Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 379 of 2788 FirstFirst ... 2793293693773783793803813894294798791379 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 41807
    vCash
    I honestly think that Jack Skille will never be a top 6 forward for the Blackhawks. I say this and I hope I am proven wrong. I would love it if every guy we had reached their "potential". Maybe my "hate" for Skille comes from the fact that I wanted the Blackhawks to pick Kopitar with that 7th overall pick, but I have my other reasons.

Skille is lazy. I barely see him go into the corner and come out with the puck. He seems to be gliding at times and not fully pumping.

He is not good in the defensive end and that is going to kill his career until he gets it fixed.

Skille does not know how to finish. He has great speed but he never drives the net. He takes a shot from the outside hash marks that produces nothing.

Everyone says how great Skille looks at the AHL level. The difference between the AHL level and the NHL level is absolutely ridiculous. Brouwer had 79 points in 66 points at the AHL level and he isn't a top 6 forward at the NHL level. Skille hasn't even come close to those PPG in the AHL.

I don't think Skille will ever be a top six forward, but I hope I am proven wrong.

vCash
    The crazy thing is that the Oilers signed Vanek to an offer sheet for 7.143 million per year a couple years back. That would have been a lot of picks for him. Might have been worth it, might not have been. The Sabres could have Gagner right now + a lot more, but Vanek is great

vCash
    i dominate with him in 09

vCash
    yea but you cant judge how one guy is going to react to the higher level based on how another guy did. You can't compare skille to brouwer. I see brouwer as more of a scrap goal scoring type of guy, whereas skille will be a skilled stickhandling sniper type of guy. I havnt watched much minor league play, but it seems to me that brouwers style is more geared towards minor league action whereas guys like kaner are thriving at the nhl level. I'm not saying that skille will be like kane, but plays more like kane than brouw does.

Also, skille is pretty much playing by himself in the minors. he's got a few guys around him but not much. in the nhl, he would no longer be the focal point of the opposing defense, and might thrive with the creativity of everyone around him like kane, toews, versteeg, havlat, etc...

I'm taking the wait and see approach with skille. Everytime he's been up, he hasnt really been given a full opportunity. its always been a week audition, and i've been in those situations before, its not easy. When a team finally puts trust in you, the game becomes much easier and you play better. So hopefully they give him a legitimate chance at some point so we can see what he's truly made of.

vCash
    also boom, i know thats the same reason you hate barker too, because you wish that we took green or someone else in his place. And yes, hindsight is always 20/20... but you cant hate a guy cause he hasnt developed as quickly as someone else.

so did you hate seabrook a few years ago when he had like 12 guys drafted behind him making huge contributions? cause at this point right now, i'm sure that you wouldn't trade taking seabs for anyone else.

vCash
    I have always been fine with Seabrook because I saw potential in him.

I really don't see Barker being a top 4 dman in the league or Skille being a top 6 forward, just how it is in my eyes. I hope I am wrong but so far they haven't proven me wrong.

I just don't think that Skille can hack it at the NHL level. I am guessin we will find out soon enough.

vCash
    My personal opinion on skille is this, i live in peoria and went to the rockford vs peoria game last wed. and let me just say this he was by far the best player on the ice. Hes big and aggresive and skated alot better then i thought he could, plus he played a very physical game and i think people are going to be very surprised by him if they bring him up. Hes probally not a first or second line forward but i think he can be a third line forward now and a second line forward for many years to come.

vCash

Blackhawks vs. Lightning 2/17/09

Blackhawks open up a road trip in Tampa Bay. No Sharp and No Khabi. Let's get a fast start tonight.

vCash
    Ive got 50 bucks on this game straight up

Anyone know whos recalled?
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    We're gonna own Kari Ramo.

Why does Tampa wear white at home?

vCash
    Hawks go to the PP. Already some good chances.

vCash
    1-1

hawks have 16 shots to the lighting 2 shots.

vCash
    4:02 left 1-1

19 shots for the hawks!!!! nice
    2 shots for tampa....ouch

vCash
    that goal by keith was absolutely perfect!!! one of the prettiest goals i have seen this year.

When Kris Versteeg gives blood he declines the needle and asks for a handgun and a bucket.

vCash
    huet sucks....definetly wish bulin was healthy because every game with him in net we are going no where in the playoffs