Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Welcome to the Steelers forum, hired goons. Stay active man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hired goons View Post
    Who's your favorite current Steeler?
    Heeeeeeeeeeath Miller - doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is a blocking machine and if if you throw to him, he catches it and is good for some YAC
    Who's your favorite former Steelers
    70's - Mel Blount; he was so dominant and he changed every game
    80's - Mike Webster; Iron Mike... need I say more?
    90's - Greg Lloyd; a freaking monster
    Are there any Steeler games you remember more than others?
    The 05 Week 14 against the Bears; the snow, and the Bus running over what was widely considered the best defense at the time.
    What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of?
    I am a total homer... Pitt, Pirates, Pens - F_ck Penn State, the Ravens and the Yankees!
    Totally agree. I don't understand why we don't pass to him more on some quick patterns, or use him to split the defense a bit more. Nice to see some love for him. Welcome by the way

vCash
    Heaths a great talent and a cool fella

vCash
    My favorite current Steeler: Hines ward toughest player on the time by far

My favorite Former Steeler: The Bus! so fun to watch

My Top games: Def super 43 was awesome but the 2002 tie against the falcons were we ended up catching the ball on the one and ending in a tie was something. Coming back from 17 pt downs in the 3rd quarter of the 2002 playoffs against the browns was a very memorable moment as well. i could go on ha

My favorite Other team: New Orlean hornets and philadphia flyers

vCash
    What's up steeler fans---I am new here, but hit the ground running---I can already see i am going to have to learn what topics to post on the NFL forums, and ones to post somewhere else--about 1/2 of my threads I created get moved somewhere else! LOL!---Oh well, I'll get the hang of it, or whoever i am working to death will kick me out...LOL!----I'll do what I can to try to come up with topics,and stuff to talk about, and try to be a cool online personalitity----I play guitar,have for many years-and I am a certified football nut--as you will see by the number of posts I do--I don't have many people to talk football with,so you guys will have to bear with me....Hit me up sometime if you guys want to talk about something--just don't be mad if i can't find out where everything is, i am still learning this site....take care steeler nation---

vCash
    Big Ben
    I like the Bus too but I liked Greg Lloyd man that guy was a beast
    This year's Super Bowl.
    You already know rain. Just cheking out the site

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Welcome, are you another Steelrain recruit?
    LOL!--yes he is---good guy too, knows his stuff---

vCash

vCash
    Here's a few questions to get started:

Who's your favourite current Steeler?
    I have to say it is Santonio Holmes, this guy is becoming an all around threat. Plus, he was a Buckeye and I live in C-bus!

Who's your favourite former Steeler?
    No Doubt it was Rod Woodson, too bad they gave up on his abilites before he got his ring.

Are there any Steeler games you remmeber more than others?
    2008's win against the Patriot's, in their house! what a win!

I follow The Columbus Blue Jackets! Used to be the Pens, but we have our own team now.
    Anything else you'd like to share?
    This could be a magical year for the Steelers. I am taking my fiance and her son to the Steelers/Packers game. It will be awesome!!

-----------------------------------

***Not a member? Register here and talk Steelers football with us.***[/QUOTE]

vCash

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler?
    Heath Miller

Greg Lloyd

1995 AFC Championship San Diego 17, Pittsburgh 13
    2006 AFC Divisional Pittsburgh 21, Indianapolis 18

Hockey - huge Pens fan
    Baseball - Pirates (little frustrated being a fan, but still continue)
    College Basketball - Villanova (Alma mater)

Anything else you'd like to share?
    Haha I love watching our pittsburgh teams beat Philly's teams

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler? Hines Ward, I gotta love a WR who can lay down a hit/block just as well as a defensive player.

I honestly don't know too much about Steelers history. I'll have to say the Bus until I learn more about the great defenses of the Steel Curtain. With over 75 years of history, I can't wait to learn about this team.

I haven't seen a lot of Steelers games either, so this question will have to remain unanswered until I can see more. The Superbowl last year was a hugely dramatic game with a great ending, so for now I will pick that.

I don't really watch a lot of other sports, football is my main thing.

Anything else you'd like to share? I don't know how well this will be accepted in this forum, but allow me to explain why it is that I'm all of sudden popping in. With the signing of Mike Vick to the Eagles, I cannot support them and justify to myself why, so I as long as he plays for the Eagles, I will support my girlfriend's team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. I always have liked the Steelers, and rooted for them whenever they were in the Superbowl, but I have never been a fan. Call me a bandwagon jumper or a heartless human for not giving Vick a second chance if you want, but I hope to learn much about the rich history of the Steelers here.

I was also curious, what would be the suggestions for my first Steelers jersey? I was thinking Hines Ward.
    Last edited by Blackbelt749; 08-24-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Professional athletes forget sometimes that the word PROFESSIONAL comes first. Act like a professional, follow the rules of the game and laws of where you live. Play hard, enjoy your great career, and be a good person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbelt749 View Post
    I was also curious, what would be the suggestions for my first Steelers jersey? I was thinking Hines Ward.
    Well, Hines would be a good choice seeing that he is your favorite current Steeler. He is getting up there in age so he might not be around for a whole lot longer. If you wanted something for the long haul, I'd go with Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu or Santonio Holmes. Three younger guys that will be a Steeler for a long time. But again, a Hines Ward jersey will always be fashionable. You can't go wrong there.

Also, welcome aboard man. You'll be accepted here, don't worry about that. I completely understand where you're coming from with the whole Mike Vick thing. And you made a good choice for your new team.

Stay active bro, it'll be a fun season in here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Well, Hines would be a good choice seeing that he is your favorite current Steeler. He is getting up there in age so he might not be around for a whole lot longer. If you wanted something for the long haul, I'd go with Ben Roethlisberger, Troy Polamalu or Santonio Holmes. Three younger guys that will be a Steeler for a long time. But again, a Hines Ward jersey will always be fashionable. You can't go wrong there.

Also, welcome aboard man. You'll be accepted here, don't worry about that. I completely understand where you're coming from with the whole Mike Vick thing. And you made a good choice for your new team.

Stay active bro, it'll be a fun season in here.
    Thanks a lot. We both have my girlfriend to thank for my picking the Steelers.
    Professional athletes forget sometimes that the word PROFESSIONAL comes first. Act like a professional, follow the rules of the game and laws of where you live. Play hard, enjoy your great career, and be a good person.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast