Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Patrick Kane be a healthy scratch?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 23.53%
  • no

13 76.47%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    If your point is that he is not healthy and needs to take a rest...that is the furthest thing from a healthy scratch that you can have. That means he is sitting because he is injured. Kane has been skating very well over this road trip and has begun to create scoring chances again. I think his ankle is good to go. If you want to sit him because he is injured, then that isn't called a healthy scratch.
    Point well taken, but it is contributing to his lack of play. My only suggestion is give him a night off that is close to a little bit of a break to get his head and ankle back in shape. Remember, he's only 20 and we are looking at the playoffs this year so we need to give him rest when we can.

vCash
    you dont get better or learn anything sitting out. he needs to be on the ice as much as possible that will help him get his head straight. you dont break slumps by sitting out, all that leads to is thinking about the problem more and makes thing worse. yeah he is only 20, but i gaurantee this isnt the first slump he has been in. so absolutely not to healthy scratching him. now if his ankle is bothering him still that is a whole other story

When Kris Versteeg gives blood he declines the needle and asks for a handgun and a bucket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    If your point is that he is not healthy and needs to take a rest...that is the furthest thing from a healthy scratch that you can have. That means he is sitting because he is injured. Kane has been skating very well over this road trip and has begun to create scoring chances again. I think his ankle is good to go. If you want to sit him because he is injured, then that isn't called a healthy scratch.
    i MEANT to say is if he is physically still not right he should NOT play.

if it is mental, it is considered a healthy scratch.

MANY SUPERSTAR PLAYERS get a healthy scratch when they are not playing well for long stretches to WATCH from the pressbox. it is a fact BOOM! it happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by duck610 View Post
    you dont get better or learn anything sitting out. he needs to be on the ice as much as possible that will help him get his head straight. you dont break slumps by sitting out, all that leads to is thinking about the problem more and makes thing worse. yeah he is only 20, but i gaurantee this isnt the first slump he has been in. so absolutely not to healthy scratching him. now if his ankle is bothering him still that is a whole other story
    as I said before.....MANY superstars benefit from watching the game upstairs to gauge positioning. it is a known fact in NHL hockey.

vCash
    What superstars have you seen being healthy scratches in the last year or two? You do not take a YOUNG stud like Kane and sit him. You don't do that to a young guy who is obviously working his kinks out and it has started to show over the last few games. You don't need to sit in the press box to "gauge" positioning, they simply watch film and take it from there. This is a terrible idea and won't happen unless Kane is an unhealthy scratch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    ...Imagine going to the United Center which sells out every game, and Kane isnt going to be playing because he's a healthy scratch...
    You don't have to scratch him at home you can do it on the road.

Ultimately whether to scratch him or not comes down to what the coach feels he will benefit more from - playing through his mistakes or taking a break. But if a young player is maintaining the work ethic required in the NHL then let him work his way out of it - if mistakes are coming because of a lack of work ethic then sit him until he wants to put in the effort.

vCash
    there is no chance that the Hawks healthy sctatch kane. maybe they cut his icetime a bunch or move him down to the third of fourth line. i dont think you risk making a superstar player upset with management and throw off the team chemistry. you dont get better at anything just watching, maybe other teams are starting to figure out ways in which to slow him down, if that is the case then responsibility falls on the coaching staff to make adjustments

When Kris Versteeg gives blood he declines the needle and asks for a handgun and a bucket.

vCash
    Kane has said recently, like within the last week, that his ankle isn't 100%. He has looked better on this road trip he has been just half a second to late on a lot of plays that he usually makes. Long season, young guy. Use of the healthy scratch to send a message is a common practice at all levels of hockey. Not usually used for top line guys but it does get the point across. I don't think Kane is in a situation where a healthy scratch is going to help him mentally. Maybe a night off because of the leg but if he feels he can go he should go and work through it. If you are going to even mention a healthy scratch, look at Sharp first. He has been non-existant since before the winter Classic. I'm sure he can get it together but where the hell did he go? I think Seabrook is playing well for the most part. He is playing more defense this season since we have so many offensive D-men and I can appreciate that. DIdn't see the Vancouver game but i'm not going to judge anybody in one of the few butt whoopings we have taken this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbolter73 View Post
    Kane has said recently, like within the last week, that his ankle isn't 100%. He has looked better on this road trip he has been just half a second to late on a lot of plays that he usually makes. Long season, young guy. Use of the healthy scratch to send a message is a common practice at all levels of hockey. Not usually used for top line guys but it does get the point across. I don't think Kane is in a situation where a healthy scratch is going to help him mentally. Maybe a night off because of the leg but if he feels he can go he should go and work through it. If you are going to even mention a healthy scratch, look at Sharp first. He has been non-existant since before the winter Classic. I'm sure he can get it together but where the hell did he go? I think Seabrook is playing well for the most part. He is playing more defense this season since we have so many offensive D-men and I can appreciate that. DIdn't see the Vancouver game but i'm not going to judge anybody in one of the few butt whoopings we have taken this year.

sharp has been a non-factor.

what is funny is i heard the same about kane, but yet he participated in the skills and played in the allstar game. if he wasnt 100%, he shouldnt have played.

vCash
    Now that I agree with!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbolter73 View Post
    Now that I agree with!
    im confused on if he is still ouchy why he just didnt take the break to just relax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    im confused on if he is still ouchy why he just didnt take the break to just relax.

Im just hoping it is physical and not a mental thing.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    i kind of think that it maybe a physical which in turn is throwing off his mental game. i think once they come off this road trip and they get back to the UC kaner will start to find his way back on to the score sheet like we are used to. its only a matter of time before he picks it up again.

vCash
    He needs a goal. Honestly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12