Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Representative Steve Austria

So did you hear about this freshman GOP representative? We have been watching the revisionist view of FDR's successful dealing with the depression, by spending his way out of it in classical Keynesian manner, but this one has to be the topper. This member in good standing of with the GOP said that FDR caused the depression.

Well he finally worked out that the Great Depression began in 1929, whereas FDR was not elected until 1932. Of course I could be accused of making this up, so here is the link to his concession that he was wrong.

Way to go Representative Austria

vCash
    Pretty funny. Obviously a case of somebody trying to regurgitate talking points but not really knowing what the **** he's talking about.
    "Uhhh FDR... Uhhh Keynesian.... Uhhh Great Depression. Uhhh History."

vCash

I picture him saying that as though he's constipated.
    Когда́ де́ньги говоря́т, тогда́ пра́вда молчи́т

vCash
    First off it was hardly classical back then.

Secondly this ranks up their with Pelosi saying 500 million jobs are lost a week or day or what ever she said. One doesn't know history, the other doesn't know the population
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    First off it was hardly classical back then.

Secondly this ranks up their with Pelosi saying 500 million jobs are lost a week or day or what ever she said. One doesn't know history, the other doesn't know the population
    The classical refers to today, not at the time FDR was president. Since Keynes died in 1946 you are correct that it was not classical then.

The difference is that Pelosi, as wrong as she was in what she said, could not have really meant that number, this joker meant what he said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    The classical refers to today, not at the time FDR was president. Since Keynes died in 1946 you are correct that it was not classical then.

The difference is that Pelosi, as wrong as she was in what she said, could not have really meant that number, this joker meant what he said.
    Ehh maybe it's just me when I read about it yesterday I figured he meant didn't help get us out of the depression. But that was me just giving the benefit of the doubt.

vCash
    Ehh maybe it's just me when I read about it yesterday I figured he meant didn't help get us out of the depression. But that was me just giving the benefit of the doubt.
    Well this is the quote from the article.

he told The Dispatch editorial board: "When Roosevelt did this, he put our country into a Great Depression. ... He tried to borrow and spend, he tried to use the Keynesian approach, and our country ended up in a Great Depression. That's just history."
    If you think Pelosi's flub was bad what did you think of McCain confusing the Afghanistan/Pakistan border for the Iraq/Pakistan border (which doesn't exist) last summer? I was surprised the Dem's didn't hammer him a little more on that.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...n_appears.html

vCash
    McCain clearly knows better than all those little misstatements. And I'm sure Pelosi doesn't think there are 500 million people in America.

And this guy got his talking points mixed up. When you're building lies on top of lies, it's easy for your brain to create even more disconnects.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013 View Post
    McCain clearly knows better than all those little misstatements. And I'm sure Pelosi doesn't think there are 500 million people in America.

And this guy got his talking points mixed up. When you're building lies on top of lies, it's easy for your brain to create even more disconnects.
    And this is a perfect time based on Ari's statement here to plug Lie to me on fox. Greatest show on tv right now sans 24. Lie to me is freaking awesome. Catch it on wednesday nights or on fox.com

Fox it's where it's at, including being Fair and Balanced!

vCash
    Fox it's where it's at, including being Fair and Balanced!
    I'm just going to assume, since I know you're smarter than that and I think you're not the indoctrinated type, that you are, in fact, joking.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Why is it so hard to believe that Nancy Pelosi is an absolute moron?

She is.

Remember when she went to Iran? Come on. She's an idiot.

She's made the 500 million mistake more than once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdqo1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVl2nqjLVeA

In the interview with Fox News...you can see she hesitates. Probably thinking "500 million...or thousand...which one is it" because she has absolutely no clue what she is talking about. None.

---About the depression thing. There is debate about what it's actual effects were. Just as there will be debates about what the effects of this package are. Hopefully in a few years I know enough to join the debate a bit.
    Last edited by gcoll; 02-11-2009 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    ^ and yet californians keep voting her in...