Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I've been on the site for a few months now, annoying the crap out of everyone with my opinions, but I haven't properly introduced myself.

The crazy numbers in my name are the Super Bowls the Steelers won. They earned rings for Super Bowls 9, 10, 13, 14, 40, and 43. I get a lot of questions about the username, so I felt the need to explain it.

Favorite current player: LaMarr Woodley. I like quiet, underrated players, though he caused a stir with his comments about the Bengals and Patriots laying low for the final game of the season. Anyway, he's overshadowed by Harrison, Polamalu, Farrior, but he's just as effective. Before the season started I got a Woodley jersey, and got a lot of "Who is 56 on the Steelers?" questions. Another is Mike Wallace. I just like it when rookies do well on any team. I had a tough time disliking Joe Flacco and Ray Rice two seasons ago, even though they're on the Ravens. But this past season, and seasons future, they're fair game.

Favorite former player: Jerome Bettis. I'm young and wasn't alive for their hayday in the 70's. Became a fan in 2003 in the midst of their 6-10 season (I laugh at people who try calling me a bandwagoner. And like I said, I'm young), Bettis is the monumental figure that I'm going to remember for my whole life even though he retired just as I was starting to get obsessed with the team and the game of football as a whole. I also really miss Alan Faneca. I was pulling for them today against the Colts.

Favorite Steelers Game: 2005 Divisional Round against the Colts. With the no-catch by Polamalu, and a stupid false start/offsides that kept Indy's drive going, I laugh at people who complain about the referees. A great team is one who can beat the opposition AND the refs.

Favorite Steelers Play: Tie. One was against the Bengals in the regular season, again of 2005. Roethlisberger was in shotgun. Randle El came in motion, and either got the direct snap or was handed the ball by Roethlisberger on a reverse. Began to run upfield, then turned around and threw the ball back to Roethlisberger. Ben caught the ball, looked up field, and released a bomb to then-rookie Heath Miller for a touchdown. The other was Holmse's Super Bowl 43 game winning grab. A wild card is, for some reason, the 8 or 9 yard reception by Hines Ward that made him the franchise's leading receiver in catches.

My father is from Pittsburgh. I've been to the city once or twice, and never to a Steelers game. I live in New England. Can't stand the Patriots, but a fan of all other Boston sports, though I don't really pay attention to them. American Football is pretty much my one and only.

Thanks for taking me in, fellow Steelers fans. You know you're a fan of a good team when a 9-7 season is considered a disaster. I got faith in next year. Pittsburgh will be back.

vCash
    Ah I was wondering what those numbers meant in your name. Cool.

vCash
    Hurry up April and get here already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polamalu43322 View Post
    Hurry up April and get here already!
    Amen

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler? - Lamarr Woodley the guy is a monster. He is highly underrated I love the way he plays and he always seems to make the play when it counts. He has so much potential to grow still he is only 25. I see him being a big time player for us for years to come.

Who's your favourite former Steeler? Alan Fanaca i know he has only been gone a few years but he was one of the best guards in football and when we let him walk is when our trouble on the line began i'd kill to have him back

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? -
    Anything else you'd like to share? - I follow basketball and hockey. I'm a penguins fan and in basketball i cheer for Melo and CP3

Something to share? I was born and raised in pittsburgh live long steelers fan and currently go to slippery rock university and major in physical education and minor in coaching
    Last edited by jrm2054; 01-12-2012 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    Welcome to PSD JRM

I miss Alan too, but our line problems began the year before he left, when Jeff Hartings retired

I do really miss both of them though

vCash
    Yea your right about it starting when hartings retired but i just saw losing fanaca as more of a hit but hartings was a big lose

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler? ward , wallace

Who's your favourite former Steeler? frank o'harris

Are there any Steeler games you remmeber more than others? against the cardinals, two of my kids like them. my other 2 like steelers. got real intense here.

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? don't watch much of anything else. but heck GO KY WILDCATS

Anything else you'd like to share? Yeah hope the ravens and bengals suck this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWallaceFan View Post

Anything else you'd like to share? Yeah hope the ravens and bengals suck this year
    wish it would happen but prob won't

Welcome to the forum

vCash
    Been here a while but never really officially claimed my alliance with the Steelers

Who's your favourite current Steeler? Not sure, it tends to change often but I come back to Heath Miller alot. I think and claim to all my friends he is the best TE in the NFL, blocks and catches better than anyone.

Who's your favourite former Steeler? Kavin Greene...wasn't here really long but wasn't afraid to bring the pain.

Are there any Steeler games you remmeber more than others? Playoff game against the colts in 05 i think it was. I was at a bar next to a colts fan...bought him two shots after ben's tackle.

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? Die hard Red Sox fan, 76ers fan, and Pens fan

Anything else you'd like to share? My friend once played wingman to his other friend by pretending to be Joe Flacco's brother over the phone...pissed at him for not saying something bad about Unibrow.

vCash

Hello all.....brand new to this

First, hello to all...

Favorite current Steeler..... Mr. Smith

Favorite former Steeler..... Louie Lipps

I actually remember the last Superbowl year; went to three games that year the last game of season which was against the BRownies, then went to the two home Playoff games....just simply amazing.

I am a Burgh fan, Pens and ugh.. the pIRATES too (don't know how long on that one).

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler?
    Troy Polamalu and not just cuz of the hair.

Who's your favourite former Steeler?
    Lynn Swann

Are there any Steeler games you remember more than others?
    All the AFC Championship/playoff games that stopped us from getting to the SB, the first one I remember was against the Chargers, then the Chargers got romped by the Niners in the SB

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of?
    It's mainly football nowadays. Some of my other favorite teams are the Bulls, Mariners and Fresno State Bulldogs

Anything else you'd like to share?
    I was born a west coast Steeler fan, I'm just waiting for the Steelers to play the Niners in Frisco so I can finally see my first live NFL game cuz I don't feel like gettin stabbed in Oakland. I've been in this forum for over a year or so and never checked in!

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler? Hines Ward/ Mike Wallace

Who's your favourite former Steeler? Lynn Swann

Are there any Steeler games you remember more than others? Superbowl against Cardinals and any game against the Browns!

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? All sports, Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers, and The Ohio State Buckeyes.

Anything else you'd like to share? I am from Cleveland but have a strong connection to the Steelers and love them! Can't wait to see what Mike Wallace can do this year!

vCash
    Welcome. Stick around and talk foosball with us this year!

vCash

Gotta love them Steeler fans

Camp just started, I can't f*ckin wait....

Favorite Current Steeler.....Hines Ward and Heaaaaatttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But I still love you Ben.

Favorite Former Steeler...... Levon Kirkland and Greg Lloyd!!!!!

Game to remember... When Lee Flowers called the Tampa Bay Bucs paper champions after we smashed them ( I was in sweden watching via satellite)

I watch MMA and Baseball.

I root for the Steelers above all else....then the Astros and I hate the Mets with a passion.

If any of you guys live in Colorado--check out the rusty bucket (steelers bar)...ask for ronnie (not frankie, he's a stupid pats fan).

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast