Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Red Wings trade Pavel Datsyuk's contract to the Coyotes

TRADE: Detroit sends Datsyuk and No. 16 to Arizona for Joe Vitale, NYR first rounder (20) and a second round pick (53)
    via Mike Harrington

All in on Stamkos now!

vCash
    Also, holy **** the value we got! For all the talk of trading picks and players we actually got an extra pick out of it. I have no idea who Vitale is but to regain a first and extra second to just shed salary is excellent work. Round of applause for Kenny
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 06-24-2016 at 10:26 PM.

vCash
    No wonder the draft tracker was stuck forever, kept refreshing and it wouldn't update lol

Am I crazy or is this an incredible deal for Detroit? Got rid of the contract, only dropped back a few spots in the 1st AND picked up a 2nd? Were they anxious to give up Vitale or something? Looking him up it appears his career is in jeopardy from a severe concussion

vCash
    Nice trade, I had to re-read it a few times to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I think Vitale might be done, played in 1 game last year. Good news is he has a 1.1m contract and 950k of it can be hid in the AHL if he gets sent down. My guess is he was included so Phoenix doesn't have to pay him.

vCash
    Great move, savvy is the only word to describe it. Chych was a big prize (who I am very high on), but moving Pav's contract for 4 spots and a 150k cap dump as well as gaining a second and is just.... insane considering preliminary rumors were linked to a "demand" of AA/Svech+2nd.

I like Dennis Cholowski but am very weary of DRW "project" D prospects, but he seems to have the tools and has the weaknesses that can be learned/gained.

So, yea I'm hopeful but tentative.
    If this leads to Stammer and a legitimate shot at a puck moving D - wow just wow
    THE FUTURE IS ..... DELAYED
    Andreas Athanasiou

#KenHolland