Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Now Wade Belak? This is one of the saddest off seasons I can remember. Three good guys and players all dead in the off season. Prayers out to all of them...

And oh yes this time of the year sucks

vCash
    Some people are trying to tell me Alex Pietrangelo is better than Niklas Kronwall.

vCash
    lol im a big fan of pietrangelo but thats a bit much

vCash
    I think Pietra might have the tools to one day become better than Kronwall, but at this moment no he is not in the same league. Kronwall is a top 2 D, Pietra is a top 4 with upside of being the #1 man but still needs to develop more. Nothing wrong with that.

vCash
    Maybe I'm nitpicking but does anyone else see a glaring post trade deadline issue with the Radulov signing? I realize he still had 1 year left on his entry contract, but I feel he should have had to pass through re-entry waivers to rejoin the Preds. IMO if a player bolts for the KHL or any other team not associated with the NHL or it's minor league affliliates, the rule should state they must clear waivers, no exceptions. Guys on a one way contract, like Conks, have to go through this process just to move from the farm team to the NHL team! And these moves are within the league!!! I also think that if it's after the deadline, they shouldn't be eligable for the current season. I mean call me a purist, but I like the idea that after the deadline, whoever a team has on it's current roster is who they have to work for the playoffs. Obviously pulling guys up from within the teams organization for injuries is legit and always should be, but this type of deal should be scrutinized. The Preds should almost have to pay some sort of penalty on this one. It's not like they signed a prospect, he's been in the league. I'd like to see a rule change on this, no roster moves after deadline, except within the current roster of active players in each organization, after deadline, period. Just seems abit fishy IMO.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 03-23-2012 at 09:53 AM.

vCash
    Hudler never had to clear waivers..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Hudler never had to clear waivers..
    Huds was RFA when he bolted. He resigned late April 2010. He didn't play until the next season started. And yes that was mess too, but didn't seem shady like this deal. My point is if it's after deadline, he shouldn't really be eligble to finish this season. His final year on his entry level contract should start 2012/2013 to keep it kosher.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 03-23-2012 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Maybe I'm nitpicking but does anyone else see a glaring post trade deadline issue with the Radulov signing? I realize he still had 1 year left on his entry contract, but I feel he should have had to pass through re-entry waivers to rejoin the Preds. IMO if a player bolts for the KHL or any other team not associated with the NHL or it's minor league affliliates, the rule should state they must clear waivers, no exceptions. Guys on a one way contract, like Conks, have to go through this process just to move from the farm team to the NHL team! And these moves are within the league!!! I also think that if it's after the deadline, they shouldn't be eligable for the current season. I mean call me a purist, but I like the idea that after the deadline, whoever a team has on it's current roster is who they have to work for the playoffs. Obviously pulling guys up from within the teams organization for injuries is legit and always should be, but this type of deal should be scrutinized. The Preds should almost have to pay some sort of penalty on this one. It's not like they signed a prospect, he's been in the league. I'd like to see a rule change on this, no roster moves after deadline, except within the current roster of active players in each organization, after deadline, period. Just seems abit fishy IMO.
    I agree. If the Preds make a long run and Radulov does real well I'm sure there'll be a lot of chatter amongst GMs this summer.

vCash
    Well I guess my whole take of player's coming over from the KHL is this.

1. Any player who is signed to a contract should report to the team that signs them period, none of this waiver crap.

2. There should be deadline for player's to report to teams or they are not eligible for Playoff play, like waver player that are not claimed by trade deadline.

3. Any player that isn't under contract for any league that would like to play in the NHL needs to through waiver and signed when picked up.

Does any of this make sense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir16 View Post
    I agree. If the Preds make a long run and Radulov does real well I'm sure there'll be a lot of chatter amongst GMs this summer.
    I hope so. I mean it's not like they were out of the playoff race without him. If they were 14th in the conference and just looking to start rebuilding, I prolly wouldn't really care, but Rads is a big name and I feel like it's an unfair advantage to sign a guy like him after deadline not give other teams a shot at signing him. I feel like once you leave the NHL, contract or no contract, getting back in shouldn't be this easy. In fact I can't believe he can be a contracted player for two different leagues. Should be a rule against that, or the NHL and KHL should have some sort affiliation with each other the way the NHL and minors do so this is less of a gray area. His NHL contract should have been eradicated once he left.

vCash
    I hope so. I mean it's not like they were out of the playoff race without him. If they were 14th in the conference and just looking to start rebuilding, I prolly wouldn't really care, but Rads is a big name and I feel like it's an unfair advantage to sign a guy like him after deadline not give other teams a shot at signing him. I feel like once you leave the NHL, contract or no contract, getting back in shouldn't be this easy. In fact I can't believe he can be a contracted player for two different leagues. Should be a rule against that, or the NHL and KHL should have some sort affiliation with each other the way the NHL and minors do so this is less of a gray area. His NHL contract should have been eradicated once he left.
    Oh by the way that vid with your kid is awesome, priceless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    Well I guess my whole take of player's coming over from the KHL is this.

1. Any player who is signed to a contract should report to the team that signs them period, none of this waiver crap.

2. There should be deadline for player's to report to teams or they are not eligible for Playoff play, like waver player that are not claimed by trade deadline.

3. Any player that isn't under contract for any league that would like to play in the NHL needs to through waiver and signed when picked up.

Does any of this make sense?
    Yes, in my mind, I always thought that's how it was (aside from waivers, I get that for signings within the league). Any signing post deadline was for the next season, definetly not the playoffs IMO. I guess the Preds really exploited this obvious loophole.

vCash
    Oh by the way that vid with your kid is awesome, priceless.
    oh dude, he's way better at it now. He knows full names, not just nicknames. and is starting to know sweater #'s now too. Amazing he's only 2 and half!! I really gotta update it. Ask him who his favorite is and he says "Datsyuk!!" Brings a tear to my eye.

vCash
    oh dude, he's way better at it now. He knows full names, not just nicknames. and is starting to know sweater #'s now too. Amazing he's only 2 and half!! I really gotta update it. Ask him who his favorite is and he says "Datsyuk!!" Brings a tear to my eye.
    That's the bomb, reminds me of my daughter's chant when the Wings won the cup over the Pens, she had this chant at age 5 that went like this.

Red Wings rule Penguins Drool !!! it was the funniest thing ever, she even had this funny dance to go along with it, wish I had gotten a vid for it. It was classic.

vCash
    That's the bomb, reminds me of my daughter's chant when the Wings won the cup over the Pens, she had this chant at age 5 that went like this.

Red Wings rule Penguins Drool !!! it was the funniest thing ever, she even had this funny dance to go along with it, wish I had gotten a vid for it. It was classic.
    That's pretty funny! My boy likes to watch me play NHL 12, and whenever I score, I ask him which player scored and he says "let's see", waits for the pic to come and yells the name and says "YEAH!!"

Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast