoria, Ill.

You are at the plant, and you just got laid off or you are next to be laid off, and you hear that. Guess what you think, super some of us are going back to work in a few weeks. Or if you are next in the line, you say SUPER THIS SAVES MY JOB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Exactly, it sounded a lot like we'll this will help immediatly, and never once said well they are going to lay off more regardless.
    That's been the consenus since Obama won the election is that things would get better right away. Even by his own admission Obama said things would get worse before they got better and this could last well past his first term. Everything including the majority in Congress to the white house is riding on the stimulus working.

vCash
    The consensus of whom? I don't remember anybody saying that things were going to get better overnight when Obama was elected, or even inaugurated.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    The consensus of whom? I don't remember anybody saying that things were going to get better overnight when Obama was elected, or even inaugurated.
    A lot of the people who voted for him did.

vCash
    Here's that term again -- "a lot." A lot isn't a number -- and I don't know of anybody that felt that things would get better overnight. If they did, they might be mildly ********.

Nope, the only people that I've seen claim that things were supposed to get better immediately are conservatives -- in an attempt to discredit Obama as early as they can.

vCash
    the whole get better immediately isn't the point of this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SmthBluCitrus View Post
    Here's that term again -- "a lot." A lot isn't a number -- and I don't know of anybody that felt that things would get better overnight. If they did, they might be mildly ********.

Nope, the only people that I've seen claim that things were supposed to get better immediately are conservatives -- in an attempt to discredit Obama as early as they can.
    No, there are scores of people who voted for him thinking things would get better right away due to a change in policy and the removal of Bush. There's a reason he has consistently said it won't get turned around overnight, to keep those who believe it off his ***.

vCash

Then, it's hardly his fault that they believed it, huh? I'm sticking with the mildly ******** defense -- and the conservative defense.

"Oh is this the change we can believe in? More of the same?"

******* idiotic.

vCash
    Question and to get re focused.

How can Austria forget history something 80 years ago (yes to help push his agenda) and get villified.

But obama can point lie on what a CEO says and boom non issue, lets argue about something else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast