Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 380 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 2803303703783793803813823904304808801380 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    since this was the bulin and niemi thread i figured i would put this here. I didn't realize that niemi is only under contract through this year... did anyone realize that?

that means that they will have to see what he's got at some point. they won't just let him go or resign him without seeing if he's got what it takes...

vCash
    Niemi is a RFA after this year so it isn't like he can just walk away. The Blackhawks will re-sign him/offer him a qualifying offer so either way he will be with the Blackhawks next year or we will get something for him. I expect him to be with the Blackhawks, it isn't like he is an UFA after this year.

vCash

Brian Campbell

I am in no means saying he is a bust, but I am a little disappointed with his play, he has not dominated and won too many games for us. Maybe my expectations were too hight, but I was hoping for higher output from him.

vCash
    Personally I like everything I read about him. I read that he's a good skater and a "grinder" type, and a good forechecker. Plus he's a former Badger so it sounds like to me Burish + speed = Skille. I dig it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    hawk is awesome! now with stone it will be great to watch on tv
    Oh man YEAH HE IS. Hawk is the man. just not as a Gm.... but yeah stoney should be great. better than DJ who was basically turning into a miny hawk, lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    How are you a White Sox fan and a St. Louis Cardinals fan...this is confusing, unless you are just an "anti-cubs" fan and through that take on the other two teams!
    No see. here is the story. i grew up as a sox fan. then my dad is from st. louis and same with that entire side of my family. it was only fitting i start rooting for them as well. that, and a hate for the cubs. lol

vCash
    This is a tough question because Im really torn. He really is the Hawks' version of Corey Patterson imo. Skille has the talent but he cant put it all together. He has the skills, speed, size, and shot. He has the potential to be real effective on the powerplay as well.

The only problems hes having is his defense, lack thereof, and his hockey intelligence. From what I hear hes always out of place on defense and has been known to kinda cherry pick and hope for that break away.

If he can improve his defense, which he has and I really believe his hockey sense will come, then he could actually fit very well on a top line with a playmaker like Kane.

But will this happen? Well if there is ever going to be a time, this is it. Sometimes injuries can ruin a teams chemistry and sometimes they can be a blessing. Lets hope Skille does get called up and takes advantage and finally proves he can play as a top six 2 way forward in the NHL.
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 02-16-2009 at 09:54 PM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    I am in no means saying he is a bust, but I am a little disappointed with his play, he has not dominated and won too many games for us. Maybe my expectations were too hight, but I was hoping for higher output from him.
    A bust? Lay off Michael Phelps' bong. Look at the top 5 highest paid d-men in the league and Campbell is playing the best (excluding Lidstrom).

What are all of you expecting from the man? Hes on a pace for 58 points and a plus 14. Hes having one of the best seasons in his career. Hes paid for his play making ability and thats what hes doing.
    Last edited by cubsbears1225; 02-16-2009 at 10:01 PM.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Niemi is a RFA after this year so it isn't like he can just walk away. The Blackhawks will re-sign him/offer him a qualifying offer so either way he will be with the Blackhawks next year or we will get something for him. I expect him to be with the Blackhawks, it isn't like he is an UFA after this year.
    yea, i'm not positive on what the compensations are if a team signs your RFA. i know the ducks got a bunch for edmonton for penner right? are there set compensations for RFA players or is it case by case basis... how does that all work?

vCash
    It all depends on how much you sign a guy for per year.

Amount Compensation Due

$863,156 or less None

$863,156 - $1,307,812 3rd round pick

$1,307,812 - $2,615,625 2nd round pick

$2,615,623 - $3,923,437 1st and 3rd round pick

$3,923,437 - $5,231,249 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick

$5,231,249 - $6,539,062 Two 1st's, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick

$6,539,062 or more Four 1st round picks

The amount is determined by taking the total compensation due in the Offer Sheet, and dividing by the number of years specified in the Offer Sheet, or five (5) - whichever is less.

vCash
    well, i'm not sure what to expect out of this guy. he's been a guy who's gonna put up the points throughout his career, but he lacks the hockey smarts and more importantly, the 2 way game.

in my mind, he needs to do two things to become successful at the nhl level. he needs to wake up and play with intensity when his team doesnt have the puck, and he needs to get TOUGH. He's been somewhat of a physical player throughout his life, but he needs to bring that every shift he plays. If he could go out and hit somebody every shift, and then use his speed to skate past him, then he will be great.

I hope that competition brings out the best in this kid, because there is a ton of it on this team. and if he falters in the face of competition, then he will not play much in the nhl in this organization. If he can get motivated and let the best of jack skille come out in every shift, then he could be great.

Skille can turn out one of two ways in my opinion. He will end up not making much of an impact and being a poor man's version of tuomo ruutu (as a hawk)... or, he will bust out and be a force in this league when it comes to scoring and physicallity in the same mold as someone like dustin brown. Oddly enough, I think it will be one or the other and no in between. Lets hope for DB version, but unfortunately it will probably be the other version that we will end up with...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    A bust? Lay off Michael Phelps' bong. Look at the top 5 highest paid d-men in the league and Campbell is playing the best (excluding Lidstrom).

What are all of you expecting from the man? Hes on a pace for 58 points and a plus 14. Hes having one of the best seasons in his career. Hes paid for his play making ability and thats what hes doing.
    Ok, look, I was not saying bust at all but I thought he would be more flashy, good point on the stats. I took a double hit on Phelps' bong, please forgive me.

vCash
    I think he can be really good for the Hawks. When they've brought him up he's played good. He just needs security. He needs to know that he's on the team to stay & that he's not gonna be shipped down when he has a bad game. That pressure can really screw up a guys play. Not knowing if he's gonna be on the team the next day or not. If the Hawks don't want to give him a REAL chance, then they should use him as part of a trade to get someone really good. Maybe add him to the Havlat/Staal trade, so we can get a D-man from Pittsburgh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNA110990 View Post
    I think he can be really good for the Hawks. When they've brought him up he's played good. He just needs security. He needs to know that he's on the team to stay & that he's not gonna be shipped down when he has a bad game. That pressure can really screw up a guys play. Not knowing if he's gonna be on the team the next day or not. If the Hawks don't want to give him a REAL chance, then they should use him as part of a trade to get someone really good. Maybe add him to the Havlat/Staal trade, so we can get a D-man from Pittsburgh.
    dude, there is no havlat/staal trade. it WILL not happen. first of all, the pens arent dumb enough to trade a bunch of talent for 2 month rental player AGAIN this year. they did it last year and that worked out for the playoff run but then bit them in the *** after the season, and they won't do it again... especially involving someone like staal. plus, if they got hossa for less than staal, then there is no chance in he ll that they give up staal for havlat.

for those of you that dont know... hossa>havlat

vCash
    i mean i voted for stanley cup, but thats the homerism in me. i would agree with ya'll on the western finals. that sounds good. i mean losing there would hurt but it would be one more giant step in the right direction