Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,757

    Mark Grudzielanek?

    I was looking over the long list of free agents and I saw Grudzielanek's name. He has gotten little consideration around the league and I could see him signing a 1 year deal worth about 1 million. I think he could be a great addition to second base(I mean, who isn't over Castillo?). He plays good defense and is a solid hitter. This seems like another deal that makes so much sense it won't get done.

    Grudzielanek's stats:
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/grudzma01.shtml

    http://statcorner.com/batterAJAX.php...=2008&leag=A_L

    Lineup vs. LHP
    Reyes
    Grudzielanek(.395/.459/.523 vs LHP in 2008)
    Beltran
    Wright
    Delgado
    Tatis
    Church
    Castro

    vs. RHP
    Reyes
    Murphy
    Beltran
    Wright
    Delgado
    Church
    Grudzielanek
    Schneider
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,181
    Should of been a guy we got over Cora.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,285
    deff over castillo
    i'd rather have homer simpson at second
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,327
    i'd rather have a homosexual over castillo at second

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylee722 View Post
    Should of been a guy we got over Cora.
    Should of been YET ANOTHER guy we got over Cora.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,538
    if castillo can't hang cora will take over.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    if castillo can't hang cora will take over.
    Castillo
    Career statistics
    (through 2008 season)
    Batting average .292
    Home runs 27
    Runs batted in 386
    Stolen bases 342
    On-base percentage .367

    Cora
    Career statistics
    (through 2008 season)
    Batting average .245
    Home runs 34
    Runs batted in 242

    Yeah, Cora's the savior, good call.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    Castillo
    Career statistics
    (through 2008 season)
    Batting average .292
    Home runs 27
    Runs batted in 386
    Stolen bases 342
    On-base percentage .367

    Cora
    Career statistics
    (through 2008 season)
    Batting average .245
    Home runs 34
    Runs batted in 242

    Yeah, Cora's the savior, good call.

    were the hell did i say he was the savor? oh, thats right i didn't. all i said is that cora will be castillo's back-up if castillo fails. i never said i liked it. i want hudson. but i've also come to terms with the fact that that isn't happening.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    10,327
    Lets not start sucking each other di*ks quite yet

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,757
    I would like a Cora/Grudzielanek platoon.
    Cora vs. RHP(2008):.266/.378/.363
    Grudzielanek vs. LHP(2008):.395/.459/.523

    That is a good platoon IMO, especially when you consider both are good defensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinke Masta View Post
    Lets not start sucking each other di*ks quite yet








    your

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,640
    no one is getting signed unless Castillo is somehow off the team. If he were, Orlando Hudson would already be on the team as the second baseman.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    were the hell did i say he was the savor? oh, thats right i didn't. all i said is that cora will be castillo's back-up if castillo fails. i never said i liked it. i want hudson. but i've also come to terms with the fact that that isn't happening.
    Well that's different, it sounded like you felt everything was fine. There's some major question marks with Castillo, but I don't think the team's gonna budge on their commitment to him now. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if I never had to see that horrendously crap swing of his again on this team, but I'm equally pessimistic about Alex Cora. If Cora was brought in mainly for 2B insurance, there were just so many better options available imo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    80
    i have to agree mark grudzielanek is a great player gets on base more gets lots of hits but the one little down fall is he also strikes out lot too but if you could gets this guy he would be a nice right handed second baseman and if i were the mets keep castillo down in AAA for the hole year lol

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    17,181
    Castillo will be fine. Everyone calm your ****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •