Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Best 3on3 OT pairings

There's a lot of speculation as to what's the best matchups for 3v3. Some people are saying some coaches may go with 2D 1F, whereas it's being said that Roy may be going with at least 1 3F line. I think we'll go with 2 (2F 1D) and 1F 2D with Green.

Tats-Dats-Kronner/DDK
    Gus-Hank-Kronner/DDK
    This is where it gets tricky
    Maybe Helm(speed)/Abby-Green-Quincey/Ericsson

Line 3 has to be more of a "who's performing now" line, but I definitely see green on it regardless.

What do y'all think?
    Last edited by Ezekial; 08-28-2015 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    For me it has to be a group that has a mix of size, skill and speed (thought it doesn't have to have an entire line up composed of talent he does it all perfectly).

I think you hit the first one on the head:

Line 1:
    Pavs (speed, skill), Tats (speed, skill), Kronny (steady, vet with skill)

Line 2:
    Hank (skill), Helm (speed), DDK (steady defense) I didn't put Gus here only because I like Helm's ability to recover if there is a fluky/bad bounce, so he can get back quickly and (hopefully) break up an odd man rush for the opposition.

Line 3:
    Gus-Abby-Green
    This is the flat out scoring line. Not a great two way line but if you are on the faceoff in their zone it could work in this line's favor.

Stats to come....eventually

vCash
    That line three is definitely a win it or lose it line, I think if we went green as 1D we'd be better off helm-abby-Green, due to what you listed for helm in line 2. But I could deal with your pairings for sure. I like the idea of a Swede line though (GHK)

vCash
    3 on 3 is going to all about speed. That means no Zetterberg. Datsyuk, Tatar, Nyquist, Helm, Green, Kronwall, Dekeyser should make up the units imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    While I see where you're coming from, there's no doubt in my mind that we'll see Hank during 3on3. He is still a solid 2 way forward and a pure playmaker, he can still make things happen especially with that much space.

vCash
    I agree, we'll definitely see him. Should we though? I'm iffy on that. I love Z but his speed has really taken a hit these past couple of years. I just don't see him being able to keep up with most guys teams will send out there (probably their fastest players against a team with older vets like us).
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.