Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

    6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

    9 60.00%
Page 366 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 2663163563643653663673683764164668661366 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

  1. #5476
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,301
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    If your point is that he is not healthy and needs to take a rest...that is the furthest thing from a healthy scratch that you can have. That means he is sitting because he is injured. Kane has been skating very well over this road trip and has begun to create scoring chances again. I think his ankle is good to go. If you want to sit him because he is injured, then that isn't called a healthy scratch.
    Point well taken, but it is contributing to his lack of play. My only suggestion is give him a night off that is close to a little bit of a break to get his head and ankle back in shape. Remember, he's only 20 and we are looking at the playoffs this year so we need to give him rest when we can.

  2. #5477
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,090
    vCash
    1500
    damn boom.... beat me too it!!

  3. #5478
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Griffith, IN
    Posts
    4,059
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    thats awesome!
    Yeah its great we played again tonight. One of the goalies I found out is actually on the Purdue Roller Hockey traveling team. I would feel awesome if I scored on him.

    I prefer ice, but roller is definitely cheaper to get rink time.

  4. #5479
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    you dont get better or learn anything sitting out. he needs to be on the ice as much as possible that will help him get his head straight. you dont break slumps by sitting out, all that leads to is thinking about the problem more and makes thing worse. yeah he is only 20, but i gaurantee this isnt the first slump he has been in. so absolutely not to healthy scratching him. now if his ankle is bothering him still that is a whole other story


    When Kris Versteeg gives blood he declines the needle and asks for a handgun and a bucket.

  5. #5480
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    If your point is that he is not healthy and needs to take a rest...that is the furthest thing from a healthy scratch that you can have. That means he is sitting because he is injured. Kane has been skating very well over this road trip and has begun to create scoring chances again. I think his ankle is good to go. If you want to sit him because he is injured, then that isn't called a healthy scratch.
    i MEANT to say is if he is physically still not right he should NOT play.

    if it is mental, it is considered a healthy scratch.

    MANY SUPERSTAR PLAYERS get a healthy scratch when they are not playing well for long stretches to WATCH from the pressbox. it is a fact BOOM! it happens.

  6. #5481
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by duck610 View Post
    you dont get better or learn anything sitting out. he needs to be on the ice as much as possible that will help him get his head straight. you dont break slumps by sitting out, all that leads to is thinking about the problem more and makes thing worse. yeah he is only 20, but i gaurantee this isnt the first slump he has been in. so absolutely not to healthy scratching him. now if his ankle is bothering him still that is a whole other story
    as I said before.....MANY superstars benefit from watching the game upstairs to gauge positioning. it is a known fact in NHL hockey.

  7. #5482
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    1. Location - Jordan

    2. Favorite Current Blackhawk - ?

    3. Favorite Former Blackhawk - ?

    4. What other teams in the NHL do you root for? Mighty Ducks

    5. Other sports you enjoy? Baseball Cubs FTW
    6. Anything else you care to share? - Dont know much about Hockey, but what better place to start then PSD and the Blackhawks?
    good seeing you in here bro.

    like the cubs/sox forum....we all bicker and disagree but in the end we are all fans

  8. #5483
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinderBall41 View Post
    Yeah its great we played again tonight. One of the goalies I found out is actually on the Purdue Roller Hockey traveling team. I would feel awesome if I scored on him.

    I prefer ice, but roller is definitely cheaper to get rink time.
    roller or ice....it is still hockey.

  9. #5484
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    we will see after the last game of the year.
    like i was saying

  10. #5485
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    13,259
    vCash
    1500
    What superstars have you seen being healthy scratches in the last year or two? You do not take a YOUNG stud like Kane and sit him. You don't do that to a young guy who is obviously working his kinks out and it has started to show over the last few games. You don't need to sit in the press box to "gauge" positioning, they simply watch film and take it from there. This is a terrible idea and won't happen unless Kane is an unhealthy scratch.

  11. #5486
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,888
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsbears1225 View Post
    ...Imagine going to the United Center which sells out every game, and Kane isnt going to be playing because he's a healthy scratch...
    You don't have to scratch him at home you can do it on the road.

    Ultimately whether to scratch him or not comes down to what the coach feels he will benefit more from - playing through his mistakes or taking a break. But if a young player is maintaining the work ethic required in the NHL then let him work his way out of it - if mistakes are coming because of a lack of work ethic then sit him until he wants to put in the effort.

  12. #5487
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    there is no chance that the Hawks healthy sctatch kane. maybe they cut his icetime a bunch or move him down to the third of fourth line. i dont think you risk making a superstar player upset with management and throw off the team chemistry. you dont get better at anything just watching, maybe other teams are starting to figure out ways in which to slow him down, if that is the case then responsibility falls on the coaching staff to make adjustments


    When Kris Versteeg gives blood he declines the needle and asks for a handgun and a bucket.

  13. #5488
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rockford Illinois
    Posts
    635
    vCash
    1500
    Kane has said recently, like within the last week, that his ankle isn't 100%. He has looked better on this road trip he has been just half a second to late on a lot of plays that he usually makes. Long season, young guy. Use of the healthy scratch to send a message is a common practice at all levels of hockey. Not usually used for top line guys but it does get the point across. I don't think Kane is in a situation where a healthy scratch is going to help him mentally. Maybe a night off because of the leg but if he feels he can go he should go and work through it. If you are going to even mention a healthy scratch, look at Sharp first. He has been non-existant since before the winter Classic. I'm sure he can get it together but where the hell did he go? I think Seabrook is playing well for the most part. He is playing more defense this season since we have so many offensive D-men and I can appreciate that. DIdn't see the Vancouver game but i'm not going to judge anybody in one of the few butt whoopings we have taken this year.

