Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    damn, it's awesome to see so many Against me! fans in here.

btw the world juniors champion ship between Canada and USA for the gold is tonight.
    And judging by their last meeting, it should be a great game.

vCash
    Chelios arrested for traffic infractions:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=304837

It appears former NHL defenceman Chris Chelios was arrested last week in Chicago.

According to a report in the Chicago Tribune, Westmont police stated Chelios was charged with speeding and driving under the influence on December 28. Chelios is scheduled to appear in court on February 1.

After spending his NHL career playing for the Montreal Canadiens, Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings, Chelios is currently a member of the Chicago Wolves of the AHL.

vCash
    ^

vCash
    Okay, whoever freakin' invented this stupid "Eh, Oh, Canada go!" cheer needs a severe beating.

Sorry for you American fans having to be subjected to that

Damn Pepsi and their stupid marketing team...

vCash
    ^ I really don't understand that chant. Was it a contest? Because I don't remember hearing about it. An American company making a chant for candians that includes the sterotypical "eh!". I can see why that doesn't sit well with our neighbors to the north.

Plus, I don't even hear the "go!" part of it. In the commercial all you hear is eh! Oh! Canada! Idk where the go! Comes into play.

It's not going to catch on at all. Let's go canada! Is a good enough chant. No need to complicate things.

vCash
    Also, continuing our music talk, I just recently started listening to the mars volta again. I'm sure most of you have heard of them. Deloused in a comatorium is one of my favorite CDs. May even be in my top 20 fav albums.

Speaking of favorite albums. What are your top 5? Or 10?

In no particular order:
    1. SRV - Texas flood
    2. Eminem - Marshall mathers LP
    3. Sonic Youth - evol
    4. Iggy pop and the stooges - raw power
    5. Streetlight manifesto - everything went numb
    6. Blink 182 - enema of the state
    7. Misfits - earth AD
    8. Rancid - out come the wolves

*These are just off the top of my head. I'm sitting at a coffee shop right now. Lol. No way to really think about that list. But what about you guys?

vCash
    Thats such a hard question. I listen to a ton of live music (jam scene as well as jazz and blues stuff), so I dont think its fair to count random Phish shows as albums.

Some of my favorites are:
    Rift, The Story of the Ghost, Junta, Lawnboy - all by Phish.
    Kiko - Los Lobos
    Texas Flood- SRV
    Jeff - Jeff Beck
    The Grand Pecking Order - Oysterhead
    I and II - Both by Led Zeppelin
    Dark Side and Wish you Were Here - Pink Floyd
    Left of Cool, Outbound, Live at the Quick - Flecktones
    Blue Train - Coltrane
    Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
    Rubber Soul - The Beatles
    Mothership Connection, Maggot Brain - P-Funk
    Games, Dames and Guitar Thangs - Eddie Hazel
    Hot Rats - Zappa
    The Art of the Trio, Vol. 3 - Brad Mehldau

I should stop...

vCash
    Haha, I know it's a tough question. The albums I put are the ones I can listen to over and over for hours and not get sick of. I'm gonna have to listen to some of those. As much as I love darkside/ wish you were here. Meddle has to be my fav Floyd album. And IMO echoes is one of my favorite songs of all time. I could never ever get sick of that song.

vCash
    Yeah Meddle is up there as well. The Wall is actually pretty low on my Floyd list.

vCash
    I agree 100%. there are a few songs on the wall that are some of their best. But that album is no where near to the masterpieces of meddle, and darkside.

vCash

Ex-Wing Curtis Joseph Retires

If every dog has its day it appears that Tuesday will be the final one for 'Cujo.'

ESPN.com is reporting that Curtis Joseph will announce his retirement at a press conference at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto on Tuesday.

The 42-year old Joseph has not played this season but spent last season as a backup with the Maple Leafs.

Joseph sits fourth on the NHL's All-time wins list with 454 career victories, he is also the NHL's leader for regular season losses with 352.

'Cujo' played for six teams over 19 seasons. He twice led Toronto to the Conference Finals and was part of Canada's Gold medal winning team at the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt Lake.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=305489

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StealingSigns View Post
    i wish cujo the best. Hope he has a good retirement.

vCash

Former Wing Boyd Devereaux recovering from broken neck

Damn, this is a sad story. Looks like he will be okay though.

Devereaux recovering from broken neck
    Former Wings center injured during Switzerland tourney
    Thursday, 01.07.2010 / 10:07 AM / News
    Canadian Press

Former NHL center Boyd Devereaux, who won a Stanley Cup with the Red Wings in 2002, will have a lot to think about in the weeks ahead as he recuperates from a broken neck.

Competing at the Spengler Cup in Switzerland through the holidays, Devereaux and the rest of the Canadian team were off to a roaring start.

The Kitchener, Ont., resident was being double-shifted by coach Craig MacTavish when he entered the offensive zone and attempted to collect a loose puck in a Dec. 28 game against host-team Davos.

That's when Davos defenseman Beat Forster caught Devereaux with his head down.

Devereaux crumpled to the ice, but was helped to his feet and assisted to the bench. He soon noticed a tingling sensation in his arms.

Then the Canadian team's doctor and local medical professionals swung into action. His neck was immobilized and Devereaux was rushed to a local hospital.

X-rays revealed a stable fracture to his C-7 vertebra. After an MRI a team of doctors determined surgery was not required, and that the break would heal on its own.

A soft brace was strapped around Devereaux's neck and, much to the amazement of his in-laws, Dennis and Barb Koebel, Devereaux walked into their Swiss hotel's lobby later that afternoon.

“We went from ‘Oh my God, he's never going to play hockey again,' to, ‘He's going to be OK,”' said a relieved Dennis Koebel.

Devereaux is recovering in his apartment in the Italian-speaking city of Lugano, where he plays in the Swiss Elite League.

Along with his expected six-week rehabilitation, Devereaux is left to consider his hockey future — yet again.

“It's not as bad as we thought originally. I feel good about my prognosis,” said Devereaux, who's been joined in the southern Swiss city by his wife, Leah, and their daughters Tessa, 5, and Lucy, 2.

Devereaux hinted he has plenty to mull over, but didn't rule out a return to his club team as soon as this season.

Surviving a scare is familiar territory for the 31-year-old speedster and former first-round draft pick who was told by doctors a decade ago he should retire from hockey.

As a member of the Edmonton Oilers, the then 22-year-old Devereaux was left convulsing on the ice because of a punishing hit and the ensuing concussion.

Devereaux sought a second opinion, was cleared to play and was picked up by the Red Wings in 2000.

Following NHL stops in Phoenix and Toronto, Devereaux landed with Lugano earlier this season.

Devereaux, whose current symptoms include a stiff and painful neck but no paralysis, received a phoned-in apology from Forster.

“That was good of him. I haven't seen the hit. It's only been described to me so I don't know how to feel about it,” Devereaux said.

Although no penalty was assessed on the play, the Swiss-born Forster was later issued a one-game suspension at the tournament.

Devereaux's test results were sent to Canadian experts, Toronto neurosurgeon Dr. Charles Tator and Dr. Noah Forman, the Maple Leafs' team doctor, before he was released from hospital.

“Boyd was so lucky,” Koebel said. “If that break was another quarter of an inch over, it would have been a lot worse.

“(People might ask) why would he go back and risk further injury? But the doctors determine the extent of an injury. Sometimes when bones heal, they heal stronger than before.

“We have our fingers crossed.”

Canada was eliminated in the round-robin stage of the tournament.
    http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=512717

vCash
    Thats crazy, I was wondering what he was up to just a few days ago when thinking about the "two kids and a goat" line. Hope he gets back on the ice soon enough.

vCash
    I never liked him in the winged wheel, but that is just scary. I hope he has a full recovery. I wish the best for him.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast