Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Edited due to being wrong section for this comment
    Last edited by wingnut; 03-23-2012 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    That's pretty funny! My boy likes to watch me play NHL 12, and whenever I score, I ask him which player scored and he says "let's see", waits for the pic to come and yells the name and says "YEAH!!"
    EA NHL 12?
    How is that, I own EA NHL 11 haven't upgraded yet, I heard there really isn't that much difference, that I tend to wait a couple of years in between.

vCash
    I love OTT threads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I love OTT threads
    Agreed.

vCash
    Nice to see the OTT active

@westhockeytown get on that new vid! The first one was fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    Nice to see the OTT active

@westhockeytown get on that new vid! The first one was fantastic.
    Will do. It's hilarious.

vCash
    Our leading points getting is #51. I would have been happy with a 60 point season, but if this selfish bastard wants to get 70 points, that's on him.

vCash
    I <3 Val.

vCash

vCash
    Filppula has become one of my favorites this year.

vCash
    My expectations were 60 for like the past 3 years and then this year I was like ok fine, 50.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    I hope so. I mean it's not like they were out of the playoff race without him. If they were 14th in the conference and just looking to start rebuilding, I prolly wouldn't really care, but Rads is a big name and I feel like it's an unfair advantage to sign a guy like him after deadline not give other teams a shot at signing him. I feel like once you leave the NHL, contract or no contract, getting back in shouldn't be this easy. In fact I can't believe he can be a contracted player for two different leagues. Should be a rule against that, or the NHL and KHL should have some sort affiliation with each other the way the NHL and minors do so this is less of a gray area. His NHL contract should have been eradicated once he left.
    Sorry im late on this argument. There is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL we have them with all other leagues, but the Russians dont want to do it for this exact reason so they can poach stars. And as much as it hurts our chances because we are more then likely playing them first, it was also pretty unfair to the entire Pred organization, players, staff, fans when he left. They had to suffer for what 3+ years while they lost their biggest offensive building block and a potential franchise winger. The knowledge behind why he gets to come back makes some sense, he is still under contract with the Preds he was just suspended. Once off suspension he gets to play, it was a disciplinary reason, it would be like if we suspended someone for a disciplinary reason all season but at the end he shaped up so we let him back, if you think of it that way it makes sense. Radulov basically hurt the organization by leaving so they suspended him and his contract, like what the Islanders did or threatened to do when Nabokov threatened to not play. The only difference is this will count as Radulov's last year of his contract, which is a good thing. The only shame from this is that Radulov is getting his cake and eating it too. He gets paid the big bucks from Russia the reason he left, and gets to burn off the final year to now make big bucks here. Its sad but I dont think its particularly unfair as they had to suffer for so long to now see him return

vCash
    Yeah, loved that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    Just so you guys know, I'm the guy in the white van who abducted him last week, confined him at an undisclosed location, and secured a guarantee that he is good for at least a point per game before releasing him.

I am confident that everyone in the Red Wings forum will be pleasantly surprised by his production this year.
    He is not living up to his ppg promise. He knows the consequences once the season ends...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Sorry im late on this argument. There is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL we have them with all other leagues, but the Russians dont want to do it for this exact reason so they can poach stars. And as much as it hurts our chances because we are more then likely playing them first, it was also pretty unfair to the entire Pred organization, players, staff, fans when he left. They had to suffer for what 3+ years while they lost their biggest offensive building block and a potential franchise winger. The knowledge behind why he gets to come back makes some sense, he is still under contract with the Preds he was just suspended. Once off suspension he gets to play, it was a disciplinary reason, it would be like if we suspended someone for a disciplinary reason all season but at the end he shaped up so we let him back, if you think of it that way it makes sense. Radulov basically hurt the organization by leaving so they suspended him and his contract, like what the Islanders did or threatened to do when Nabokov threatened to not play. The only difference is this will count as Radulov's last year of his contract, which is a good thing. The only shame from this is that Radulov is getting his cake and eating it too. He gets paid the big bucks from Russia the reason he left, and gets to burn off the final year to now make big bucks here. Its sad but I dont think its particularly unfair as they had to suffer for so long to now see him return
    The Preds had plenty of chances to supplement another player similar to Rads. If it's legal so be it, but I still say you bolt for more cash in Russia, you forfeit your contract in the NHL and all money/time owed. This reasoning would allow the team e.g Nashville, the cap space to bring in another player to fill his shoes. Is Rads a great player? yes. Were there players who were made available to all teams, in those 3+ years he left, who are just as good if not better? Of course. It is unfair and could really affect the first round of the playoffs. But it's not like the Wings don't have a shot at beating them, and Rads isn't the reason the Preds made it this far. But this does kinda f--k with the parity, IMO.

vCash
    Well I dont know if I agree with all of that. Name a player in FA the last 2-3 off seasons that they could afford and not cripple themselves that would have produced at his level and still be a young building block? I mean I can think Havlat when the Wild signed him but Havlat isnt near the player Radulov is imo, and he is older. Again yes he bolted for Russia and more money, but why should Nashville have to pay for it by forfeiting their rights to that player? They suspended him so that if he decided to come back to the NHL they still had his RFA rights and one year left on contract. Its not Nashville's fault, its not the NHL's fault its Radulov's and its a shame he is working the system and is getting away with it but he did. It does mess with the playoffs, but I still think any team can beat them especially us.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast