Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Hmm well i'm never humble so I didn't know that.

Well said BMD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Hi Ned,

I think I once said on the Dodger forum that no one who uses the letters IMHO, actually is humble in their opinion, and I include myself when I use the infamous IMHO.

As a teacher, which I am part time, I tell my classes that I do not claim to be the expert on most subjects, but I do have a talent of knowing who is. In the case of greatest presidents, I am in no way arguing with who YOU think is the greatest, but the almost universal opinion, is that Lincoln, Washington, and FDR are the greatest presidents that we have had, as shown by prior postings of experts. The latest and most current survey was from the CSPAN which was posted earlier with a link.. You might follow the link and see how these historians graded the presidents, and of equal importance, why they did.
    Interesting chart here, giving a broader survey of polls about the subject ...

vCash
    WSJ put Bush at 18 in 2005? Eek.

He might not have been 36th at the time, but he definitely was never an above-average president. Most of the people that I know who voted for him in 2004 did it with the "evil you know vs. evil you don't know" mantra. That's a far cry from above average.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    FDR through to Lyndon Johnson seems to be the golden age in terms of modern presidents. Can someone answer an uninformed question about the popularity of Eisenhower and Truman? Is it just the post WWII glow that affects their rankings?

vCash
    Truman's popularity has grown as the enormity of his tasks and how well he handled them has become better understood. From the successful ending of WWII to the the rebuilding of Europe, to the rebuilding of a civillian USA.

Ike's is based more on the building of the infrastructure of America in all aspects as well as the general understanding that he made a difficult world look easy.

vCash
    Ike's policies are those of modern-day Democrats. Not adverse to spending when necessary; aiming for stability. Ike got us out of Korea and built highways. I hope to see Obama get us out of Iraq and build bridges.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

vCash
    Amen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    Ike's policies are those of modern-day Democrats. Not adverse to spending when necessary; aiming for stability. Ike got us out of Korea and built highways. I hope to see Obama get us out of Iraq and build bridges.
    In every sense of the word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    In every sense of the word.
    qft -- I hadn't thought about that

Zep is offline Another Caucasian, Gary.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    qft -- I hadn't thought about that
    I remember back when I was a forum youngin and someone quoted something that I had said with "qft".

I had no idea what it meant at the time and thought that he was saying "quit ****ing talking".

Thanks to vick27m for the userbar.

A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678