Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 643
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,267
    vCash
    1500

    Pittsburgh Steelers 2014 draft thread

    Let's talk who do we want






  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,030
    vCash
    500
    That Sammy Watkins kid looks pretty good.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,267
    vCash
    1500
    I'd prefer Lee but like them both






  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    12,928
    vCash
    3425
    In early mocks it seems as though we get one of four guys:
    Mike Evans, WR, Texas A & M
    Marquis Lee, WR, USC
    Jake Matthews, T, Texas A & M
    Tayler Lewan, T, Michigan

    If it comes down to those 4 I like Matthews the best. He already plays with a QB that holds onto the ball far too long and moves A LOT. The difference is the Little Bastard doesn't go down because he is slippery, and Ben doesn't go down because he's good. I also don't mind Mike Evans. Hes a big strong WR and he rarely has a ball thrown in a really 'catchable' spot. I think he's a WR that will really EXPLODE in the NFL. Lee is good, but what you see now is what you get. Lewan is like most B1G guys right now and is suspect to getting beat on speed rushes.

    If we take Jake Matthews I want to see us pull a rarity and move back into the low first and grab Jordan Mathews out of Vanderbilt. The guys is a beast.

    Nix and Tuitt, DT and DE out of ND will rise close to draft day as they are physical specimens. I know it's not a need, but you never know.

    Keep an eye on Khalil Mack out of Buffalo. That kid is the real deal.

    My homer pick in round two would be Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech. the kid is Ike 2.0. He 6'1" 181 lbs hits like a Mack truck, 2 INTs, 5 passes broken up, 1 FF, 52 tackles in 2012, and did that while being targeted like 70 times all season.

    Antone Exum, across from Fuller on the same D, is another 6'1" corner. He's 224, but I project to be more of a safety than a corner. Just a tad too tight in the hips to play corner in the NFL.

    Shayne Skov. I've been wanting that kid in the black and gold for almost three years now. He's this generations Jack Lambert. A tough SOB, hates everyone, very physical.

    Allen Robinson. My buddy up here. Dude is a man child. Played some light flag football with him over the summer so I got to see him up close and personal. Side note is Hackenburg was passing to him, but usually I play decent D. Robinson caught everything while I was covering him. He's precise in his routes. Violent cuts in and out of routes. The strongest hands I have ever seen.

    Finally Stephen Obeng-Agyapong. He's listed at 5'10" 205, but he said that's a lie. He's 6'1" 230. Moved to OLB a bit last year, plays there almost 90% of the time now. He said he wanted to come out last year but draft experts said he would be an UDFA, because he's a tad slow to play S and teams would want him at LB. So Bill helped him make the move over and he's been outstanding. Faster than Timmons, hits like a semitruck, as movable and smart as Troy, and durable like Ike. Can cover a TE like white on rice.
    #BanMiltstar


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,030
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    In early mocks it seems as though we get one of four guys:
    Mike Evans, WR, Texas A & M
    Marquis Lee, WR, USC
    Jake Matthews, T, Texas A & M
    Tayler Lewan, T, Michigan

    If it comes down to those 4 I like Matthews the best. He already plays with a QB that holds onto the ball far too long and moves A LOT. The difference is the Little Bastard doesn't go down because he is slippery, and Ben doesn't go down because he's good. I also don't mind Mike Evans. Hes a big strong WR and he rarely has a ball thrown in a really 'catchable' spot. I think he's a WR that will really EXPLODE in the NFL. Lee is good, but what you see now is what you get. Lewan is like most B1G guys right now and is suspect to getting beat on speed rushes.

    If we take Jake Matthews I want to see us pull a rarity and move back into the low first and grab Jordan Mathews out of Vanderbilt. The guys is a beast.

    Nix and Tuitt, DT and DE out of ND will rise close to draft day as they are physical specimens. I know it's not a need, but you never know.

    Keep an eye on Khalil Mack out of Buffalo. That kid is the real deal.

    My homer pick in round two would be Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech. the kid is Ike 2.0. He 6'1" 181 lbs hits like a Mack truck, 2 INTs, 5 passes broken up, 1 FF, 52 tackles in 2012, and did that while being targeted like 70 times all season.

    Antone Exum, across from Fuller on the same D, is another 6'1" corner. He's 224, but I project to be more of a safety than a corner. Just a tad too tight in the hips to play corner in the NFL.

    Shayne Skov. I've been wanting that kid in the black and gold for almost three years now. He's this generations Jack Lambert. A tough SOB, hates everyone, very physical.

    Allen Robinson. My buddy up here. Dude is a man child. Played some light flag football with him over the summer so I got to see him up close and personal. Side note is Hackenburg was passing to him, but usually I play decent D. Robinson caught everything while I was covering him. He's precise in his routes. Violent cuts in and out of routes. The strongest hands I have ever seen.

    Finally Stephen Obeng-Agyapong. He's listed at 5'10" 205, but he said that's a lie. He's 6'1" 230. Moved to OLB a bit last year, plays there almost 90% of the time now. He said he wanted to come out last year but draft experts said he would be an UDFA, because he's a tad slow to play S and teams would want him at LB. So Bill helped him make the move over and he's been outstanding. Faster than Timmons, hits like a semitruck, as movable and smart as Troy, and durable like Ike. Can cover a TE like white on rice.
    This guy watches a lot of college football.

    I'm watching USC right now, and Marquise Lee just had a ball go through his hands and bounce off his helmet for a INT. I've pretty much never watched him before so not sure if he has bad hands or if that's just a fluke

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,267
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    This guy watches a lot of college football.

    I'm watching USC right now, and Marquise Lee just had a ball go through his hands and bounce off his helmet for a INT. I've pretty much never watched him before so not sure if he has bad hands or if that's just a fluke
    A fluke I watched some and he had two big plays hell he almost won the hers an last year not that that means he's good but still I like him






  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    12,928
    vCash
    3425

    Pittsburgh Steelers 2014 draft thread

    I don't watch a whole lot. I just key in on a few guys who fill needs and/or fit the city (gritty blue collar guys).

    And that was very rare for Lee. Given Kiffens recent firing it kinda explains his drop in stock.
    #BanMiltstar


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    10,121
    vCash
    1500
    We need a LT desperately bad.. if we pick in the top 5 i hope Jake Matthews falls to us.. I like Lewan but he projects better to RT and the last thing we need is another Mike Adams. We will see how people improve.

    Wouldn't count out Clowney but if we end up taking him id probably switch to the 4-3 because i think he translates better to that

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southern Cal.805.
    Posts
    6,052
    vCash
    1500
    I would have to agree on getting a LT, like Jake Matthews.

    BUT........ Im sure the FO is probably wanting to see what Mike Adams will do. If they think he has progressed i can see us taking Marquise Lee. Now, Im a die hard USC fan, and College football, I do want everyone to know, that Lee may have sustained a serious knee injury last night vs ASU. Hopefully its not.

    Jadeveon Clowney would be fine in our Defense. And Roby the CB from Ohio State is good.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    12,928
    vCash
    3425
    If Lee did injure himself it may be good news for us, as bad as it sounds. It may allow him to drop to the second round and allow us to get a steal.

    Honestly if we are in the top 5, unless Matthews drops to us we need to move back. I want to find a team that will give us the moon. How many teams have 2 firsts this year? get 2 firsts in 2014, a 3rd, and a 2015 second. That's what we need. Then move the second first for a second in 2014 and a first in 2015. Just move in general.

    And lastly...If we can get JaDeveon Clowney....trade Woodley and go to a 4-3. Rush Jarvis on the same side as JaDeveon. One of two things happens. They pickup both and leave Keisel unblocked on the other side. Or they forget to block one of Clowney or Jones.

    And once again.....NO MORE PET PROJECTS IN LATE ROUNDS!!!!
    #BanMiltstar


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    10,121
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If Lee did injure himself it may be good news for us, as bad as it sounds. It may allow him to drop to the second round and allow us to get a steal.

    Honestly if we are in the top 5, unless Matthews drops to us we need to move back. I want to find a team that will give us the moon. How many teams have 2 firsts this year? get 2 firsts in 2014, a 3rd, and a 2015 second. That's what we need. Then move the second first for a second in 2014 and a first in 2015. Just move in general.

    And lastly...If we can get JaDeveon Clowney....trade Woodley and go to a 4-3. Rush Jarvis on the same side as JaDeveon. One of two things happens. They pickup both and leave Keisel unblocked on the other side. Or they forget to block one of Clowney or Jones.

    And once again.....NO MORE PET PROJECTS IN LATE ROUNDS!!!!
    Keisel wont be around next year.. Going to start invigorating the D with some youth.. especially former first round picks who've been learning for years

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    19,612
    vCash
    1500
    Mike Evans or Clowney

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    54,267
    vCash
    1500
    I say Lee or Watkins the top wrs or Matthews. Our biggest need will be tackles and we next year losing sanders and Adams and Gilbert suck






  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    19,612
    vCash
    1500
    We need a big WR. Evans. I'm not opposed to Sammy either though.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southern Cal.805.
    Posts
    6,052
    vCash
    1500
    Well... If the draft happened today, we'd be either 1,2,3.

    So we could have choices of

    Clowney, Lee, Matthews.

    I just don't know where Clowney would fit. Anyone have an answer? Isn't Hood a FA after this season? So, that could work. And yes, I do like Ziggy.

    Matthews would be a staple LT for years to come. He's smart, strong, and a leader. I think he'd be a big boost for the OL. And could start right away.

    Now Marquise Lee, he's interesting. Now, I do wanna say, I'm a die hard SC fan, and I've watched this kid develop, flourish and become a leader for my beloved Trojans. I'll throw my bias assessment aside.

    Lee in my opinion, is the best natural WR in this draft. I think once he's back healthy from his severe knee sprain he suffered vs ASU, he's the best in the Country. He's consistently drawing 2x and 3x coverage. This kid may be the next big thing at WR in the NFL. Yes, he's that damn good. He has every tool in the shed. Size, SPEED, hands, route running, smarts, special teams returner, punt and kickoff. The only knack would be his downfield blocking. He would translate into our Offense very well. I've read that some people have said that he's the best WR to come out since Dez Bryant. So, we shall see. I think of he comes out, Lee is top 5. Depends on needs of course
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.


Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •