Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who will win the backup job?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott Tolzien

11 61.11%
  • Matt Flynn

7 38.89%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who do you think will win the backup QB spot?

Stats for the first three games.

Vs Titans
    Tolzien: 8/12, 124 YDS, 10.3 AVG, 0 TD/0 INT, 2 Sacks, 100.7 RTG
    Flynn: 5/10, 49 YDS, 0 TD/INT, 0 sacks, 64.2 RTG

Vs Rams
    Tolzien: 10/15, 107 YDS, 7.1 AVG, 0 TD/0 INT, 1 Sack, 87.4 RTG
    Flynn: 2/3, 44 YDS, 14.7 AVG, 1 TD/0 INTs, 2 Sacks, 149.3 RTG

Vs Raiders
    Tolzein: 8/11. 107 YDS, 9.7 AVG, 1 TD/0 INT, 1 Sack, 133.5 RTG
    Flynn: 4/10, 37 YDS, 3.7 AVG, 0 TD/1 INT, 0 Sacks, 11.2 RTG

First game I'd give Flynn a bit of a break because it seemed like he played in the worst part of the weather. Tolzien still had a decent game though.

Second game Flynn didn't throw much and his 1 TD was a 5 yard pass that Janis took to the house. Tolzein still had a decent game. Had a nice couple drives that were killed by penalties.

Third game Tolzien completely outplayed Flynn and it wasn't even close.

I've made it well known that i am a Tolzien guy. I think he has way more potential than Flynn at this point. He has the better arm and isn't afraid to push the ball down the field whereas Flynn just throws dump off passes 90% of the time.

Next game could be the deciding factor. Both guys will get a ton of playing time kinda like the game against the Titans. So who are you pulling for/want to win the job?
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 08-23-2014 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Tolzien looked far better than Flynn yesterday. We should obviously wait until after the next game, but right now I prefer Tolzien.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    I say Tolzein. As mentioned, definitely more upside. He's got the arm to actually run this offense. Just needs some polish. Hopefully, he's gotten a better handle on the play book since last year. He needs to do more than the occasional big play.
    check out my blog http://sshfoma.weebly.com

vCash
    Tolzein will win the job. he has more potential which TT loves. i would keep both, Flynn is a proven winner in our system should the horror of losing Aaron happen.
    Last edited by alabastertubby; 08-24-2014 at 07:05 AM.

vCash
    I still prefer Flynn. We've seen him go out and win games for us. He might not be flashy and make many huge plays but he's more of a safe bet to hold down the fort if Rodgers misses a game or 2.

vCash
    Tolzien love is crazy lol
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    It won't be Rettig. Lol

But I'm okay with both. I think Flynn is still a bit better now. He knows the system better and MM knows his strength and weaknesses.
    Tolzien has a bit more potential and a better arm. But I'm still not sure about his decision making

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Tolzien love is crazy lol
    Can you blame us? Flynn is extremely boring and predictable. If i have to watch some games without Rodgers under center i'd rather see Tolzien playing than Flynn. Matt hasn't done **** all preseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Can you blame us? Flynn is extremely boring and predictable. If i have to watch some games without Rodgers under center i'd rather see Tolzien playing than Flynn. Matt hasn't done **** all preseason.
    What has he done when it's mattered in the past? Isn't that more important than this preseason?
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.

vCash
    What has he done when it's mattered in the past? Isn't that more important than this preseason?
    Not when Tolzien keeps improving. If Rodgers missed a game or two i think we'd still be in good shape regardless if we lost those two games. Unless of course it was the last two games or some ****. If Rodgers misses time like he did last year we are screwed anyways cause ill be damned if the Lions and Bears choke like that again.

Watching Flynn hand the ball off and throw 5 yard passes is boring as hell lol. Still think we will keep three QB's though.

vCash
    Not when Tolzien keeps improving. If Rodgers missed a game or two i think we'd still be in good shape regardless if we lost those two games. Unless of course it was the last two games or some ****. If Rodgers misses time like he did last year we are screwed anyways cause ill be damned if the Lions and Bears choke like that again.

Watching Flynn hand the ball off and throw 5 yard passes is boring as hell lol. Still think we will keep three QB's though.
    Flynn kept us at a .500 pace. I'm not convinced Tolzien's improvement isn't a mirage. I didn't see anything that amazing out of him really.

vCash
    Flynn kept us at a .500 pace. I'm not convinced Tolzien's improvement isn't a mirage. I didn't see anything that amazing out of him really.
    There's nothing amazing about Flynn either. I just like the fact the Tolzien has a better arm and some of his throws are on point. But it's whatever, hoping we don't need either of them this year.

vCash
    There's nothing amazing about Flynn either. I just like the fact the Tolzien has a better arm and some of his throws are on point. But it's whatever, hoping we don't need either of them this year.
    Your backup QB is rarely amazing. You just need a guy who can keep you at 500 and not turn it over. That's been Flynn, he's shown he can do that. Tolzien has a shot but I'd just take the safe bet and not try to get better than good at a spot you don't need to be.

vCash
    I don't think it's that Tolzien looks incredible as much as it is I've been thoroughly unimpressed with what I've seen from Flynn. I'm hoping next game Tolzien plays first to see how he does against better competition.

I still like Flynn though. He knows the system and has showed up when needed in the past.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I don't think it's that Tolzien looks incredible as much as it is I've been thoroughly unimpressed with what I've seen from Flynn. I'm hoping next game Tolzien plays first to see how he does against better competition.
    Do we think Flynn all the sudden doesn't know how to play?

I'm not saying he looks good but I very highly doubt he's regressed.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast