13. Janmark
    14. AA
    15. Bert
    16. Pater
    17. Cally
    18. Nasty
    19. Kadeykin
    20. Ehn

If you would like me to break down why someone is where or about any of our prospects, or these prospects especially, just let me know.

vCash
    All.

vCash
    All 20?!? Do you know how long it will take me to go through all that?!? Pick like....5 Bran :P

vCash
    Kadesyn, Nosek, Bert, Larkin, Janmark

vCash
    So is Frk considered a complete bust now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Dudes value is off. He had one weapon in juniors (shot) and below average everywhere else. Not a "bust" but a longterm prospect.

vCash
    Kadey is my favorite draft prospect. There were other teams after him that their scouts were not allowed to draft that were before us (fun side note). He is an easy man sized prospect now and is easily one of our biggest/strongest players right now. Very comparable to the situation Marchenko was in, lots of ? but the talent for a rookie KHL player is very clear. If he could skate (his biggest -) there is no question he goes in the third round area. Right now he lumbers his way through the game, reminds me skating and size of big Bert but he plays a physical strong 2 way game. Was the highest producer on his team, as a rookie, averaging around 14min a game. Has said he wants to come to NA after his contract is up. I imagine if he can up his minutes in the KHL his point producing should as well. If skating comes around could be a really good 3rd line center with size, edge and 200 ft play something we dont have in our system.

Nosek has filthy hands, skates well and plays a 200 ft game. He will be in the AHL this year but I could see if we need a bottom 6 call up him being right there with Callahan. Brings more skill and finesse to a third line game while also strong defensive play. Fits the Detroit Red Wing system real well and I think he could be a Drew Miller replacement. I dont see him being a top 6 forward unless his shot drastically improves, much more of a playmaker but his shot and physical play could limit him to a good AHL player or bump him up to a 3rd liner in the NHL.

Little Bert really scared me at the beginning of last year, and even more so after his concussion/neck issues (I wish they would come out on a full report for his injury). I mean I think you and I both saw him in the Memorial cup, where he was probably hands down the best player out there for any team. His skating, using his body, enthusiasm, learning, even leadership are all +. Heck his shot this year even trended towards a +. Plays a ok defensive game as well. The weird thing is all parts of his game are so....ok....in a good way that I think he could play in the NHL after adding on some weight right now (does that make sense?). Longer development time could really benefit him, as I already see him being the Shaw type player they wanted him to be right now, maybe some time in the AHL and he could get closer to a Marchand type? Next year will really tell me what he will be in the NHL/AHL.

I really didnt want us to draft Larkin initially (a lot of mocks had us taking him), but now I feel pretty good about it. I want to see him in Michigan before I can compare him to a NHL player, but really great skater, leadership and 200ft play. I am worried that his offensive game was maybe a little higher then it would be since he played on a very good USHL team (a lot better then past years imo) and had a good amount of time with Eichel. So his offensive game is going to be my focus for his next 3 years in college. From all reports at the development camp though his offensive game is there.

Janmark was scary good offensively at the beginning of next year, if he would have stayed on that pace (which was thought to be, and proved to be, unsustainable) I would have him up in my top 3-5. I mean he was flying and shooting at I believe at one point a 19%. Second half of the season he really fell off and a lot of that has been pointed to his dedication, which is what scares me. Offensive skills he is right behind Mantha, Jurco, Pulu for me (maybe even in the Jurco range) but he has literally barely ever been spotted in the gym. His lower body strength would make you think he has never played above a junior level before, and thats not to touch on his upper body. A report though earlier this year out of his camp was that he was going to live in the gym this summer so that he does not get winded and run down in the second half like last year, which was great that he stepped up and said that was his down fall. I think he comes over after next season and gets his "try out" with the AHL. He easily replaces IronHook for me though as more of a shooter then a play maker. I am hoping for a good summer and will give you an update once he gets midway through the season because he is one of the top guys I am watching.

As far as Frk goes, I think you can pull up most of everything I posted on him his draft year before and after we drafted him. Fantastic shot, but everything else, and at this point even things I had at average are at a minus. At least Jurco his first season showed us some promise with his use of size and how he started to come alive at the end of the season once he grew his game up, but Frk has a long ways to go. I have him listed as a bust along with Ferraro.

vCash
    What prospects do you guys have making the team out of camp this year?

vCash
    Probably none. Best chance would be Mantha or Marchenko. Super long shot is Bachman due to what Babs has said about him, and im not really counting Jurco because that all depends on Alfie.

vCash
    Kindl and Lash could lose the job mid season

vCash
    I could see Lash pretty easy, and I think Kindl is on a very short leash after the benching last year.

vCash
    Kindl wasn't even good in 12/13. He hurts the PP. Dekeyser is much better on the second unit.

vCash
    I would disagree there. He was a good serviceable NHL D that looked to have turned a corner and was looking to rebound and improve. His deal could have been really a great steal for us if he would have continued to improve....But then that girlfriend of his came around, and nothing has been the same sense.