  14. #5489
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rockford Illinois
    Posts
    635
    vCash
    1500
    OK im going with Eddie should be doing those games because he is one of the best in the league. SOme of the crap taht is on other teams broadcasts is just brutal. The only complaint I have with my NHL package. Barker is an average D-man at best and I use the word defense sparingly. We may be better off moving him to a forward position because when he is out there it is kindda like playing with 4 forwards. At least Campbell has the speed to compensate for his offensive focus. That be ing said I don't hate the guy or not wish him success. And Dew you really need to get over you Huet hate. The guy has done nothing to deserve your Ire other than be over paid, which isn't his fault. I've been impressed at the way he has handled the goalie rotation because if anybody has room to piss and moan it's him considering the contratc they gave him with a pretty much implied lead to the starting job. Both goalies should get a huge amount of credit for the way they have plaid, as well as how they have handled a tricky situation. I find it hard to complain all things considered. If you told me we'd be where we are at the begining of the year I wouldn't have really believed it. And every team gets smoked from time to time we have just been on the giving end of it this year instead of the recieving end for the most part.

  15. #5490
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,090
    vCash
    1500
    http://national-hockey-league-nhl.su...ear_candidates

    pretty decent read about the race. i'm also confused on wheeler. does anyone know what has gone down throughout his career?

    i havnt found anywhere that it says exactly what happened. But from what I can gather, it sounds like he was drafted 5th overall in 04 by phoenix but that they didn't sign him for some reason....?? So then he signed with boston over this past offseason. Can anyone verify that... and if that is what happened, why in the hell didn't we offer him more??....

    i would have liked to offer him the money that we gave niemi. i dont remember how much we gave niemi but i'm sure it would have been enough to get wheeler. and i know, everyone will say that niemi will be great and whatever, but have you seen his stats since his nice start?? i think he started out winning like 10 or 11 out of the 1st 12 games, and now his record is 12-12. not saying that records are a great indication of anything but that says something to me. also, crawford's stats are pretty much the same in every category compared to niemis. so was he really that great of a signing?...

Tags for this Thread

**** the wild, 2010 stanley cup, 2011-12, 2014, 2017, all-star, allstar, anaheim, anderson, appearances, arizona, artemi, autograph signing, autographs, avalanche, backes, bad goaltending, barack, benn, best in the world, bickell, biron, black ice, blackhawks, blackhawks coyotes, bluejackets, blues, blues suck, bolts, boston, bowman, brian campbell, bruins, brunette, buffalo, bulin, byfuglien, calgary, canadiens, canes, canucks, capitals, captain serious, car crash, carbomb, carcillo, carolina, central, chalupa batman, champions, chicago, chicago black hawks, chicago blackhawks, chicago blackhawks video, christian, coach q, colorado, congrats on the cup, courage, coyotes, crawford, cristobal huet, crosby, cup, current, dale, dallas, danault, dano, darling, datsyuk, defenseman, deja vu, detoilet, detroit, devils, dont murder me, draft, ducks, duncan, edmonton, ehroff, eichel, elliot, extension, finals, flames, fleischmann, florida, flyers, former, funny, get that w, go hawks, goal, goalie, goals, gustafsson, habs, hall, hartman, hawks, hawks fans are ok, hedger, hinostroza, historic, history, hockey, hossa, huet, hurricanes, hutchinson, icehogs, igt, injury, jersey, jets, jiri, kane, kaner, karlsson, keith, kero, kieth, kings, kovy, kruger, leafs, lightning, lightning suck balls, los angeles, lundqvist, luongo, luuuuuuuser, macintyre, malkin, maple leafs, marcus, marko, marleau, mcdavid, mighty, minnesota, minny, montreal, nashville, nbc, new jersey, new york, news, nhl, nhl draft, nhl playoffs, niemi, niemi sucks, obama, oduya, oilers, onegoal, ottawa, panarin, panthers, parise, pat foley, patrick, pavelski, penguins, phoenix, phoenix coyotes, pittsburgh, playoffs, predators, preds, press conference, prospects, pussywillow, rangers, rape, rasmussen, red wings, redwings, regular, rexall, rinne, rob, robertson, rockford, roy, rozsival, rumors, saadfather, sabres, san jose, schedule, scuderi, season, sedin, sedin sisters, seguin, sekac, senators, sexual assault, shanahan is a douche, sharks, sharp, shaw, signing, single game tickets, st louis, st. louis, stache, stadium series, stamkos, stanley, stanley cup finals, stanley cup playoffs, stars, streak, svedberg, tampa bay, tarasenko, tazer, tazer bros., tcf bank, teeth, teuvo, thornton, three, tickets, toews, tomas, toronto, trade rumors, trades, vancouver, vancouver sucks, varlamov'd, versteeg, waive, waived, washington, wcqf, weber, weise, white house, wild, win, wings, winnipeg, winter classic, world, world cup, wrigley field, write-in, yotes

View Tag Cloud

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •