Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495
Results 1,411 to 1,422 of 1422
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    so is it just me or is this forum going to get uglier and uglier until we get past the election? Anybody been in this forum during the presidential election? I'm just hoping it goes back to normal after the election.
    If it stays the members that are in here now, then I would say no. But we all know that isn't going to be the case. So I will say a resounding yes.

The best thing that we have to do is prepare for that and ignore the people who are going to come in here make hit-and-run posts.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    So I'm rewatching The West Wing.. I'd only seen it all once, I missed a lot of it in the early seasons, and I just thought it'd be interesting to revisit it since I had the time... and at the beginning of the 5th season, they're going through a list of possible replacements for the Vice President when this exchange happens:

"Bachmann?"

"Too liberal."

I doubt Michelle Bachmann was anything back then so it was just a random name, but in light of her particular brand of right-wing nuttery I thought it was pretty funny.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    So I'm rewatching The West Wing.. I'd only seen it all once, I missed a lot of it in the early seasons, and I just thought it'd be interesting to revisit it since I had the time... and at the beginning of the 5th season, they're going through a list of possible replacements for the Vice President when this exchange happens:

"Bachmann?"

"Too liberal."

I doubt Michelle Bachmann was anything back then so it was just a random name, but in light of her particular brand of right-wing nuttery I thought it was pretty funny.
    I can't watch anything Aaron Sorkin writes. I tried to watch an episode of Newsroom a little while ago, and I looked over at my wife and said "Why is it I want to just kick the ever loving **** out of literally every character in this show?" then the credits rolled, and I rememberd Sorkin from that steaming pile of smug called "The West Wing", and how I wanted to kick the ever loving **** out of everyone in that show as well. Just oozing and dripping with smug.

So if I ever meet Aaron Sorkin, I will have to kick the **** out him just on principle, for all that time my wife wanted to watch that ****ing show.

Those were dark times man, dark ****ing times.

But as far as knocks on Bachman, go, I raise my glass to any good joke that takes her down a peg or two.

vCash

"Bachmann?"

"Too liberal."

Good man.

vCash
    Bump.

So I just sold my second watercolor painting ever, and was asked to bring some of my work in to the local art store to possibly hang in the shop. Pretty surprised and psyched to see this going well. I am thinking about taking a class this spring once I am done travelling for a bit.

What do you guys do as a hobby/ side gig?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Bump.

So I just sold my second watercolor painting ever, and was asked to bring some of my work in to the local art store to possibly hang in the shop. Pretty surprised and psyched to see this going well. I am thinking about taking a class this spring once I am done travelling for a bit.

That's awesome! Congrats man. Do you have any images you can share on here?

Play guitar....haven't made money on it since I was 20 playing bass and I left the band right when we were about to sign a deal with RCA. Too much friction and it stopped being fun right when we were about to break through. Now I just play when I'm bored.

Main hobby now is road trips to national parks but haven't found a way to get paid for that haha.

vCash
    Bump.

Awesome man. I like G-Men have no hobbies anyone will pay me for. if i did they wouldn't be hobbies. i enjoy hiking, meditating, drawing, and my women. i wish someone would take monetary interest in my hobbies
    Last edited by ewing; 01-18-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I can't watch anything Aaron Sorkin writes. I tried to watch an episode of Newsroom a little while ago, and I looked over at my wife and said "Why is it I want to just kick the ever loving **** out of literally every character in this show?" then the credits rolled, and I rememberd Sorkin from that steaming pile of smug called "The West Wing", and how I wanted to kick the ever loving **** out of everyone in that show as well. Just oozing and dripping with smug.

So if I ever meet Aaron Sorkin, I will have to kick the **** out him just on principle, for all that time my wife wanted to watch that ****ing show.

But as far as knocks on Bachman, go, I raise my glass to any good joke that takes her down a peg or two.
    This made me laugh. I loved West Wing and I think Newsroom is just about the best thing going at the moment. So this demonstrates not only how far apart our outlooks are, but the truly bizarre nature of the 'liberal' social views you claimed to subscribe to in another topic. I honestly think that you are far more conservative than you will admit to yourself. This is not an 'attack', btw, just a comment since you made the point about these shows.

Congrats on your painting success, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    This made me laugh. I loved West Wing and I think Newsroom is just about the best thing going at the moment. So this demonstrates not only how far apart our outlooks are, but the truly bizarre nature of the 'liberal' social views you claimed to subscribe to in another topic. I honestly think that you are far more conservative than you will admit to yourself. This is not an 'attack', btw, just a comment since you made the point about these shows.

Congrats on your painting success, though.

"Bachmann?"

"Too liberal."

If you haven't seen this, you must: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S78RzZr3IwI

vCash
    I think if I were able to convey my thoughts verbally rather than through this medium, thye might make more sense. I like government not intruding in peoples personal affairs. But I also expect government to help those who can't help themselves, so I am not libertarian by definition. There was a thread a while back on where we all sottd on issues, so that might hep you make more sense for wierd people like me and others who don't fit in a party.

As for the painting, thanks GGGGG men, I will take pics for upcoming work. My wife already rode my *** on that.

Ewing, you and I ahve a couple fo things in common, meditation being one of them, although I'm not very good at it. Hard to keep the mental noise out.

vCash
    Congrats Patsfan, that's sweet.

The West Wing is my favourite ever TV show so I love Sorkin. Newsroom is pretty good too.

vCash
    Congrats PatsFan!

Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495