Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Steelers fans check in!

A few other team forums have these, I thought it would be a good idea to put one in here too

If there's any guests viewing, click register in the top left hand corner of your screen, come and introduce yourself and talk Steelers with us

Here's a few questions to get started:

Who's your favourite current Steeler?

Who's your favourite former Steeler?

Are there any Steeler games you remmeber more than others?

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of?

Anything else you'd like to share?

-----------------------------------

***Not a member? Register here and talk Steelers football with us.***
    Last edited by NYMetros; 02-22-2009 at 11:31 AM.

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler? -I'd have to say James Farrior. He doesn't get as much publicity as some of our other players, but he's one of the key members of our defense. He leads us in tackling every year, and is a great leader.

Who's your favourite former Steeler? -I wasn't around in the 70s, but looking back at old footage and reading different things about that era, I've always been a fan of Joe Greene. He was one of the first players to come in and change the atmosphere in Pittsburgh. After the Chuck Noll hiring, he was the first step towards the dynasty of the 70s.

Are there any Steeler games you remmeber more than others? - A couple from the '05 season stand out to me. The first one is the Bears game, where we were desperate for a win. That was the turning point of the season.

The game in Indy in the divisional round as well, that was just an incredible game. Everyone always remembers the Bettis fumble, but I remember Ben playing nearly perfect in the first quarter (one INT was thrown when he got hit in the arm, but besides that he was perfect). We went for it on a load of 4th downs towards the end of the game, it was intense.

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? - The only other sport I follow closely is basketball, and I'm a big Laker fan

Anything else you'd like to share? - I'm studying photography at university, and one of my goals is to go and work in Pittsburgh one day. I'm a big fan of the work done by W. Eugene Smith there.

vCash
    Who's your favorite current Steeler? My favorite Steeler is Ben Roethlisberger, his rookie year was the year that I really started to get into football. He always seems to come through in the clutch, whether it be making a tackle in Indy or leading the Steelers to a Super Bowl winning TD.

Who's your favorite former Steeler? Since I wasn't alive to see the dynasty in the '70s I will stick to the only real iconic Steeler that has retired in my life and that is Jerome Bettis. Watching him play was awesome, that big of a man being that graceful on his feet was just amazing to watch.

Are there any Steeler games you remember more than others? The game I remember more than any others is the Steelers/Colts game in the 2005 divisional round. I remember going in to that game thinking that was where the playoff run was going to end and then having them jump on the Colts early and then surviving that incredible ending was just thrilling.

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? I really like college football and college basketball. I go to North Carolina State so I'm a fan of them first and then also Penn State.

Anything else you'd like to share? I was born in Pittsburgh and moved to North Carolina about 8 years ago. I'm a junior Accounting major at North Carolina State.

vCash
    I'll throw my **** down.

Who's your favourite current Steeler? - Ben Roethlisberger. Have his autograph on like 15 different items, got his home and away jersey. He's been my favorite ever since he came into the league.

Who's your favourite former Steeler? - I'm only 18 so there's not a whole lot to choose from. But Plaxico Burress was always my favorite Steeler until Ben came in. I was pissed when we let him go, but I think we made a good choice. Great athlete, not a smart one though. Other than that, I would have to say the Bus, Bettis.

Are there any Steeler games you remmeber more than others? - Like mentioned above, the 05 game vs. the Colts in the playoff was one of the greatest games I've ever watched. Before that, I would have to say the loss in the AFC Championship to the Patriots in 04. That was just crushing.

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? - My #1 sport is baseball, big time Cubs fan. I am a big Fighting Illini football/basketball fan. NBA and NHL I like, but don't really have a favorite team. I am also a fan of the UFC.

Anything else you'd like to share? - I'm 18, a freshman at Southern Illinois University studying to be a history teacher either in the middle school or high school level.

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler? - Hines Ward.

Who's your favourite former Steeler? - Jerome Bettis.

Are there any Steeler games you remember more than others? - 2005 AFC Wild Card game vs Indy.

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? - I watch baseball and basketball. I root for the Dodgers and Pirates in baseball and the 76ers in basketball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    Who's your favourite current Steeler? - Hines Ward.

Who's your favourite former Steeler? - Jerome Bettis.

Are there any Steeler games you remember more than others? - 2005 AFC Wild Card game vs Indy.

What other sports do you watch, and what other teams are you a fan of? - I watch baseball and basketball. I root for the Dodgers and Pirates in baseball and the 76ers in basketball.
    I always thought you were a Pistons fan for some reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I always thought you were a Pistons fan for some reason
    I like them both. Mainly the Sixers though.

vCash
    Ben and Holmes
    Kordell Stewart
    Big bens rookie year against New England and Philly bk-2-bk beating them both while undefeated. and of course indy in the playoffs
    i watch everything but basketball is definately my 2nd sport to watch and whereever Vince Carter is..is my team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetros View Post
    I like them both. Mainly the Sixers though.
    Fair enough.

I've never been able to get myself behind two teams of the same sport. I liked the way the Pistons played when they still had Chauncey, have always liked the way the Spurs with Duncan play, and like the way the Nuggets are playing this season, but I couldn't call myself a fan...

Quote Originally Posted by carter15 View Post
    Ben and Holmes
    Kordell Stewart
    Big bens rookie year against New England and Philly bk-2-bk beating them both while undefeated. and of course indy in the playoffs
    i watch everything but basketball is definately my 2nd sport to watch and whereever Vince Carter is..is my team.
    Who will you go with when Vince retires?

vCash
    Didnt we used to have one of these? I looked but couldnt find it...Id like to compare my answers

Who's your favorite current Steeler? Do I really need to say

Who's your favorite former Steeler? The BUS/Greg LLOYD

Are there any Steeler games you remember more than others? SB XXX was my first heartbreaker & I didnt like Neil O'Donnell before that game HATE is the only thing that comes to mind now

I was @ Jeromes final Home game when he scored 3TD and they did an AWESOME tribute video near the end of the game :cry: < ME

NFL - Carolina Panthers
    MLB - Buccos/ChiSox
    NBA - Magic/Lakers
    NHL - Pens
    NCAA - THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES/PITT
    THE Ohio State University

I LOVE PITTSBURGH 6 SB Trophies, 5 World Series Trophies, 3 Stanley Cups
    BEN
    SID

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusncleats View Post
    Didnt we used to have one of these? I looked but couldnt find it...Id like to compare my answers
    I looked for it too. Couldn't find it. Not sure what happened to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusncleats View Post
    Who's your favorite current Steeler? Do I really need to say
    Hmmmm... I have no idea here.

I can't wait until Seneca comes in here.

His answer to favorite current Steeler will be Byron Leftwich.

(even though Byron's leaving next year...)

vCash
    Yeah I couldn't find the old one, so thought I might as well start a new one...

vCash
    Who's your favourite current Steeler(s)? Santonio Holmes, James Harrison, Anthony Smith

Who's your favourite former Steeler(s)? Greg LLoyd and Joey Porter

Are there any Steeler games you remember more than others? This past Super Bowl will go down as one of my great memories because of Holmes' catch....but I like reflecting back on the game a number of years back when we were down at the half by a ton of points (20+ to Baltimore I believe)...and we orchestrated a massive comeback to win. If I'm not mistaken Kordell was the QB then...I just remember being so frustrated at one point only to be amazed more and more with each passing play.

Some golf but that's about it. I'm a football fan to the core.

Anything else you'd like to share?
    Only.......GO STEELERS!

vCash
    Welcome to the Steelers Forum.

vCash
    This is my first day on the forum, hope to contribute.

My favorite current Steeler: Hines Ward, I just love the way he plays the game.

My favorite Former Steeler: The Bus

My Top games: 2 of them. The 2005 Indy playoff game and this years Super Bowl. They were both so nerve racking at the end of the game, I will never forget them.

My favorite Other team: Boston Redsox, My teams have won several championships the last several years. I'm going broke with all the Championship stuff I buy, but it's worth it.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast