Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Khabi injured (day-to-day) Niemi Recalled from Rockford

Just looked on Blackhawks.com and it stated that G Nikolai Khabibulin was injured in last nights game vs. ATL and is day-to-day. It didn't state exactly what the problem might be, but we have recalled G Antti Neimi from the Rockford Icehogs.

http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=408968

I watched the game last night from start to finish, and I didn't see a thing
    This really upsets me because Khabi has clearly been our top goalie this year.

On the other hand, Last time Khabi went down Huet stepped up a lil bit, and showed he might actually be worth that contract Dale Tallon signed him for. I find it odd that we brought up Neimi (who I'm excited to see ) and not Corey Crawford.

Now, if Neimi brings his "A" game vs. Dallas on Valentine's Day, which if Coach Q keeps the rotation going will be his game (Huet vs. STL) do we even consider trading Corey Crawford to a team that might need a good, young, goalie prospect...(LA, EDM, PHX, COL, CGY, TOR, STL or TBL)

What are your thoughts Hawks fans...

vCash
    there is no way niemi plays if bulin is day to day. the only way niemi plays is if bulin cant come back for like 2-3 weeks. huet is paid to be a number one guy, and if we didnt sign huet, then bulin would play every game, and huet would do the same for another team. the guy can handle playing more than 2 games in a row, even if they are back to back nights.

dont get me wrong, i would like to see what niemi's got... but i just don't see it happening

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    there is no way niemi plays if bulin is day to day. the only way niemi plays is if bulin cant come back for like 2-3 weeks. huet is paid to be a number one guy, and if we didnt sign huet, then bulin would play every game, and huet would do the same for another team. the guy can handle playing more than 2 games in a row, even if they are back to back nights.

dont get me wrong, i would like to see what niemi's got... but i just don't see it happening
    agreed
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    agreed X 2

vCash
    If I remember correctly, when Khabi got injured and was day-to-day earlier this year,
    Corey Crawford was brought up from Rockford, but he didn't even touch the ice. Huet played a few games straight until the "WALL" was able to return.

So what's the reason for bringing up Neimi and not Crawford? I know Corey makes less money than Neimi, but wouldn't you say Crawford is a little bit more NHL ready?

Either way, something is gonna have to give because once Khabi is gone it's either gonna be Neimi or Crawford!

vCash
    This is just another reason why we may want to hold onto both goalies. Khabi's back could flare up at any point and we'd be screwed down the stretch without Huet. Not saying its worth having a 5 million dollar backup, but cut our losses and keep the tandem for awhile.

vCash
    I was pretty suprised to see Niemi get the call instead of Crawford. After thinking on it, Niemi has played really well in his last 2 or 3 starts including shutting out Peoria last night, who had Manny Legacy in net (1-0 win). I don't see him getting much if any ice time as long as Khabi isn't to dingged up like others have said. This might be as much of a reward for recent good play. Nieme has been really up anddown and has shown signs ofbeing really good but hisconfidence has been shaken a bit this season. Brining him up in a short term situation where he probably wont be required to win games for the Hawks may help his development. I stll think Crawford is the better goalie right now. Niemi might need a year or 2 more in the A to get to NHL rady status while I think Crawf has been ready for 2 years. Man I love having so many solid goaltenders, not many other teams can say that.

vCash
    They SHOULD let him play a game or two, so that they can see if he can be the backup for the Hawks next year or not. oOo, thought. What if the Hawks brought him up so he CAN play a game or two to see if he can play at the NHL level, so that they can trade Khabibulin before the deadline.

vCash
    Wasn't implying he wouldn't play at all, but he isn' in a position were he HAS to win a game by himself for the Hawks. That seems pretty reasonable, I just can't believe that the Hawks place him above Crawford. I've watched both guys a lot and Crawford is a more sure bet at the moment. We paid Niemi a lot but Crawf is better, don't kid yourselves. They could be seeing what they have in Niemi to gauge him and Crawf as potential trade bate as well.

vCash
    Id like to see Niemi Play a game, but probably wont happen just yet.

I DONT want to see Crawford leave. Id actually like to see him start a game before Niemi.

If I were a betting Man, Id say Huet plays both Friday & Saturday night
    Last edited by WillyBeamon; 02-12-2009 at 06:24 PM.

vCash
    fridays game is huets turn. i guess from reading everywhere it is minor what happened to his lower body. i doubt bulin misses more than 2 games.

niemi will not see action unless huet implodes imo. which against st louis huet should be just fine

vCash
    It's probably a deep bruise on his thigh or something that will heal quickly but is painful enough at the moment to need to give him a few days to get him back to top form.

vCash
    i was too lazy to open a new thread, and this one had bulin in it so figured i would post it here. according to ek, who i know no one likes:

"There are more reports out there that the Flyers have interest in Khabibulin. Again, I don't feel that the Hawks should make this trade, I think if you have a goalie that has won a Cup you play that goalie in the playoffs...However, I can confirm with relative certainty that the Flyers came pretty close to grabbing Khabibulin earlier in the season. The Hawks would definitely get a Flyers goalie back in the deal. I would not deal Biron who although he has stuggled at times has shown an ability to carry this team in last year's playoffs."

so if this almost happened earlier in the season, who do you think was involved and what do you think ended those talks? and also, if those talks re-open, who would you like to be involved on the other side?....

vCash
    Id like Scott Hartnell personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedCUBBIEblue View Post
    i was too lazy to open a new thread, and this one had bulin in it so figured i would post it here. according to ek, who i know no one likes:

"There are more reports out there that the Flyers have interest in Khabibulin. Again, I don't feel that the Hawks should make this trade, I think if you have a goalie that has won a Cup you play that goalie in the playoffs...However, I can confirm with relative certainty that the Flyers came pretty close to grabbing Khabibulin earlier in the season. The Hawks would definitely get a Flyers goalie back in the deal. I would not deal Biron who although he has stuggled at times has shown an ability to carry this team in last year's playoffs."

so if this almost happened earlier in the season, who do you think was involved and what do you think ended those talks? and also, if those talks re-open, who would you like to be involved on the other side?....
    bulin wont be dealt this year. but to play along i would want upshall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast