Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 189
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    Yeah, I was just saying it was interesting because it seemed to sum up all the same talking points you were pointing out. I've always wondered what must have been going through some of these guys heads on 9/11. Probably like "I'm going to have to destroy some documents to cover my ***".
    Yeah I don't think anyone D or R can keep us completely safe or stop every whack job out there.

    I think for the most part everyone tries their hardest to do the right thing.

    It is just one guys right thing is another guys wrong thing and so it goes back and forth. And we the people just get to go along for the ride no matter who is driving the ship, or how stormy it gets.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,133
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Yeah I don't think anyone D or R can keep us completely safe or stop every whack job out there.

    I think for the most part everyone tries their hardest to do the right thing.

    It is just one guys right thing is another guys wrong thing and so it goes back and forth. And we the people just get to go along for the ride no matter who is driving the ship, or how stormy it gets.
    Amen brother. I just really, really hope we don't get attacked in the next few years, because obviously we need to focus on the economy right now. I think another 9/11 sized attack would polarize the country and really send us into a frenzy that I personally don't want to experience.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    And I dispute that with pesky things called facts and the rest of your rant is humorous.
    you have one poll, I saw another. This could go on:

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/114256/Go...-Tax-Cuts.aspx

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/114202/Ob...lus-Fight.aspx

    I don't see what's so humorous about a political party compromising their relevance by being hypocritical every time the wind changes. then they try to use it as fear mongering and get dominated in an election because of it.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    odd considering I do disagree with him on issues, just as I agreed with W on some. I just don;t subscribe to the fearmongering crap that rightists are spinning right now without even reading any facts.
    Really? You'd get off Obama's **** long enough to stop spinning and agree with Bush on something?

    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    I've gone over these before.

    I agree with Bush on support for comprehensive immigration. I agreed with him on leasing ports to UAE companies, just to name a few.

    I disagree with obama on gay marriage, and cap and trade to name a few.

    Not that I need to dignify my independent thinking to someone who just regurgitates fearmongering talking points like "obama is going to release terrorists". very independent and factual.
    Ah I see. By "my independent thinking" you really mean "uber liberal thinking.

    Because you take the most liberal, most anti-US security, etc positions of Bush and love them and the most conservative/socially right views of Obama and denounce them.

    So that doesn't make you independent. If a conservative adopted the position that Bush was righton amnesty, that would make him moderate. If he favored Obama's gay marriage position, he'd be a mainstream independent thinker.

    You're neither.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    you have one poll, I saw another. This could go on:

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/114256/Go...-Tax-Cuts.aspx

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/114202/Ob...lus-Fight.aspx

    I don't see what's so humorous about a political party compromising their relevance by being hypocritical every time the wind changes. then they try to use it as fear mongering and get dominated in an election because of it.
    Actually there were multiple tidbits of info. in that poll. Besides those are all from your original source. Actually our ideals have kept us in the white house for 20 of the last 28 years, you are in no way shape or form in any kind of position to criticize those across the aisle from you when you sit as far left as Keith Olbermann and others, your side won due to an unpopular president, not becaue of ideas. We'll see what happens in 2012.




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Really? You'd get off Obama's **** long enough to stop spinning and agree with Bush on something?



    Ah I see. By "my independent thinking" you really mean "uber liberal thinking.

    Because you take the most liberal, most anti-US security, etc positions of Bush and love them and the most conservative/socially right views of Obama and denounce them.

    So that doesn't make you independent. If a conservative adopted the position that Bush was righton amnesty, that would make him moderate. If he favored Obama's gay marriage position, he'd be a mainstream independent thinker.

    You're neither.
    I don't harbor uber liberal views on everything, as you say, eg gun control, environment.

    many conservatives favored uae companies being able to use ports, heck haliburton is a uae company now. the fearmongerers just hid behind the "national defense spin".

    none of the positions I favor are anti-US security at all. they are pro security and make this country safer. people can have their rights, their pride and their safety. they don;t just have to choose safety. that's how you can tell the difference between a policy and an intelligent/fully thought out policy.

    the point on the comprehensive immigration policy is that some republicans agreed with it until they looked at the electoral map. that's a terrible way to dictate policy and make decisions. It's saying "well this is right, but it's going to hurt my party" that's crap and the american people know it. O'Reilly is just admitting it and owning up to it being purely political and not a matter of what's right or wrong. IT's as least refreshing to hear someone being honest, divisive and partisan for political purposes, but honest.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    Actually there were multiple tidbits of info. in that poll. Besides those are all from your original source. Actually our ideals have kept us in the white house for 20 of the last 28 years, you are in no way shape or form in any kind of position to criticize those across the aisle from you when you sit as far left as Keith Olbermann and others, your side won due to an unpopular president, not becaue of ideas. We'll see what happens in 2012.
    we sure will. comprehensive immigration 2009 will have say though.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Really? You'd get off Obama's **** long enough to stop spinning and agree with Bush on something?



    Ah I see. By "my independent thinking" you really mean "uber liberal thinking.

    Because you take the most liberal, most anti-US security, etc positions of Bush and love them and the most conservative/socially right views of Obama and denounce them.

    So that doesn't make you independent. If a conservative adopted the position that Bush was righton amnesty, that would make him moderate. If he favored Obama's gay marriage position, he'd be a mainstream independent thinker.

    You're neither.
    Seconded




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    15,568
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    I don't harbor uber liberal views on everything, as you say, eg gun control, environment.

    many conservatives favored uae companies being able to use ports, heck haliburton is a uae company now. the fearmongerers just hid behind the "national defense spin".
    Just because some people care more about money (ie Halliburton) doesn't make their position conservative, let alone correct.

    none of the positions I favor are anti-US security at all. they are pro security and make this country safer. people can have their rights, their pride and their safety. they don;t just have to choose safety. that's how you can tell the difference between a policy and an intelligent/fully thought out policy.
    Now run this by me again... how does placing our port security in the hands of an Arab company promote national security? Maybe we can allow Saudi Arabia to operate our airport metal detectors?

    the point on the comprehensive immigration policy is that some republicans agreed with it until they looked at the electoral map. that's a terrible way to dictate policy and make decisions. It's saying "well this is right, but it's going to hurt my party" that's crap and the american people know it. O'Reilly is just admitting it and owning up to it being purely political and not a matter of what's right or wrong. IT's as least refreshing to hear someone being honest, divisive and partisan for political purposes, but honest.
    Again, no. It's purely political for both parties, and purely economical for those putting the needs of their bank account above the needs of the country.
    "Compromise, hell! That's what has happened to us all down the line -- and that's the very cause of our woes. If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?"

    RIP Jesse Helms

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,957
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blenderboy5 View Post
    Just because some people care more about money (ie Halliburton) doesn't make their position conservative, let alone correct.



    Now run this by me again... how does placing our port security in the hands of an Arab company promote national security? Maybe we can allow Saudi Arabia to operate our airport metal detectors?



    Again, no. It's purely political for both parties, and purely economical for those putting the needs of their bank account above the needs of the country.
    it wasn't even about security, it was about operating and business:

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,185479,00.html

    security would still be handled by US port security. and besides, this company already operates six ports. did we revoke those deals for "security". nope, the fearmongering was purely that, not an actual security issue, just the usual saber rattling.

    this itself is why people need to read instead of listening to the blowhards. This info is even available on foxnews for those who want to read the facts about it.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Grand Forks, North Dakota
    Posts
    3,426
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    you have one poll, I saw another. This could go on:

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/114256/Go...-Tax-Cuts.aspx

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/114202/Ob...lus-Fight.aspx

    I don't see what's so humorous about a political party compromising their relevance by being hypocritical every time the wind changes. then they try to use it as fear mongering and get dominated in an election because of it.
    Yes Republicans got dominated very thouroughly no need to point it out. People who say otherwise are in denial and in need of hardcore medication.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietWyatt View Post
    Yes Republicans got dominated very thouroughly no need to point it out. People who say otherwise are in denial and in need of hardcore medication.
    No one is disputing we lost a lot in 08, but it was more due to an unpopular president than running on ideas or ideals. Nobody ever claimed what your saying, where did it come from?




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    49,850
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsrule View Post
    No one is disputing we lost a lot in 08, but it was more due to an unpopular president than running on ideas or ideals. Nobody ever claimed what your saying, where did it come from?
    There was definitely some of that, but I honestly believe that a lot of Americans just wanted to rejoin the Western world and not get left behind. Some of us outside of America just stood slack-jawed over the last 8 years watching the two intolerant faces of fundamentalism in the world go at it. America's friends know that fundamentalism doesn't represent the best of America and that's why the celebration was worldwide and heartfelt when it was defeated in this election.
    Last edited by ink; 02-09-2009 at 11:24 PM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    There was definitely some of that, but I honestly believe that a lot of Americans just wanted to rejoin the Western world and not get left behind. Some of us outside of America just stood slack-jawed over the last 8 years watching the two intolerant faces of fundamentalism in the world go at it. America's friends know that fundamentalism doesn't represent the best of America and that's why the celebration was worldwide and heartfelt when it was defeated in this election.
    Who got beat, really, Bush last time I checked didn't run, change was coming regardless of who got elected, that's really thin.




    Major props to rdwilliamson

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    Some of us outside of America just stood slack-jawed over the last 8 years watching the two intolerant faces of fundamentalism in the world go at it.
    With comments like this....sometimes all you can do is laugh.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •