Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Darren McCarty is gonna be on Powerplay on the NHL Network in a few minutes for anybody who is on right now and has the NHL Network.

vCash
    no NHL network

whats he going to be talking about?

vCash
    A little but of everything. Talked about the Burrows situation and referees, Cujo, the Wings ect.

vCash
    This isn't really a Red Wings related post. Just thought I would share a personal story about Mike Peca, who officially retired this past week.

Mike played his junior hockey in my hometown. We were in the same high school together (the Sudbury Wolves had all of their out-of-town students attend our school), and shared some of the same classes.

I remember writing a final exam for a class called "World Issues", an advanced class dealing with world politics and modern philosophy.

At one point during the exam, I got that uncanny feeling that someone was watching me as I feverishly tried to answer the 4 essay questions that had been placed in front of me.

I looked up, and noticed that THREE sets of eyes were on me. Wtf?

Mike, who was sitting to my left, was basically copying everything word for word from my paper. I look over to my right, and Brandon Convery (remember him?) was doing the exact same.

I started to panic, thinking if we got caught, I would lose the credit for the class, and risk getting suspended.

I nervously looked to the front, and sure enough my teacher was fully aware of what was transpiring at the back of the classroom. He gave me this "raised eyebrow" look, and went back to his newspaper.

Despite the fact that the three of us handed in almost identical exams, I got a C+ while those two ****ers got a B+ My teacher, who had a great sense of humor, mentioned something about how idiotic the two of them were for choosing ME to plagiarize. Hardy har har.

Anyways, Mike was not your prototypical prospect you would think would be an impact player in the NHL. He was scrawny! I couldn't believe he turned into an elite checker in the NHL. Then again, I thought the same thing about Todd (Bertuzzi, being scrawny) so what do I know.

Cheers Mike, and enjoy your retirement.

vCash
    Nice story Stealing. So cool that you played/knew/plagiarized with some of those guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post
    Nice story Stealing. So cool that you played/knew/plagiarized with some of those guys.
    It's weird thinking about it now. Damn, you guys remember (ex-Wing) Jamie Rivers? He was also at my school around that time. I remember when he was being touted as the next Paul Coffey, anchoring Canada's World Junior Team powerplay etc.

Funny how things play out...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    It's weird thinking about it now. Damn, you guys remember (ex-Wing) Jamie Rivers? He was also at my school around that time. I remember when he was being touted as the next Paul Coffey, anchoring Canada's World Junior Team powerplay etc.

Funny how things play out...

vCash
    Woo! my new Red Wings team on NHL10 lol

Filppula-Zetterberger-Franzen
    Kostitsyn-Datsyuk-Kostitsyn
    Latendresse-Helm-Hudler
    Eaves-McGrath-Abdelkader

Stuart-Kronwall
    Ericsson-Kindl
    Polak-Zidlicky

Howard
    Mccollum

Lids retired after the second season, but his 6m was given to Howard...since he is a machine in that game now lol

vCash
    Are their any thoughts on who the Wings may be looking for in a trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RWFan View Post
    Are their any thoughts on who the Wings may be looking for in a trade?
    Well, there is a trade freeze right now until the Olympics are over. I am skeptical that we will do anything of significance now that we are healthy and have cap issues. There was a rumor that we may pursue a top 6 forward, but I'm not sure who we would unload to make room for that type of cap, and I doubt it would be worth it.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

vCash
    Thanks. Gr8 to be on it. They played well last night, a very upbeat tempo. That is what I like about them. A lot of SOG as well! Perhaps if anything, maybe the defense needs to tighten up. Yet with great coaches and a good GM, I am sure they are watching the tapes.

Enjoy.

vCash
    I spent the day with my family... My dad and my uncles... Watching live rock performances. Some good ****, just watched jeff beck, Terry bozzio, steve vai, and the rock and roll hall of fame DVD.

I never really listened to jeff beck, but
    I'm def going to start listening to him more.

Lol haven't talked music in a while DJH

vCash
    Jeff Beck is a master. Definitely one of my top 5 guitarists. The evolution of his music is cool too, he has played some really different stuff over the years, and theres always something awesome from each era.

Bozio is great and he always works with cool people. Vai is kinda a flamer but he certainly knows his way around a fretboard lol.

vCash
    Def. I really like his bluesy songs, but it's all really good. The DVD we watched Clapton came on stage and did a song with beck. Awesome.

I've always really liked vai. But yeah, he is extemely out there... And kinda nuts lol.

vCash
    Speaking of great guitarists, the man from my sig: Jimmy Herring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzxfyLfhwwQ

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast