Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    1 - Location: Melbourne, Australia

2 - Favorite Current Packer: Charles Woodson

3 - Favorite Former Packer: Brett Favre

4 - How long have you been a Packer backer: 5 Seasons

5 - Anything else you'd like us to know: I started watching NFL a few weeks into the 2003 season. I was on school holidays and very bored. Being a big fan of Australian football I thought I'd check out what the American code was like.

The first game I ever watched was Seattle vs St Louis. It took me half the game to work out what that yellow line did and why the players stopped going for the ball whenever it hit the ground.

Seattle made a great comeback scoring two touchdowns in the last quarter to win by a point. I then couldn't understand why all the players walked on to the field celebrating, and the rams just gave up with 40 seconds to go when they were only down by a point... lol!

I watched several games over the next few weeks, just as a neutral, waiting to pick the right team for me. Then along came the Packers and Brett Favre won me over. I had my first man crush. It was the Monday night game vs the Vikings and Brett had his thumb in a splint.

See here in Aus, if a football players breaks a finger they're out for at least a month. But this guy was just flinching every now and then. And throwing the ball like I had never seen before. It was at that moment that I realised I was a packer backer.

Ahh memories.
    Last edited by BJ<3; 04-27-2009 at 08:02 AM. Reason: grammer

vCash
    Welcome to the Packers forum!

Enjoy.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    1 - Location: Boise, Idaho
    2 - Favorite Current Packer: Aaron Rodgers / Greg Jennings
    3 - Favorite Former Packer: Tony Mandarich(JK LOL) Sterling Sharpe
    4 - How long have you been a Packer backer: Birth (31years)
    5 - Anything else you'd like us to know: #4 is dead to me!!
    Also Dexter kicks ***!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mwasko78 View Post
    2 - Favorite Current Packer: Aaron Rodgers / Greg Jennings
    3 - Favorite Former Packer: Tony Mandarich(JK LOL) Sterling Sharpe
    4 - How long have you been a Packer backer: Birth (31years)
    5 - Anything else you'd like us to know: #4 is dead to me!!
    Also Dexter kicks ***!!
    As in...Dexter Morgan?

If so, thats what i like to hear!

vCash
    1 - Location: Grayslake, Illinois
    2 - Favorite Current Packer: Aaron Rodgers
    3 - Favorite Former Packer: Brett Favre
    4 - How long have you been a Packer backer: Since birth (22 yrs)
    5 - Anything else you'd like us to know: My family have been season ticket holders for over 50 years. I'm extremely pleased with the Packers team this year and the direction they're going in. I predict them to be 11-5 this year and win the NFC north.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    As in...Dexter Morgan?

If so, thats what i like to hear!
    Big Dexter fan as well, I'm sure you appreciate my log in name as it was once an alias for Dexter and another famous fictional serial killer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Big Dexter fan as well, I'm sure you appreciate my log in name as it was once an alias for Dexter and another famous fictional serial killer.
    Yeah, i remember he did use that alias in one episode although i can't remember which one.

Maybe the one where he was talking to the shrink..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Yeah, i remember he did use that alias in one episode although i can't remember which one.

Maybe the one where he was talking to the shrink..
    Yeah it was a while back but I definitely see a strong correlation between Dexter and American Pyscho. The whole narration of thoughts while having to be very secretive.

vCash
    2 - Favorite Current Packer: Those who play tough with pride all the time, and don't whine about contracts; Jennings, Kampman, Rodgers
    3 - Favorite Former Packer: all of 'em but especially the Lombardi guys (Starr, Nitschke, Dale, Dowler, tc), Dickey, Lofton, Coffman, White, Butler. Faver (but he's starting to slip after last year)
    4 - How long have you been a Packer backer: forever. started with season tickets as a kid from 1962 to 1971.
    5 - Anything else you'd like us to know: grew up in Green Bay; in 8th grade Bart Starr picked me up hitchiking from Allouez to downtown GB, and then he remembered it 6-months later after a game while getting autographs!; (one of) Paul Hornung's girlfriends was on my paper route, so while collecting one time, she went to the bedroom to get spare change and he came to the door and invited me in to talk...she was all dolled up and apparently they were going out on the town ... awesome kid experience!

Also, not convinced MM has good play calling or clock managment skills...but hope springs eternal.

One last thing: Dude name has to do with The Big Lebowski ... great, very re-watchable, movie
    Last edited by dudejcb; 06-03-2009 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    Somewhat of a late entry here...

Favorite Current Packer: That's like picking a favorite child, but I really do like Greg Jennings.
    Favorite Former Packer: Reggie White (RIP)
    How long have you been a Packer backer: I started watching the Packers around when I was 7, and haven't looked back.
    Anything else you'd like us to know: For all the bashing TT takes, he's also done a lot of good things for this organization...believe it or not.

vCash
    1 - Location: Mankato MN
    2 - Favorite Current Packer: Donald Driver
    3 - Favorite Former Packer: LeRoy Butler
    4 - How long have you been a Packer backer: As long as I have been watching football rather than just running around as a kid playing football
    5 - Anything else you'd like us to know: I was born in Green Bay but was raised in Montana where my family moved when I was a little kid.

vCash
    Welcome to the Packers forum!

Stay active and enjoy.

vCash
    OK, I'll probably be around more during the season, but I'm glad to find a new spot (the old forum I was at disappeared)

vCash
    1 - Location: South Dakota
    2 - Favorite Current Packer: Rodgers/Driver
    3 - Favorite Former Packer: Fuzzy T and Earl Lambeau
    4 - How long have you been a Packer backer: 15 years
    5 - Anything else you'd like us to know: Married a Viking fan, she became a packer fan honeymooned in Green Bay, go to two games a year in GB and one in Minny, have a dog named Vincent Lombardi and one named Early "Curly" Lambeau.

vCash
    1 - Location: Arlington Heights, IL

2 - Favorite Current Packer: Greg Jennings

3 - Favorite Former Packer: Brett Favre :P

4 - How long have you been a Packer backer: Since I was 6 (right when they won the Superbowl) because that's when I started realizing how awesome sports are. I'm 20 now.

5 - Anything else you'd like us to know: Bears fans.... the only fans that honestly believe they will win the Superbowl every year (and make a new song about it)

Not one, not two, not three, not four,... Oh, Lebron was talking about the Packers

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast