Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judd Gregg

vCash

Judd Gregg

He pulled his own nomination. Well at least this one was not because of taxes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    He pulled his own nomination. Well at least this one was not because of taxes
    Back to the drawing board.

Maybe he was just pissed off about losing the census.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Why nominate Republicans when they don't want the position and/or their "leadership" tells them not to take it? Talk about a bunch of crybabies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietWyatt View Post
    Why nominate Republicans when they don't want the position and/or their "leadership" tells them not to take it? Talk about a bunch of crybabies.
    why nominate democrats because they are just going to leave due to not paying taxes.

Talk about a bunch of tax cheats.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    why nominate democrats because they are just going to leave due to not paying taxes.

Talk about a bunch of tax cheats.
    Its Obama's tax plan, appoint people with tax problems so they get paid.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Please don't pretend Republicans have the moral highground on any given issue I think I'm getting sick...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietWyatt View Post
    Please don't pretend Republicans have the moral highground on any given issue I think I'm getting sick...
    Oh yes, we are all just horrid horrid people.

No moral high ground at all.

Don't get sick, because us republicans don't want you to get better either.

Also did you know Judd sighted Obama's very partisan handling of the stimulus as why he bowed out.

Come to psd where admitted dupes who do nothing but troll the gd and fs forum are free. But man don't you dare mention trolling on someone's wall.

vCash

Also did you know Judd sighted Obama's very partisan handling of the stimulus as why he bowed out.
    He cited the census as well. But that reason seemed to be some total BS to me.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash

Ok, two points here that I want to make.

First, thats a copout for Judd. He knew Obama was going to work to pass his own legislation. For Judd to act surprised at this is ridiculous, and its a completely political move. Not to mention, that when Judd agreed to be commerce secretary, that was a commitment to his President to a degree. And then in the first substantial legislation passed, Judd jumps ship. Obama could appoint all democrats to his cabinet, and instead, is trying to surround himself with people from both parties, and moves like this are an attempt to embarrass Obama. Its very childish. I am a democrat, but I try to not judge republicans except on merit. There is little merit in this move.

Second, the democrats won and won big in the past election. Republicans are being ridiculous right now for having very little control. So far, the democrats have not flexed their muscles politically. If republicans want to continue to unanimously vote no and be "the party of no," fine. You will start see democrats tire quickly of this **** and really become partisan. That was never the goal, but when the minority party wants to be dicks, thats what will happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkize31 View Post
    Ok, two points here that I want to make.

First, thats a copout for Judd. He knew Obama was going to work to pass his own legislation. For Judd to act surprised at this is ridiculous, and its a completely political move. Not to mention, that when Judd agreed to be commerce secretary, that was a commitment to his President to a degree. And then in the first substantial legislation passed, Judd jumps ship. Obama could appoint all democrats to his cabinet, and instead, is trying to surround himself with people from both parties, and moves like this are an attempt to embarrass Obama. Its very childish. I am a democrat, but I try to not judge republicans except on merit. There is little merit in this move.

Second, the democrats won and won big in the past election. Republicans are being ridiculous right now for having very little control. So far, the democrats have not flexed their muscles politically. If republicans want to continue to unanimously vote no and be "the party of no," fine. You will start see democrats tire quickly of this **** and really become partisan. That was never the goal, but when the minority party wants to be dicks, thats what will happen.
    Yes they won, def. But they are also the one's preaching bipartisanship, and you just said he is working to pass his "own" legislation. So it makes Judd's point valid, and correct.

vCash
    Yes they won, def. But they are also the one's preaching bipartisanship
    It doesn't get a lot more bipartisan than appointing republicans in the cabinet of a democratic president.

Or at least trying to...

And being bipartisan doesn't mean the president can't push legislation.

vCash
    It doesn't get a lot more bipartisan than appointing republicans in the cabinet of a democratic president.

Or at least trying to...

And being bipartisan doesn't mean the president can't push legislation.
    And judd didn't quite citing not enough republicans on the cabinet. He quit citing that the stimulus handling was not handled with bipartisanship. You your self said Obama is handling this with his own legislation thus validating Judd's point.

vCash
    And judd didn't quite citing not enough republicans on the cabinet. He quit citing that the stimulus handling was not handled with bipartisanship. You your self said Obama is handling this with his own legislation thus validating Judd's point.
    Come on. Hes a newly elected president in his first 100 days. Every new president gets some room to manuever in their first 100 days. If the fact that its "Obama's Bill" is actually the reason for Judd withdrawing, hes an idiot and doesn't understand how politics work. Every new president passes some legislation of their own.

vCash
    Come on. Hes a newly elected president in his first 100 days. Every new president gets some room to manuever in their first 100 days. If the fact that its "Obama's Bill" is actually the reason for Judd withdrawing, hes an idiot and doesn't understand how politics work. Every new president passes some legislation of their own.
    So it's picking and choosing the bipartisanship. Now he's got 100 free days to do so. I guess I missed that in the campaign.

vCash
    2 more things.

I think it's classy of Judd to say I embarrassed myself but hopefully didn't embarrass the president.

Secondly, I actually think Obama has been a bit bipartisan. Not to extent some think he's being, but he's given tax cuts, and other things when he really didnt' have to. I have my views on why he's doing that, but regardless he's done that.

You are the one who said Obama is doing what he wants and everyone should know he's going to do that, when I said Judd's reasoning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast